Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash

FSWer is going to Summer Skating Camp!!..Skating Camps for Lessons,VS. Learn to Skate

Ok my fellow Skaters...I'm not sure if this should be HERE, or posted as a seperate Thread. I'm also not sure if this is something I can distrive on a Board...but I'm going to try. As perhaps some of you can at least give me more of an idea of what to expect....So here it gos...

First I just want to annouce that I am going back for more Skating Lessons at my Rink....I am so excited!!!!...Now,here is what I will be taking....

Summer11 = 8/5-8/27/12 = 4 Classes (a Class each Sun. in Aug.) for $80.00. From 4:30-5:20....What I'm interested to know is...if anyone here can explain a little more in detail about what the difference between a Skating Camp for Lessons VS. Learn to Skate is? As the Guy at my Rink din't really know much about it tell tell us,and it really doesn't destrive it on a Green flyer I got. It just gives me the Dates and prices,along with a few Regulations....Everyone!!!!....Please wish me Luck!!!

vCash
    LTS is a program where once a week you have a class - typically a 30 minute lesson. Each class is broken into levels.

Skating Camp for (various levels) is usually a week long (usually at least 4 hours a day) or if it is once a week it is only in the summer and about 4-5 hours long.

vCash

Wish FSWer Luck!!! Please watch for these Reports.

Just wanted to remind everyone that I start Round 2 of Learn to Skate Aug.,5th at Newington Arena!!! I'm taking a 4-week course. LOL,which means,learning what I can in just that time. I had an evoluation in 2007. So hoefully they'll be able to take up right were the Girl who taught me on Round 1 left off. I surely hope I do very well....Anyway,I also post this to tell everyone to please keep checking back here during the month of Aug. As I will post the Report from my Class weekly as I come back....As I said before..everyone....please wish me luck!!!

vCash
    Good luck with your class, I am sure you will do great.

vCash
    Best of luck, FSWer!

vCash

FSWer's Off-Ice-Training Report...8/3/12

Ok my fellow Skaters!!! Here it is....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 40 on my Lift, and 50 on my Right.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 20 on my Left,and 30 on my Right.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I held my Legs up in a Spiral for 200 sec. on each Leg.

Kick-Ups = I did 60 on both Legs.

Push-Ups = I did 15.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 40

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100 and touched my toes.

vCash
    Good luck with your class that starts tomorrow!! I hope you have a lot of fun!

You've skated a lot since your last class, so you'll certainly be more comfortable on the ice than you were before. I hope you have a great time!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by backspin View Post
    Good luck with your class that starts tomorrow!! I hope you have a lot of fun!

You've skated a lot since your last class, so you'll certainly be more comfortable on the ice than you were before. I hope you have a great time!!

Well,LOL,I owe it all to you all!!! You all have helped me out a whole lot!!!

vCash

FSWer's On Ice Learn To Skate Report...week 1 Aug.,5th 2012

Well, hello everyone!!! I have just returned from my first of 4 Learn to Skate Classes for Aug.,2012...Round,2!!

I mut say that this time arund,I found mysel to respond,and do much better then helast tim I was enrolled in a Class. Today was basicly just working with me on my balncing and stopping (Snowplow). After Class I got to pretty much do what I wanted. I also would like to Report to all you Synchronized Skaters out there that I found us one today...right....somebody who we (my coach and I) found to be a COMPLETE Alilen to Synchronized Skating!!!!....I never thought I'd see the day!!..Although I must say that my coac just pointed out an interesting way to distrive Synchro. to somebody that new....to just bisicly think of it as Pairs Skating multiplyed. BTW. speakng of Synhro., I found out that my coach for this class is non other then a future 2013 Senior.....HAYDENETE!!!!
    Last edited by FSWer; 08-06-2012 at 01:35 AM.

vCash
    Sounds like a great start.

vCash

FSWer's Off-Ice-Training Report...8/12/12

Ok my fellow Skaaters!!!!...Here it is....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 oneach Leg.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 60 on each Leg.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts and Back-Ups = I did 100 each.

Kick-Ups = I did 70 on both Legs.

Push-Ups = I did 20.

Sit-Ups = I did 30.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100,and touched my toes.

vCash

FSWer's On-Ice-Learn to Skate Training Report week 2 8/12/12

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!...Here is my Report from Learn to Skate Class...week 2. I got dropped off at the Rink a little after 4:00. I got my nametag from the Desk and went in to put on my skates (LOL,the coach has been helping me get them on during class,so at least they can be tight enough. As I've never been good with getting them as tight as other Skaters do. There's also not enough light down by the floor. LOL. I'd be there all night). Anyway,I finally got on the ice,and had a sub. Coach. Who reviewed some things from last week, that my reg. coach taught me. As well as had me skate around cones and all. After Class,I had 10min. of Free Skate!!!

vCash

FSWer'sPublic Skate Training Report...8/18/12

Ok everyone!!!!...Hre it is!!!....

A Friend of mine took me to Newington today,and we had a lot of fun skating together. There weren't very many Skaters there today. I also practiced some Spins. As well as Skating Backward. I also tried some Spirals off the Wall. I return tomorrow for Skating Class.

Title-less
    vCash
    Have a great time tomorrow

vCash

FSWer's Learn to Skate Class Report....8/19/12

Ok my Fellow Skaters!!!! Here is week 3!!!...

My Staff dropped me off at the Rink a little after 4:00pm. I went in and got my Nametag from the Desk,and waited a bit before going in. I then went in,and watched some Ice-Dancers before actually getting my Skates on. I then got on the Ice with my coach,and we basicly just reviewed things. We also had some Spectators as well!!

vCash

FSWer's Off-Ice-Training Report....8/23/12

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!!....Here it is...

For Back-Leg-Lifts,Stomach-Leg-Lifts,and Kick-Ups = I did 100 on each Leg.

For Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I held both my Legs up in a Spiral for 300 sec. each!!!

Push-Ups = I did 16.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 30.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100,and touched my Toes.

vCash

FSWer's Learn to Skate Training Report...8/26/12

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!....Here we are on my last week of Learn to Skate. So here is the Report...

My Staff dropped me off at the Rink,a little after 4:00. I went in and got my Nametag...and a little while after...went into the Rink and got my Skates on. My Coach reviewed a few things,and had me zigzag through and circle some cones. We also had some Spectators again today as well. I then had 10min. of Free Skate,with enough time to do 2 Laps around the Rink!!!

Off-Ice-Training 8/26/12
    -----------------------

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!!..Now for...Off-Ice-Training!!!!...

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 40 on each Leg.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on each Leg.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I did 100 on each Leg.

Kick-Ups - I did 60 on each Leg.

Sit-Ups = I did 40.

Push-Ups = I did 20.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100,and touched my toes.

vCash
    I'm very glad you had a good time in your classes! I hope you'll get to take some more in the future.

Great job!

vCash

FSWer's Off-Ice-Training Report...8/31/12

Ok my fellow Skaters...here it is!!!...

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on each Leg.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on my Left,and 60 on my Right.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts and Kick-Ups = I did 100 on each Leg.

Sit-Ups = I did 30.

Push-Ups = I did 12.

Back-Ups = I did 130.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100 and touched my toes.

vCash

FSWer's On-Ice-Public Skate Report...9/2/12

Well,ok everyone!!!...Here is todays Report!!!....

I got to the Rink at about Noon. I signed in at the Desk with my Passes,and went in to put on my Skates. (Ahhhhhhhh,a DARN 10min. JUST to GET them laced AND tied!!!) Anyway,I FINALLY got on the Ice,and practiced some more 2-Foot Spins.As well as lifting my Foot up in back of me,and a couple of Spirals off the Wall.I also tried for the first time today,kicking both Feet up in front of me. I which I found it IS a little hard to keep balance...but FUN!!! I then did 1 complete Lap around the Rink...and then Glided in. I want to work to make my Glide-ins better.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast