Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    My father passed away last Saturday. He had had Parkinsons for 20 years and in the last two years had had two broken hips, and had become unable to concentrate enough to read or watch television. The nursing home he was a resident in was a wonderful place with very caring staff, but he was soooo looking forward to passing to the next life that I have a hard time being sad for him at all. My mother and I were both with him, and had just read him some of his favourite poetry, and were picking out music when I looked over and said to Mom, "I think he's gone..."

I, too, found that being with him and seeing the feeling of peace enter the room, was a blessing for me.
    You and Bailey are very fortunate that your parent's passings were peaceful. I was able to get to the hospital when my Mother passed. But it was to be there when they removed her ventilator. She had bled out from an aneurism and was brain dead. While I know she felt no pain, it was terrible to watch, it was not peaceful at all. I still can't get the image out of my head. The hospital staff advised us to wait outside the room for a bit, but we wanted to go back in. We should have listened.

I agree with Louis, there will be ups and downs. There is no "normal" feeling or time frame to feel better. Allow yourself to grieve, in your own way and time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    My condolences to you and your family Bailey.

My father passed away last Saturday. He had had Parkinsons for 20 years and in the last two years had had two broken hips, and had become unable to concentrate enough to read or watch television. The nursing home he was a resident in was a wonderful place with very caring staff, but he was soooo looking forward to passing to the next life that I have a hard time being sad for him at all. My mother and I were both with him, and had just read him some of his favourite poetry, and were picking out music when I looked over and said to Mom, "I think he's gone..."

I, too, found that being with him and seeing the feeling of peace enter the room, was a blessing for me.

In accordance with his wishes, we did not hold a funeral for him, but we are having a family celebration and commital of his ashes next spring. We are going to read his favourite poem- The Cremation of Sam McGhee, and hire a piper to play Flowers of the Forest, and drink a lot of good wine in his memory.
    My sincere condolences to you, rjblue.
    What a lovely way to honor your father.

vCash
    Bailey, you have my deepest sympathy in the loss of your mother. I know you will cherish the memories you shared with your mom. Those happy memories, will help you through the grieving process. Thankfully, you have a loving family to lean on. And you have many friends here, that understand what you are going through. Take care of your Dad and yourself.

I lost my best friend (Dad) 9 yrs ago to cancer. Like you, I was there to say goodbye. Since then I feel he is an angel watching over me.

vCash
    Very sorry for your loss. My condolences *hug*.

vCash
    My condolences to you and your family. So sorry to hear about your loss.

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    My condolences to you and your family.

vCash
    My condolences, really sorry.
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    My condolences to you and all the rest of your family. I cannot even begin to imagine what life would be like without any of my parents, but having a chance to say goodbye does make things easier. ((Bailey))

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    Hello everyone,

After a very intense six month journey with cancer, my mom lost her battle last weekend. The doctors all say that she had the most aggressive case of myeloma they have ever seen. We were very blessed to share the final few weeks with her at a wonderful palliative care program which allowed us time to say goodbye and prepare for her passing. It's hard to understand, but the final few hours of her life were actually very joyful. She was visited by her oldest and dearest cousins who sat around her bed, sharing stories of her childhood. When they went to leave, she opened her eyes (the doctor said unbelievable, considering she had been non-responsive for days). After they left, we had a chance to tell her that we loved her, tell her that we would be ok, and that it was time to go. Within minutes after we each had our final words with her, she passed away very peacefully. It was strangely, the most tragic and the most beautiful thing that has ever happened in my life.
    That's the most beautiful thing I've read today. You sent your mom off with the best message. I wish every human being was sent off like that. You did her proud.

I'm so sorry for your loss Bailey. ((HUGS)) I have no idea what I'd do when my mom goes.

vCash
    I'm so very sorry, Bailey.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    (((Bailey))) I'm so sorry about your mother. My prayers and kind thoughts are with you and your family.

vCash
    So sorry, Bailey.

I lost a friend of 30 years last week. I went to see her in the hospital last Monday, and she was gone Tuesday.

This time of year is a tough time for me. My husband came home for the last time on Thanksgiving 3 years ago and he died three weeks later. I miss him every single day, but am grateful for the years we had together.

Take care of yourself.

vCash
    Sorry to hear about your loss.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I'm so sorry Bailey
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234