Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dana's Off-Ice-Training Report...2/8/13

Ok my Friends AND Fellow Skaters!!!!....Here it is....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on each Leg.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 40 on each Leg.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts and Kick-Ups = I did 100 on each Leg.

Push-Ups = I did 16.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 20

Sit-Toe-Touches = I am still flexable. Today I also tried spreadind my Legs like a Vee. MY it's hard to do!!!!

vCash
    FSWer, I hope you can follow this link to see this photo. It's of the synchro team Nexxice, doing a lift where the girls are lifting a guy. I'd never seen that done before. I thought you would be interested, so I posted it here where I was sure you would see it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skateeelinpaas/8444337875/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    FSWer, I hope you can follow this link to see this photo. It's of the synchro team Nexxice, doing a lift where the girls are lifting a guy. I'd never seen that done before. I thought you would be interested, so I posted it here where I was sure you would see it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skateeelinpaas/8444337875/
    Unfortunely that photo didn't work with my server. Can you Google it? BTW. here is my Off-Ice-Training Report...2/10/13

Back and Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on each Leg.

Push-Ups = I did 14.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 50.

Sit-Toe- Touches = I am still flexable.

vCash

Dana's On-Ice Public-Sk8 Report..2/17/13

Well everyone!!! Here it is......

My Staff got me to the Rink at about 11:50. A Hockey Game was finishing up,so I had to wait. When I got into the Rink (Blue) I got my Skates on,and got them at least as tight as I could. I must say that I got them on before the Zamboni came out!!! It's the first time I've ever beaten the Zamboni!!! LOL. Anyway,when I got on the Ice,I practiced some more of my 2-Foot Spin. As well as my Backward Skating,and Gliding. A Birthday Party was sharing the Rink with us too.

vCash

Dana's Off-Ice-Trainning Report...2/19/13

Ok my fellow Skaters...here it is!!!.....

Back and -Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on each Leg.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on my Left and 60 on my Right.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I held both my Legs up for 100 sec.

Kick-Ups = I did 100 on each Leg.

Push-Ups = I did 13.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 30.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I am still flexable.

vCash

Dana's Off-Ice-Training Report...part 1...2/28/13

Ok my fellow Skaters.....here it is...

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 44 on my Left,and 50 on my Right.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 60 on both Legs.

Ok my Friends!!!....Here is part-2. = 3/1/13

Push-Ups = I did 21.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

SSit-Ups = I did 30.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I stretched the most I could.
    Last edited by FSWer; 03-01-2013 at 09:44 PM.

vCash

Dana's Off-Ice-Training Report...3/8/13

Ok my Friends...here we go...

Back and Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on each Leg.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on my Left and 60 on my Rigt.

Kick-Ups = I did 100 on each Leg.

Push-Ups = I did 14.

Back-Ups = I did 120.

Sit-Ups= I did 50.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I'm still Flexable.

vCash

Dana's On-Ice Public Skate Training Report..3/10/13

Ok, my fellow Skaters!!!!...Here we go...

I got to the Rink at 11:50. I signed in at the Desk,and went in to put on my Skates. I then got on and went to practice my Spins,Glides,and Spirals off the wall. We had a really great crowd today!! I think we had a Birthday Party with us!!! BTW. does anyone know if black Hockey Skates will fit with Black Figure Skates,if Figure Skate Laces can't be found?

vCash
    Are you asking how to know what skating laces to buy? Take out one of the laces of your skates. Then measure it. Now you know what length to buy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlCanSkate View Post
    Are you asking how to know what skating laces to buy? Take out one of the laces of your skates. Then measure it. Now you know what length to buy.
    LOL,I was asking if you can USE the same length and color in Hockey Laces in Figure Skates if your Rink's Proshop doesn't carry black Figure Skate Laces.

vCash
    For recreational skating, it doesn't matter. If you are an advanced skater, you will have a preference as to the materials the skates are made from (the amount of stretch in the lace, certain rituals that have to feel a certain way). But just for regular skating, as long as the laces are long enough it won't matter.

vCash
    Most hockey laces are wider than figure skating laces, so using the wide laces in figure skates stretches the figure skate holes. Unless the skate has metal eyelets (most don't these days) the hockey laces will damage the leather eyelets. They also don't fit around the hooks very well, so they tend to slip off.

Ask the pro shop to order you black laces if you need them. They can help you estimate the length needed for the skates without removing the laces to measure. It's some formula based on the number of eyelets/hooks. You might need to wait a few weeks, so if you think you need them, order now and keep them in your skate bag until needed. FSWer only skates an hour or two a week, seasonally. I think the laces should be okay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    Most hockey laces are wider than figure skating laces, so using the wide laces in figure skates stretches the figure skate holes. Unless the skate has metal eyelets (most don't these days) the hockey laces will damage the leather eyelets. They also don't fit around the hooks very well, so they tend to slip off.

Ask the pro shop to order you black laces if you need them. They can help you estimate the length needed for the skates without removing the laces to measure. It's some formula based on the number of eyelets/hooks. You might need to wait a few weeks, so if you think you need them, order now and keep them in your skate bag until needed. FSWer only skates an hour or two a week, seasonally. I think the laces should be okay.
    I think from what I understand,my Rink's Pro-shop Specailizes mostly in Hockey. I am not sure,but I don't think they carry much for Figure Skaters. Is there a way to tell yourself,if you don't know anything about fitting laces,and matching them to Skates,if they will fit without damaging the skates or holes? Because I've heard that Pro-Shop people don't always know what there talking about. BTW. if laces ARE for Figure Skates,will it say on the package?

vCash
    Pretty much all pro shops specialize mostly in hockey. Even if they don't carry much for figure skaters, they will have laces. If they don't have exactly the size you need, they will be able to get the right size. Talk to them. They will try to help you, because they want you to buy laces from them.

vCash
    The rinks you go to, FSWer, have lots of figure skaters in them. The pro shop people will know what you need.

It might be different if you were at a seasonal rink or one that had very little figure skating ice time and only a couple of general coaches. But that's not the case where you are.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    Pretty much all pro shops specialize mostly in hockey. Even if they don't carry much for figure skaters, they will have laces. If they don't have exactly the size you need, they will be able to get the right size. Talk to them. They will try to help you, because they want you to buy laces from them.
    If your not sure about if a Pro-shop guy knows enough himself. Can you safefuly say that as long as laces go through the holes...they are right enough?

vCash
    The pro shop guy will know enough to know which laces are the right ones for figure skates. Use laces meant for figure skates, not hockey skates. Like FigureSpins already said, hockey laces are thicker and might slip off the hooks on figure skates. The pro shop guy will know whether the laces they have are for hockey skates or figure skates. If they don't have the kind you need, they can get them for you.

vCash

Dana's Off-Ice-Training Report...3/22/13

Ok my fellow Skaters...I know I haven't posted for a while. Due to getting over a sprained and brussed knee. So here it gos....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on my Left,and70 on my Right.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on my Left,and 60 on my Right.

Push-Ups = I did 25.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 40.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I'm still Flexable.

vCash

Dana's Off-Ice-Training Report...3/28/13

Ok my fellow Skaters...here is my Training Report...

Back-Leg-Lifts and Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on each Leg.

Spiral- Leg-Lifts and Kick-Ups = I did 100 on each Leg.

Push-Ups = I did 10.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 30.
    Sit-Toe-Touches = I'm still flexable.

Also I just want to Report that I started trying Sideways Skating in Newington on the 24th. I think I might have the idea. But can anyone give me any tips.

vCash
    FSWer, I don't understand what you mean by "sideways skating". Can you explain more about what you're trying to do?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast