Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    vCash

Dana's On-Ice Public Skate Training Report...4/14/13

Well,ok everyone!!! Here we go!!!!....

I got to Newington Arena at about 11:30am. I signed in at the Desk,and waited until the Zamboni was almost done before going in. After lacing up my Skates and getting on Ice,I worked mostly on Spinning,as well as Sideways and Backward Skating. I also found that crossing your feet over on Skates while keeping balance is NOT as easy as it looks. I tried it near the wall,and LOL,I guess I need to work on it.

vCash

Dana's Off-Ice-Training Report...4/19/13

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!!....Here we go....

Back,Stomach,Spiral-Leg-Lifts and Kick-Ups...I did 100 on each Leg.

Push-Ups = I did 8.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 20.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I'm getting more flexable.

vCash

Dana's On-Ice-Trainning Report...4/27/13

Ok my Friends!!!....Here we go!!!....

A Friend bought me to the Rink today and got on the Ice as my Partner. As I always enjoy Skating like I'm an Ice-Dancer. I tried the move were the guy puts his hand around the Girls waist,and the other out holding the girl's arm out (I forgot what it's called). It's sure not easy to do all the time. She also took movies of me and we Skated laps around the Rink. I also worked so more on Spinning....BTW. I checked with my Rink's Pro-shop about laces like we talked about here a while back..I would really love to know what kind of a Pro-Shop Newington has...As my Rink has Programs for BOTH Hockey,FREESTYLE,PRESCHOOL...AND REC. Skating. But the guy only has Hockey laces. BTW. he agrees about the laces not fitting right. I don't need them yet. But I'd like to know were to get them if really needed.

vCash

Dana's On-Ice Public Skate Report..5/19/13

Ok everyone!!! Here is my Public Skate Report...
    I got to the Rink a little before noon. Went to sign in at the Desk. Then went in to put on my Skates. For a good five min. I had the Rink all to myself. But we wound up with a total of six Skaters on Ice in the end. I am still practicing my Spinning. I am even putting on some speed. Guess what...I can NOW do a Spiral holding onto the wall one-handed facing it with my whole Leg out!!!! I worked on Skating Backwards. I don't know if I'll ever have a knack for it though. LOL.

vCash

Dana's Off-Ice-Training Report...5/23/13

Ok my Friends!!!!.....Here it is....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on my Left,and 50 on my Right.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 60 on each Leg.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I held both my Legs up in a Spiral for 100 sec. each.

Kick-Ups = I did 100 on each Leg.

Push-Ups = I did 14.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 50.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I'm still flexable.

I am also going to start going up to my complex's Gym to Off-Ice-Train as well.

vCash

Dana's Off-Ice-Training Report...6/16/13

Ok my felow Skaters..I know I haven't posted anything here for a while..so here it gos...

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on my Left and 50 on my Right.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on both Legs.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I held both my Legs up in a Spiral for 100 sec.

Kick-Ups = I did 100 on each Leg.

Push-Ups = I did 16.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 80.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I am more flexable.

I would also lke to update everyone here on my great progress at my Rink during Public Skate. I have improved with Speed in my Spinning. As well as with doing a Spiral off the wall. I can NOW do it one-handed facing the wall with my Legs straight out. what do you all think?

vCash

FSWer's Off-Ice-Trainning Update

Hi my Fellow Skater Friends!!!!! Sorry I haven' posted here in a while. But just wanted to tell you all for my next Report that I now go up to my complex's small Gym for excerise and Trainning. I must say that it makes me feel really good!! To be doing a reg. type of Training like any other Skater. You all have really imspired me!!! I would also today like to ask everyone what you all think of me personally as a Skater?

vCash
    I definately think of you as a skater! I can tell how much you love skating

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I think you're doing great, FSWer. It's good that you're exercising at the gym, too. Keep up the good work!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash

Dana's On-Ice-Public Skate Report...8/4/13

Well my Friends...here we go again with another Great Skate!! I got to the Rink a little before Noon. I checked in and went in to put on my Skates. I am getting better with my Spinning. I also practiced more Backward Skating. I also took on a couple of Partners today!!! We were a threesom holding hands. Which I found a little hard to do. But I'm getting the hang of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I think you're doing great, FSWer. It's good that you're exercising at the gym, too. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you Simone. Your an insperation.

vCash
    Sounds like you are making gret progress FSWer. You have been working hard to get your skating better. Good for you for going to the gym too. I really have to gt into some sort of exercise program. You may have inspired me to test my butt off the couch.

vCash

Dana's On-Ice-Trainning Report from 8/10/13

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!! Here is my Report...I went to the Rink today,and bought my Partners along with me. We all Skated around and had a lot of fun!! I also got to meet another Freestyle Skater preparing for a Show in the evening. I have also been complimented on how WELL I've been doing by other Skaters and People at the Rink!! BTW. while I'm talking Skating...LOL,does anyone know if (and I'm not sure what the correct name for these are) the Skate coverings that we see Freestyle Skaters wear over their Skates are ment for Rec. Skating as well,and can be used as a way to keep your laces from coming undone? Also what I would like to ask everyone here today is...how would you all feel about me posting about my Off-Ice-Training at my complexes Gym?

vCash
    We just call those stretchy coverings "boot covers", and rec skaters can wear them, too, if they want. I don't know that they'll keep your laces from coming untied, but they will keep the loose ends from flopping around. Skaters use them to keep their boots from getting scratched up, or just because they like the way they look. Sometimes for show costumes you'll see fancy boot covers made to look like sneakers or saddle shoes or party shoes. If you buy them, they usually just come in one or two sizes, for kids' skates or adults' skates. They're very stretchy, so they fit most skate sizes. They're pretty easy to make, too, for people who know how to sew.

You can post anything you want in your own training thread! What kind of equipment do you have at your gym? At mine, we use stuff like barbells, hand weights, step benches, jump ropes, and exercise balls - not all at once, though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    We just call those stretchy coverings "boot covers", and rec skaters can wear them, too, if they want. I don't know that they'll keep your laces from coming untied, but they will keep the loose ends from flopping around. Skaters use them to keep their boots from getting scratched up, or just because they like the way they look. Sometimes for show costumes you'll see fancy boot covers made to look like sneakers or saddle shoes or party shoes. If you buy them, they usually just come in one or two sizes, for kids' skates or adults' skates. They're very stretchy, so they fit most skate sizes. They're pretty easy to make, too, for people who know how to sew.

You can post anything you want in your own training thread! What kind of equipment do you have at your gym? At mine, we use stuff like barbells, hand weights, step benches, jump ropes, and exercise balls - not all at once, though!
    That's basicly what mine has too. We have excerise Balls,Barbells,Tredmills,a wieght machine that you sit down on and pull the handles down on,that gets havier as you put it down. As well as a machine that works your Legs. I have used all of them. How do you use excerise Balls btw.?

vCash
    There are lots of things you can do with exercise balls. You can sit on them, then walk your legs forward until the ball is under your back - you're sort of laying on the ball with your knees bent and your feet on the floor. Then you do crunches by lifting your head and shoulders up towards the ceiling. It's harder than just doing crunches on the floor. You can also lay on the ball on your stomach and walk your arms out until the ball is under your legs. Then you do push-ups with your legs on the ball. That's harder than regular push-ups, too. The closer the ball is to your feet, the harder it is. You could also lay on the floor on a mat, and grab the ball between your feet. Then lift it up to the ceiling with your legs and lower it again slowly. That works your ab muscles. There are other things you can do with it, too, but those are the ones we do the most.

vCash
    Well my Friends!!! I just wanted to tell you about going to the Gym for Off-Ice-Trainning...Today I went down,(and even though I've been doing this for a few months already. Today is my first post about it. As it feels so good. I thought I'd share this with all of you) and lifted wieghts!!! I can lift a 125 Pounder AND a 15 Pounder!!! I also took some time on the Tredmail. I have used the wieght Machine on other trips too. As I said it feel so GOOD to be trainning like any other Skater!!!!

vCash

Dana's Public Skate Training Report 8/18/13

Well my fellow Skaters!!!! Here is my Report...My Staff dropped me off at the Rink at about 20min. to 12:00 Noon. I checked in at the Desk and went to get my Skates on. We were in the Red Rink today. As we were also lucky to be having Ice-Dance Teams practicing in the Blue. I practiced Spirals off the wall,as well as my Spins. I am even proud to be saying that today a coach actually showed me how to Spin correctly!!! I have been getting so good I have even recieved compliments from other Skaters and coaches!!!
    Also for Off-Ice-Training...I went down to our Gym yesterday and Lifted Wights. I can lift a 15 pounder. I also took time on 2 Tredmills,as well as the Leg Machine,and Pull-Bar. I feel really PROUD of myself!!!

vCash
    Wow, FSWer, that's really awesome!! It's fun to read your reports, and I am proud of you too! You had a dream for a long time, and now you are making it come true!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by backspin View Post
    Wow, FSWer, that's really awesome!! It's fun to read your reports, and I am proud of you too! You had a dream for a long time, and now you are making it come true!!!
    Gee...thanks!!!! That is so nice of you to say. BTW. you seem so nice. Please pm me. Maybe we can chat.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast