Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    Okay. Well, in that case, I wonder if maybe when you lift your foot up you are also shifting your weight on the foot you're trying to glide on. If you get your weight too far forward towards your toes, the bottom toe pick will drag a little bit and make you stop. Next time you try, make sure you're standing very flat on your gliding foot. Think about keeping your weight right over the middle of your foot. You could even think about lifting your toes up inside your boot. You won't really be able to do that in a stiff skate boot, but if you try, you won't rock forward on your toe picks and stop.
    Can you please explain how my Gliding Foot and both Feet should look and how I put the weight were it should be?

vCash
    This is where you really need to be able to see pictures, or video, or best of all, have another skater show you.

vCash
    Clarice has to excellent advice. I just wanted to add try doing one foot balancing off the ice while in your skates. Just to try to feel where you feel balanced.

When you do the one foot glides on the ice remember to bend the knee of the leg you are standing on. Never too early to develop good habits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synchkat View Post
    Clarice has to excellent advice. I just wanted to add try doing one foot balancing off the ice while in your skates. Just to try to feel where you feel balanced.

When you do the one foot glides on the ice remember to bend the knee of the leg you are standing on. Never too early to develop good habits.
    So my knee helps to keep me gliding? Should I bend my knee on a Spin too?

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    So my knee helps to keep me gliding? Should I bend my knee on a Spin too?
    Your knee shouldn't be really bent, as if you are about to sit down, but your knee shouldn't be stiff and straight either. You will probably have to bend your knee a very little bit to be able to spin on the middle of your foot, as Clarice says. But just a very little bit!
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    As Overedge said you just want your knee so it is not completely locked. This is more for the gliding than spinning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Your knee shouldn't be really bent, as if you are about to sit down, but your knee shouldn't be stiff and straight either. You will probably have to bend your knee a very little bit to be able to spin on the middle of your foot, as Clarice says. But just a very little bit!
    Can someone please explain in steps to me what I SHOULD be doing for BOTH a 2-Foot AND 1-Foot Spin,so I can follow you all better? BTW. here is my Off-Ice-Training Report for...5/22/12....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on both Legs.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 40 on my Left...and 30 on my Right.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I did 60 onboth Legs.

Kick-Ups = I did 40.

Push-Ups = I made it back to 30!!!

Back-Ups and Sit-Ups = I did 100!!!

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100 and touched my toes. LOL,I'm not sure if I'm REALLY doing 100 on my Sit-Ups...I think I might just be counting like my Toe-Touches.

Next Report coming soon!!!

vCash
    Can someone please explain in steps to me what I SHOULD be doing for BOTH a 2-Foot AND 1-Foot Spin,so I can follow you all better?
    No, I don't think we can explain it well enough. You really need somebody to show you. This is why skaters take lessons. It's too hard to understand exactly what to do just from reading explanations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    No, I don't think we can explain it well enough. You really need somebody to show you. This is why skaters take lessons. It's too hard to understand exactly what to do just from reading explanations.
    yes, i agree. do they offer learn to skate classes at your rink?

vCash
    I think you are receiving the best explanations possible already, are there group lessons / private lessons available at nearby rinks?

LOL @ posting at the same time with AndyWarhol.

vCash
    LOL...ok,thanks.

vCash

FSWer's Off-Ice-Training Report....5/28/12

Ok my fellow Skaters!!! Here is todays Report!!!...

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 70 on both Legs.

Stomach- Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on my Left Leg,and 40 on my Right Leg.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts, and Back-Ups = I did 100!!!

Kick-Ups = I did 60 on my Left Leg,and 40 on my Right Leg.

Push-Ups = I did 20.

Sit-Ups = I did 70.

Sit Toe-Touches = I counted to 100,and touched my toes.

vCash

FSWer's Off-Ice-Skating Report....6/1/12

Ok,my fellow Skaters...here it is....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on my Lift,and 60 on my Right.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 70 on my Lift and 50 on my Right.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I did 103 on my Left,and 100 on my Right.

Kick-Ups = I did 60 on my Lift,and 40 on my Right.
    Push-Ups = I did 16.

Back-Ups = I did 100

Sit-Ups = I did 60.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100,and touched my toes.

vCash

FSWer's Off-Ice-Training Report....6/5/12

Ok my fellow Skaters!!! Here it is....

Back-Leg-Lifts,Stomach-Leg-Lifts,Spiral-Leg-Lifts,and Kick-Ups = I did 50 on both Legs.

Push-Ups = I did 20.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 50.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100,and touched my toes.

vCash

FSWer's On-Ice-Public Skate Report...6/10/12

Ok my fellow Skaters!!! Here is my Report...

I got to Newington Arena about 11:50 am. I went in and after checking in...went into the Rink to put on my Skates,and get on the Ice. It turned out to be a little Foggy in the Rink. As the (I forgot what it's called) wasn't working. Anyway,we all still had fun!!! Me and everyone else ended up sharing the Blue Rink with a couple of Level Skaters in Training. Cute little ones. I myself practiced my 2-Foot-Spin (I got a little faster her). As well as my Long-Distance-Glide,Backward Skating,Glide-ins,Heel-To-Toe Glides,as well as a few Jumps (LOL,which unfortunely I feel on).

vCash

FSWer's Off-Ice-Training Report...6/12/12

Ok my fellow Skaters...here is my Report!!!....

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on my Left,and 40 on my Right.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on my Left,and 50 on my Right.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I did 50 on my Left,and 70 on my Right.

Kick-Ups = I did 40 on both Legs.

Push-Ups = I did 21.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 50.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 80 onboth feet,and touched my Toes.

vCash

FSWer's Off-Ice-Training Report...6/15/12

Ok my Fellow Skaters!!! Here is my Report...

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 60 on both Legs.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts = I did 30 on both Legs.

Spiral-Leg-Lifts = I saw today how long I could hold my Legs a Spiral....I held it for 100 sec. on both Legs.

Kick-Ups = I did 60 on my Left,and 50 on my Right.

Push-Ups = I did 20.

Back-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Ups = I did 30.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100 on both Legs,and touched my Toes.

vCash

FSWer's Off-Ice-Training Report...6/17/12

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!...It's another good one!!!...

Back-Leg-Lifts = I did 40 on both Legs.

Stomach-Leg-Lifts,Spiral-Leg-Lifts,and Kick-Ups = On all 3 I did 100 on both Legs. As far as Stomach and Back-Leg-Lifts go...my Legs...MUST be getting stronger!!!

Push-Ups = I did 17.

Back-Ups and Sit-Ups = I did 100.

Sit-Toe-Touches = I counted to 100 and touched my toes.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Keep up the good work!

FSWer, do you know about the "Tribute to Life" skating exhibition taking place at the Newington Arena in Newington, CT on Saturday, August 11th? The Haydenettes synchro team are one of the headliners this year -- more info in this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83966

And in case you missed seeing it, I answered your questions about 2 other events taking place at Newington Arena this summer:
    Say,I have just heard that there is a Ice-Dance Competition being held (I think it's still part of the Nutmeg Games in Newington) Aug.,3rd-5th. Is there anyone here that knows anything more about this that can please give me any more info.? Also,if any of you have the Link,that too would be great. Also,does anyone know if this is oen to the Public? Thanks.
    The figure skating competition of the Nutmeg (Connecticut) State Games will be held on Saturday, July 7 and Sunday, July 8th (if necessary) at the Newington Arena, like it was last year. I can post links to the competition schedule and other information when they become available online.

The Nutmeg Ice Dance Weekend (it's a social get-together for ice dancers, and not a competition) will be held at the Newington Arena August 3-5, 2012: http://newingtonarena.com/?p=3613
    You might be able to watch some of the on-ice activities from the stands (not sure), but you have to pay to participate.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-18-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

FSWer's Public Skate Training Report...6/24/12

Ok my fellow Skaters!!!!....Here is my On ice Training Report...

My Staff dropped me off at the Rink a little before noon. I went in,and after checking in with the Desk,went in and put on my Skates. It turned out that we only had about 5 Skaters on the Ice today. I was able to practice my 2-Foot Spin. As well as a Spiral off the Boards.As well as practiced lifting my Foot and Leg up while Gliding. I think I at least got it higher.But I can't seem to get my Leg and Foot to stay up. I think my Foot is just to nervous. LOL.There was also a Skating Camp there....As usual...closed to the Public...So,I really would like all your expertise on this. Does anyone know if a RINK decides to do that? Or are they following a Federation...and the Rink...WISHES they could open it to the Public? LOL, at least some of the Skaters were willing to practice in my Rink's Lobby (they were practicing Jumps into Rotation Spins in the air...I also still can't figure out how to Jump into a Spin,can anyone please help?),.I must say too,that the Skaters were a lot much nicer then some people running the thing.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast