Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

No More Kardashians?

Some woman started an online petition to take all things Kardasians off the air. It will be forwarded to the network. Here's the link:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ardashian.html

vCash
    Not watching the show would work as well as any petition.

vCash
    Hmmm, talk about Christmas in July...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Not watching the show would work as well as any petition.
    Or boycotting the show and the KK's sponsers. Do people really buy Kardashians' merchandises at Sears? Blech.

vCash
    I guess some people object to making a talentless famewhore a zillionaire. I don't really care. It has happened before (Paris Hilton) & it will happen again.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Do people really buy clothes at Sears? Blech.
    FTFY.

If people would STOP WATCHING, they would not be on TV. Yeah, you can't avoid things like Random Kardashian on DWTS, ANTM, PR, etc. but no one has to watch their shows.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Me not watching (and I don't) doesn't really do much - it's those Nielsen families that have to be convinced.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Somebody's interested in this, because aside from tv ratings, there are the magazines. They know which covers sell, and they know which stories are getting the most hits online.

I can see making a misstep once or twice, but they wouldn't keep putting the Kardashians on their covers if they weren't quite sure they'd sell. Ditto Teen Moms - their appeal is a complete mystery to me, and yet they are widely covered, often on the covers.

vCash
    I don't think people are going to be 'keeping up' much longer. Many people were annoyed by them to begin with, but now that there was a 4 hour special on the wedding and then Kim just divorced a few weeks right after the special aired... people are probably going to start thinking what's the point of 'keeping up' with them through this drama of a journey, it's just even more of a waste of time than before.

With this stunt the kardashians proved to the non-believers that they really will do whatever for fame. Not only that but the mother handled her interviews so badly, saying Humphries would be an indian giver if he asked for the ring back, kim is keeping the gifts, they just made themselves look even worse...

vCash
    I'm 100% behind the idea of this petition, but I wish it had been written by someone with better writing skills. The credibility of the whole thing (assuming you believe it has any to begin with) isn't helped by the poor delivery of the message.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Some one should have told Kim, "First you see the ring, and then your career dies"

vCash
    The Kardashians are like everything else....it will run it's course. I used to watch. In fact, the first couple of seasons they were pretty entertaining. But now that all of them have become fame whores, they've become repulsive and hard to watch. I was done when I saw a preview of their 14 year daughter wanting birth control. Who does that to a kid? Mom and co are getting her started pretty early, aren't they?
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    There's a Boycott the Kardashians group on Facebook - the number of members has mushroomed over the past couple of weeks and now has over 55,000 members.

In addition to the KarTrashian clan, I also want to slap Ryan Seacrest silly for foisting this obnoxious, opportunistic, money-grubbing passel of famewhores onto America. I used to tune into E! for various shows, but nowadays, any time I check my cable guide, it seems like that channel is always airing some incarnation of the KarTrashian family, and now I refuse to watch anything on it until they're gone. It's been months since I've watched anything on E!, yet it seems like I'm constantly being bombarded by sound bytes, news bytes, photos, blurbs, etc., on every other channel, plus there's the over-exposure of these people in magazines at the store -- I swear, it seems like there's no escaping them .

Stop the insanity!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    It's been months since I've watched anything on E!, yet it seems like I'm constantly being bombarded by sound bytes, news bytes, photos, blurbs, etc., on every other channel, plus there's the over-exposure of these people in magazines at the store -- I swear, it seems like there's no escaping them .
    I went through a major department store [coughSearscough] today, and in the cosmetic dept. there was a GIANT poster of Kim K. glaring, I mean staring seductively, next to a display of her perfume. It was scary!!
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    One can only hope they will go......AWAY!!!!

vCash
    I've never watched the Ks and have never had an interest in what they were doing. After the wedding fiasco (the news was everywhere and couldn't be avoided) I will make it my business to buy nothing that has the Kardashian name on it.

vCash
    They were in Australia recently and charging $100K an interview on TV. Plus promoting some handbags or something in department stores. They cut short their stay which upset the people promoting them.

What I couldn't believe was the number of young teenage girls in tears at their instore appearances. What is our world coming to?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I went through a major department store [coughSearscough] today, and in the cosmetic dept. there was a GIANT poster of Kim K. glaring, I mean staring seductively, next to a display of her perfume. It was scary!!
    I read that her perfume has bombed. Not because of negative press but because it stinks.

vCash
    who shops at sears?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast