Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I like Black Friday, but couldn't be arsed to get out today. Instead, I just bought my mom a camera for Christmas from home. I might go to Ulta or Sephora, but I can't decide if I'd rather just stay home and order stuff online since the sales are pretty good and I can get free shipping anyway.
    Did you do Sephora's VIB sale a few weeks back?
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    That's because the people who would've voted "yes" are still in line somewhere.

I'm about to head out. I figure the crazies should be gone by now. Right???

Where do you guys live that you're getting crazy folks?

vCash
    Most of the issues that appear on the news are at Walmart.

I don't shop walmart on Black Friday or the day after xmas.

I stick to my best buy, target, kohls, macys and boston store.

vCash
    I had to work today so I didn't go shopping until lunch.

My mom got a $400 desktop at Sam's club, some stuff from Menards and some jewelery at Kohl's. My mom got up around 3:30am.

I missed not being with her this morning. We have such a good time, she brings cream of wheat or yougart and I bring hot tea. We sit in the car and take turns in the line before the door opens. Or we just wait in the car until the door opens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Saw a news bit about 10 people being injured after a fellow customer pepper sprayed them. I also saw the insane line ups and pushing on tv. I have never gone to one of these sales and never will. No discount is worth doing through all that. LOL

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news...rt-20111125-es
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    NBC had a story of a woman who used pepper spray to have an advantage over other shoppers to get an XBox
    Stupid
    Now the heifer is looking at a possible jail sentence. Serves her right. How idiotic!

vCash
    I was nestled all snug in my bed this morning. But I did shop online. Got a new laptop to replace my current one whose screen shakes, a lot, constantly. HP was having a Black Friday sale so I was able to upgrade to a better version for less money than I would have spent on a downgraded version last week.

About the only thing I saw in all the BF ads that looked worthwhile was a digital camera. They weren't giving it away, but it was discounted. But my current one works fine, and it's really not a necessity right now.

vCash
    Me and my mom hit Salvation Army. Ours is an "upscale thrift shop". All clothes were 5 for $5.00. Got some stuff from Old Navy brand new with the tags on them that I will sell on Ebay. There was a line to get in but everyone was polite. Somebody could do very well going around these lines with a coffee/espresso cart! Some big dollars to be had!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Somebody could do very well going around these lines with a coffee/espresso cart! Some big dollars to be had!
    There were a bunch of food trucks in the parking lot of our mall during the madness. Tacos, grilled meat and dessert with lots of music playing like it was a big party.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I actually shopped this year for the first time in maybe 18 or so years.
    Dyson vacumns were on sale in lots of stores - same 25% off (I have been eyeing them for so long). I don't have a pet and the model I wanted is a yellow/orange one that I think is ugly (the ones for pet hair are purple, but cost more). Target had an exclusive Red one, instead of ugly color, same discount, so I went when it opened at midnight. Line was long, waited maybe 15 minutes to get in. Local police were allowing people in groups, as mentioned in earlier threads. The police and Target employees were great. Once in the store, it was crazy. Lots of large TVs were in carts and people were pushing the carts, yakking on cell phones and not paying attention and bumping into people.
    Since I was there, I bought a few toiletries I needed, which are on the other side of the store from all the electronics, and the checkout line was not long. I got there about midnight and left about 1pm.
    A friend was with me to keep me company and she wanted to go across to the mall to go to Macy's. It was crowded, but ok.
    Then I got up @ 430 to go to ACMoore (craft store) for 5 am to get a Cricut (diecut machine) that costs $300 but was on sale for $168, which is the cheapest I have ever seen. I arrived about 505 and got the machine, and they were out of them by the time I walked out of the store.
    I am glad I went, saved money on 2 items that I was planning to buy anyway (approx $250). But glad I don't normally have to go shopping then.
    Just the mood of everyone felt strange, not happy holiday, but rushed.
    I actually live near the mall, and change my driving pattern from Thanksgiving til New Years to avoid certain roads closer to the mall.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I did some online shopping, but not until 4:00 pm. I got some fleece-lined jeans for my toddler (have to get them every year) and they were 50% off, and a cart thing from another baby store that I needed.

i would never step into a big store or mall on Black Friday.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Youngest daughter and I did local shopping at about 5 boutiques, Banana and JCrew, we did not go to the mall. Got parking right away everywhere we went, stayed out about 5 hours. 40% off at most stores, Banana included. Her Xmas is done, she's happy.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Forgot to post this earlier but at my Macy's earlier today but when I was on my break, one of the managers was in there too and said we had all ready done $450,000+ in sales.....in three hours. That was our midnight to three am time period. I about fell out of my chair. That's a lot of sales in a short amount of time!

I am freaking exhausted and desperately need some sleep. I've been awake pretty much non stop, save for a few hours of napping this morning, since 8:30 AM Thursday morning.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I don't know if every baseball tea did this, but if you bought SF Giants tickets today, they were 20% off. To get the two games I wanted, I was online (in the virtual waiting room) and on the phone for a total of 90 minutes. So there were lines even if you weren't in a store.

Note to tickets.com: upgrade your damn servers.

vCash
    Meh. Purchased 4 art/drawing technique books on Amazon.

Bought two pairs of Editor pants from Express...at 11 am. 40 percent off

I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving...I know the demand is there but I feel bad for the employees who have to work that day.
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    I didn't get out of the house until @ 1pm today and still got what I wanted at Target! Woohoo!

vCash
    Black Friday here started on Thursday at 10pm. I did it one year and swore I'd never do it again, but my son wanted the "experience" so out we went. Long lines, but not as bad as I've seen in other years. Walmart was rather tame, but the police were there investigating an incident of some dispute between customers in line and the manager.

Took a few hours, but we hit everything. Was hoping for iPads to go on sale, but the best I found were $45 off, or $75 gift cards with the 3G. Not really that great considering the price.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Dyson vacumns were on sale in lots of stores - same 25% off (I have been eyeing them for so long). I don't have a pet and the model I wanted is a yellow/orange one that I think is ugly (the ones for pet hair are purple, but cost more).
    I didn't like the yellow one, either. I bought the Animal (purple) one when Dyson had major discounts on their website 6 or so months ago (including free shipping). It was still more expensive than the yellow one but I decided that the "pet" brush (good for couches, too) was worth the difference. If I wanted to buy it separately it would have cost a lot more. I love my Dyson.

vCash
    I love shopping, but I will not go near a mall (or any store, other than grocery) on Black Friday or on any week end between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can't stand crowded places. I use my store points/private sale coupons/shop friends and family sales, and do just as well as the "one day only, highly publicized sales". Many of the gifts for my kids/nieces are J. Crew. I wait for their best on line % off and free shipping, then buy in one fell swoop. Because I have J. Crew card, I get early notice of sales. Also, many of the stores I shop in will allow you to return it and get a better discount, if the item goes on deeper sale within 10 days of original purchase.

My husband and I are planning on seeing a movie tonight, the nicest one is part of a mall complex, but not actually in the mall. I'm a bit worried that parking will be a nightmare!

vCash
    I never go shopping on Black Friday. I hate crowds! This year I'm broke so all the more reason to avoid the store.

I did take advantage of one deal. My feed store had $2 off the grain my one horse eats. I had a $10 off coupon for that grain as well. The $18.99 bag of grain cost me $7ish with tax. To me, that was the deal of the weekend. I have more coupons and the sale lasts till Sunday. I might just go back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I never go shopping on Black Friday. I hate crowds! This year I'm broke so all the more reason to avoid the store.

I did take advantage of one deal. My feed store had $2 off the grain my one horse eats. I had a $10 off coupon for that grain as well. The $18.99 bag of grain cost me $7ish with tax. To me, that was the deal of the weekend. I have more coupons and the sale lasts till Sunday. I might just go back.
    You should. Just make sure you store it so that you don't get bugs. You probably know this, but grains can get wheat moths. And once you get them, they are really hard to get rid of. they lay eggs and the larvae get all over. I got them in my pantry once, must have come in in some box of cereal or pasta. I had to throw everything out, except for canned/bottled goods. They even got into sealed packages of dried soup mix!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast