Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Black Friday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    You should. Just make sure you store it so that you don't get bugs. You probably know this, but grains can get wheat moths. And once you get them, they are really hard to get rid of. they lay eggs and the larvae get all over. I got them in my pantry once, must have come in in some box of cereal or pasta. I had to throw everything out, except for canned/bottled goods. They even got into sealed packages of dried soup mix!
    Yeah. We had that in our pantry... Took forever to get rid of. In terms of the horse grain, shouldn't be an issue. A 50lbs bag lasts this horse 5 day... He's eating me out of house and home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Yeah. We had that in our pantry... Took forever to get rid of. In terms of the horse grain, shouldn't be an issue. A 50lbs bag lasts this horse 5 day... He's eating me out of house and home.
    what we do for our beloved animals!

vCash
    I bought everything online. Found son's big present on Walmart the other day, PS3 bundle for $200, normally $360. So, after that, I focused on games for it. Great blu ray sales at Amazon this weekend, I've ordered 5 new ones. Philosophy had some decent deals, so I bought me stuff there. Made out like a bandit at Kohls, had a 20% coupon and got $45 Kohls cash for next week. Overstock had Adele's 21 for $6.99, and the boots I've been eying up for $25 off.

Everything else will be bought local, I did the "Small Business Saturday" thing today and bought my mom some jewelry. I'm all done but the stocking stuffers, and I haven't gone over my budget yet.

The PS3 actually came today. I had him carry the box in and told him it was sheets for his grandmother.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Well the jokes on her. That X-box deal was a crappy deal. It's the older 4GB X-box and you can buy it online for between $145-160 so buying it bundled with a bunch of stuff, half of which you probably don't want, for $200 isn't a deal at all.
    Actually, it was this bundle that included Kinect and they were also giving a $50 Walmart gift card with purchase...so basically it ended up half price. (Walmart sells enough household supplies that using the card on something "needed" is easy enough.)

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB-C...340BDWS590FZ49

Not of course that it justifies what that person did.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    It isn't really half price though because the console is now only worth about $150 and with the gift card, that brings it up to $200 so basically you are getting the Kinect for free. Which is deal. But not one worth macing someone over.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    any interesting cyber monday sales?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Amazon usually has some good cyber deals. They've started some already.

I'm probably going to buy a couple of gifts from sierratradingpost.com . They sell Acorn slippers at good prices, which are even better with the cyber Monday prices that already are in effect. It's also a good place to get gloves and other winter items.

I want to get the Adele live CD/DVD for someone, but I don't think it goes on sale until Tuesday, so I'm not sure I'll find any cyber Monday deals on that one.

vCash
    For those shopping online, consider going to goodshop.com and see if your store is there. A portion of your sale will go the charity of your choice. Mine goes to Blind Cat Rescue.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    For those shopping online, consider going to goodshop.com and see if your store is there. A portion of your sale will go the charity of your choice. Mine goes to Blind Cat Rescue.
    thanks, 2 of the sites i was buying from are on there
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I am back and am so tired. Left Canada Thursday evening at 7pm, the border lineup was about 45 minutes. Not bad, really.

We knew that we wouldn't get to Portland by midnight, so we decided to stop at any store that happened to be open. We got to a Walmart around 10:45pm. I found the lineups for the midnight (or later) sales annoying. They should've just done them all at once. Some of the lineups took up several aisles of merchandise and despite most of the sales being electronics, they were disbursed throughout the store. I was trying to buy a box of crackers and I had to let the people know that I wasn't trying to budge in line. I actually wanted a box of crackers! I also got mustard, eggs (so cheap!) and a can opener. The lineup was shorter than a usual day at Walmart. Overall, an easy experience.

We then went to Macy's. I didn't buy anything but I got to try out all the clothes I wanted without any real hassles.

Target, I found, busier than Walmart. All's I got was some bodywash and Hall's (cheap!). We stopped by Best Buy, where I got an electronic picture frame and a portable dvd player for my folks. Both were featured in the BD flyer. They were still available despite us not being there at midnight.

It was 3am, we took a nap for an hour and then headed off to Lloyd Centre. Some store were open, like Forever 21, Old Navy and Macy's. The mall is always kinda dead. But there's a fitness gym nearby and then let nonmembers use it for a relatively small fee, so I worked out for an hour. I got a couple of shirts at Old Navy.

Then we went to Downtown Portland. There was a Parade, Pioneer Place was pretty busy and Powell's Books was great. Didn't buy anything, though. Except coffee.

I was planning to use the MAX all day but my parents were getting tired. So we drove all over the place, instead. Fry's Electronics was next (way out in the boonies), where I got blank dvds and dvd sleeves for my figure skating collection. Then we stopped at any shopping centre along the highway that seemed remotely interesting. We stopped by an outdoor mall (with a Crate & Barrell, the first time I've been inside one!). I was mighty impressed that there valet shopping. I considered using it as that was the only time I had any trouble finding an empty parking lot. The whole day was busy but not abnormally crazy. And everyone seemed basically normal. No one really crazy.

So we finished shopping at 4pm. So, about 14 hours of shopping with 1.5 hours of sleep. And I didn't get any cheap toilet paper!

Dinner, we had with family but I fell asleep at 9pm and woke up the next day 10am. Oops. I went for a run. My family live in a lovely residential area surrounded by trees and parks. Running in that makes me not want to run because it is soooo boring. But they live about a 5 minute car ride to about every big box store in the world. So, I drove and parked my car and started my run. While running, I noticed a sale on toilet paper at some place called Big Lots. Love Big Lots! I got my cheap toilet paper.

That was it for me and shopping. I spent the whole day playing basketball and video games with my nephews (and still sleeping) and we later went to something called Zoo Lights at the Portland Zoo. Very cool.

Oh wait, when going home today, we went to a mega Vietnamese grocery store in Seattle and I bought my sweetened condensed milk in a SQUEEZABLE BOTTLE! OMG, Love that idea!

So, in all and all, it was fun. But I doubt I will ever take another day off just to do Black Friday. The sales weren't that great and certainly if you don't want any of the doorcrashers, there is no point in shopping so early in the day.

vCash
    Great report manhn. It makes want to crawl into bed for about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    It was 3am, we took a nap for an hour and then headed off to Lloyd Centre. Some store were open, like Forever 21, Old Navy and Macy's. The mall is always kinda dead. But there's a fitness gym nearby and then let nonmembers use it for a relatively small fee, so I worked out for an hour. I got a couple of shirts at Old Navy.
    You needed those crackers!!

An emoticon of Brian Orser jumping up and down enthusiastically as he supports his skaters would be appropriate.

So we finished shopping at 4pm. So, about 14 hours of shopping with 1.5 hours of sleep.

And I didn't get any cheap toilet paper!

While running, I noticed a sale on toilet paper at some place called Big Lots. Love Big Lots! I got my cheap toilet paper.
    And burnt some calories in the process.. . .

Ever heard of extreme couponing? Maybe that's a reality show, if so you should try out.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I am back and am so tired.
    I'm with Japanfan. After reading that, I need a nap. All shopping aside, sounds like you had a great time with your family.

In Search of a Lost Chord
    The big space where the rest of your childhood forgets as a dream and the harshness of life dims the peaches and cream.
    vCash
    Black Friday - Root Canal...

Decisions, decisions, decisions....
    Happiness is being married to your best friend!

vCash
    I went to Walmart today to get food.
    It was a madhouse.
    Imagine what it will be next month!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234