Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Those ice dancers you mentioned were part of an ice dance weekend. People come from all over and dance with each other. They are fun and something any adult skater can work towards.

Keep up the good work.

vCash

Dana's Off-Ice-Trainning Report...8/20/13

Quote Originally Posted by Synchkat View Post
    Those ice dancers you mentioned were part of an ice dance weekend. People come from all over and dance with each other. They are fun and something any adult skater can work towards.

Keep up the good work.
    COOL!!!! BTW. how did you know that's who they were? Are you familar with Newington Arena? BTW. does anyone else here besides me Skate there? I also have another good Report for Off-Ice-Trainning today. I went back up to the Gym today and lifted wieghts for a little more then Five (I think that's how long). I then took a few min. on the pull-bar,as well as about maybe 10 on the Tredmills.

vCash
    That was the Nutmeg Ice Dance Weekend, and Newington Arena hosts it every year at this time. Skaters find out about ice dance weekends just like they find out about competitions. In my case, I heard about it on Facebook. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend.

Good job with your off-ice workout! Mine today was riding a stationary bicycle for 45 minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    That was the Nutmeg Ice Dance Weekend, and Newington Arena hosts it every year at this time. Skaters find out about ice dance weekends just like they find out about competitions. In my case, I heard about it on Facebook. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend.

Good job with your off-ice workout! Mine today was riding a stationary bicycle for 45 minutes.
    You rode an exceise Bike for...45min?!! COOL!!! BTW. is Ice-Dancing the only Disciplipline associated (I hope I spelled that right) with a weekend? Or are there Pairs Weekends that we hardly ever see? Is there such a thing?

vCash
    Yes, I take a class. At my gym there is a room with a whole lot of exercise bikes in it so a lot of people can ride at the same time. The leader of the class plays music and gives us directions, like to ride faster, or to pedal standing up, or to add more gears to the bike so it's harder to pedal. It's hard work, but when we're all doing it together it's not boring. And I like the music they play.

I don't think there are pairs weekends the same as ice dance weekends. I have heard of pair training camps, but that's not quite the same thing. Ice dance weekends are more for having fun together than for training (although sometimes they do have classes as part of the weekend). Mostly it's just for dancing with other skaters. We all know the same steps to the different dances, so we can trade partners and get to know a lot of people. It's really fun.

vCash
    I hear bike classes are amazing.

As for the dance weekend I am on all the mailing lists. One of the ladies I skate with travels all over North America going to these weekends so I know when they all are. Where I skate we host a big one in February.

I would say ice dance is the only discipline that has this sort of weekend. It is referred to sometimes as social dancing. They will have a list of dances somewhere and play the music in that order. Usually you all wait around at the side of the ice and people partner up to do the dances. If you don't know a dance you just decline an offer to skate or just wait at the back of the group. There will be all levels of skaters and ability at these weekends. I usually try to let other ladies do the lower dances with the men as I pretty much know all of the dances so I don't think it is fair for me to skate with someone for a lower dance when someone might only know 4 dances has to sit it out.

The weekend typically started Friday evening with skating and snacks afterwards. Saturday will be a marathon of ice dancing and sometimes you can get a lesson with the professionals from the club hosting and then a dinner dance. Sunday typically there is a class in the morning and then at the one at my club a brunch. Doing a whole dance weekend is quite a workout.

vCash

Dana's Gym Off-Ice-Trainning Report..8/26/13

Ok my fellow Skaters!!! I wrote down what I did today for Off-Ice-Trainning...so here it goes....

I did 8min. on the electric Tredmill for 8min. at 27mph.

Followed by...16min. on a manual Tredmill.

Followed then by...8min. lifting weigts of 20lds!!

Followed by....6min. on the Pull-bar.

With the Program ending with more wieght-lifting for 4min. with 20lds of wieghts.

vCash

Dana's Off-Ice-Gym-Trainning Report...8/27/13

Ok fellow Skaters!!!! Here we go.....

I did 10min. lifting weights with a 1.25lber.

I did 7min. on the Electric Tredmill.

I did a min. on the Balls.

7min. 0n the Leg Machine.

1min. back on Balls.

...and 8 more min. lifting weights for 8min. with a 25lber.

vCash

Dana's Sk8strong Off-Ice-Trainning Report...8/29/13

Ok Fellow Skaters!!!....Here's a good one!!!

I went up to the Gym for an hr.and 35min....and did the following....

16min. on the Elictric Tredmill at 27mph. going on to a whole 30mph.

5min. of lifting wieghts of 25lbs

11min. on the Pull-bar.

19min. on the Manual Tredmill.

A min. and a half on the Balls.

With 4min. more Lifting weighs of 25 more lbs.

What do you all think of me? I will take any sujestions for my Gym Trainning you all may have.

vCash

Dana's Workout Off-Ice-Trainning Reports....9/5/13-9/8/13

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!! Here is the Report on my last 2 workouts @ the Gym....

9/5/13

I started with 4min. on the Electric Tredmill.

Followed by Lifing weights of 25lds for 7min.

With then 4min. on the Manual Tredill.

8min. on the Leg Machine.

....and 16min. on Balls.

9/7/13

4min. on Electric Tredmill. @ 30-40mph.

10min.lifting 25ld weights.

10min. more warming up on Electric Tredmil.

12min. on Pullbar.

....and 18min.on Balls.

vCash

Dana's On-Ice-Public-Skate Trainning Report...9/15/13

Well my fellow Skaters!!!! Here we go!!!!...My Staff bought me to the Rink for a little before noon. I checked in at the Desk and had to wait till' a Hockey Game ended to go in the Blue Rink to lace up my Skates. The Game went over-time. So all us Skaters got an extended Freeskate. We were all sharing the Rink with a bunch of Freestyle Birthday Girls (or at lease Skaters who could do tricks). LOL. Anyway I even got the chance to take a ccouple of them on as Partners and even try Ice-Dancing with them!! I also practiced Spinning correctly as well as Spirals off the wall. Does anyone else here besides me Skate at Newington Arena? If so,I'll be glad to meet you for an afternoon Public Skate some Sun. at noon.

vCash

Dana's Off-Ice Gym-Trainning Report...9/13/13

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!!....Here we go....

6-Laps on the Electric Tredmill @ 17-55MPH.

Lifted wieghts of 25lds for 20min.

10min. on the Pullbar.

...and 39min.on Balls.

For today 9/17/13

I did 2 half Laps in 10min. on the Electric Tredmill @ 17-30mph.

Lifted wieghts for 13min.

14min. on the Pullbar

...and 10min. on the Menual Tredmill.

vCash
    Ok everyone!!! Here is my Report from today....

I lifted wieghts of 25lds for 13min.

Used the Pull bar for 5min.

..and pedled for 11min.

vCash
    Ok my friends......here we go with todays Report....

I spent 4min on elictric Tredmil at 27mph

I lifted weighrs for 25nin. at 25lbs

I spent 7min. on the Pull-bar

Followed by 13min. on Balls.

vCash
    Ok my fellow Skaters!!!!!! Here is my Training Report....10/29/13

I did 40min. on the electric Tredmill at 27mph. 8 and a half Laps.

Lifted weights of 25lbs for 15min.

Spent 14min. on the Pull-bar

...and 6min. on the Balls

vCash
    Ok my fellow Skaters!!! Here is todays Off-Ice=Training...
    16min.on the electric Tredmill at 20mph

Lifted waits of 25lbs for 10min.

Did Balls for 15min.

vCash
    Well everyone!!! I just got back from another Public Skate,and I must say that we were in the Holiday Spirit today at my Rink!! As they played all Holiday Music!! I also took on 2-3 sets of Partners!! I am getting a little better at staying on balance with even a Partner on either side of me. I have also found myself to have become even a more Natual Ice-Dancer!!! I'm even getting better with Spinning,and even got a little better Skating Backwards.

vCash
    Ok everyone!!!!! Here we go with another GREAT SKATE!!! I went to the Rink on 12/1/13. I checked in at the Desk and waited a bit for Public Skate to start. i got on the Ice and I Skated with 2 Partners as a Threesome. I even for the first time today got my feet up in the air the highest I at least have. Not really high,LOL. but higher then they ever have gotten. I also tried a Sit-Glide for the first time!! Can anyone please help me do it correctly? Thanks.

vCash
    Ok everyone!!!! Here is my Off-Ice-Training for 12/7/12....57min. on the Electric Treadmill...15min. lifting waights of 25lbs, 16min. on the Pull-bar,followed by 30 Sit-Ups on the Mat.

vCash
    Ok everyone!!! I went to my Rink today,and here is my Report...I got to the Rink a little before noon. After signing in at the Desk I went in and got my Skates on. We had a lot of people today,and I must say that I Skated with a Partner today with what I would call an AWSOME PARTNERSHIP!! My Partner and I stayed up almost perfect!! I also am getting better with my Spins,Glide-ins,and entering the Rink.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast