Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tracylynn View Post
    He has seen a body pic of me and he doesn't mind. Today I realized something..he calls me hun a lot.
    Wheeee!

I should have read further before I posted - you already knew, I'm so glad!

vCash
    Today I realized something..he calls me hun a lot.
    That's great.
    May good things continue to happen for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    I had to laugh at this because I bet your legs aren't as short as you think they are. I have a friend who also bemoans her short legs - she actually refuses to wear anything short because she hates the way her legs look that much. Even my mom commented on it because she saw us together when it was close to 100F out...and my friend was in full length jeans. She's always said how she wished she had my legs because they're long.
    Sadly, I'm pretty sure my legs are short and not my imagination. Well, first off, I am REALLY short, only 4'11" so they will always be short but I want them to be longer and lean in comparison to my body. I can tell when I sit down and I'm the same height as normal people or taller when I sit down next to someone as short as me. Then I know my torso is long and my legs are short. My inseam measurement is only 26".

A bit off topic, but I just saw Breaking Dawn and just a bit of a warning - seeing Kristen Stewart is enough to give anyone body issues. I spent most of the time hating her because she's so thin and has really long legs. Other than that, I quite enjoyed the movie.
    Last edited by Guinevere; 11-20-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    Sadly, I'm pretty sure my legs are short and not my imagination. Well, first off, I am REALLY short, only 4'11" so they will always be short but I want them to be longer and lean in comparison to my body. I can tell when I sit down and I'm the same height as normal people or taller when I sit down next to someone as short as me. Then I know my torso is long and my legs are short. My inseam measurement is only 26".

A bit off topic, but I just saw Breaking Dawn and just a bit of a warning - seeing Kristen Stewart is enough to give anyone body issues. I spent most of the time hating her because she's so thin and has really long legs. Other than that, I quite enjoyed the movie.
    I'm nearly 6 inches taller than you and my legs are only 3 inches longer, so we can assume that the difference is made up equally between legs and torso. Your legs are not short compared to the rest of your body.

LOL I was just looking up the chat with my friend (to look up my inseam because I didn't remember) and she admitted she hated the backs of her knees. I was like, "WTF do you look at the backs of your knees?!?!?" Sometimes even smart women will have the weirdest concerns...

I just remembered that I'm a little taller than my friend too, so her legs are actually longer in proportion to her body than mine. And she still insists her legs are stumpy and short.

Yeah, there was a promo pic of Rooney Mara for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and for being the nerdy girlfriend in The Social Network, she has a gorgeous body. (And a tiny waist! ) I think Hollywood in particular is very self-selecting of these kinds of young actresses, though. It's a bad idea in general to be comparing yourself to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post

Are we twins?! Same height, same inseam. I get my jeans at Delias. They make my life.

I wish I could have long, lean legs but I won't. Ah, well. I inherited my mom's stocky straight up and down build. Sad, because all the women on my dad's side, though they are short, have long, lovely legs. Boo.

vCash
    Well, let's just put it this way. I was Snooki for Halloween. Very, very convincingly. All I needed to do was put my hair up like hers and wear a shirt as a dress. My body took care of the rest!!!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I googled this issue and supposedly the ideal proportions for a man is to have his body be 8 head lengths tall. It's not clear if this works for women (different articles said different things).

But this article does show what is considered normal proportions when drawing and show how that works out with real people too.

http://realcolorwheel.com/human.htm

As for me, my torso is shorter than average and this is very clear whenever I try on clothes. Therefore, I've always assumed my legs were longer than average because you have to make it up somewhere and my head is kind of small too.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I googled this issue and supposedly the ideal proportions for a man is to have his body be 8 head lengths tall. It's not clear if this works for women (different articles said different things).

But this article does show what is considered normal proportions when drawing and show how that works out with real people too.

http://realcolorwheel.com/human.htm

As for me, my torso is shorter than average and this is very clear whenever I try on clothes. Therefore, I've always assumed my legs were longer than average because you have to make it up somewhere and my head is kind of small too.
    Yeah 8 heads is a general rule when drawing anatomically-correct human figures. A few inches give and take really doesn't show in a drawing. It isn't like someone's gonna be an entire "head" longer in the legs than someone else...we're talking about mere inches. Actually, the mistake that most beginning artists make is not making the head big enough!

And again, visual perception. My legs look long when they're not very long at all. Plus photographs can be very deceiving depending on the pose of the model and the photographer's lens. And there's also always Photoshop.

vCash
    Tracylynn, I'm happy you seem to have found someone good in your life, that's terrific.

I just want to comment on something you said in your original post: that you have always had low self-esteem and "always will."

Who says? You can't change the past, but the future is certainly there for the changing! If you've decided that you will always have low self-esteem, then you will. No time like the present to realize that you can work on changing that. Sounds to me like you deserve to have a healthy self-esteem. Best of luck to you!

vCash
    That's wonderful news, tracylynn! I'm happy for you

It's frustrating to have a body issue that you can't do anything about. I get that. I've had a spinal curvature my whole life and it's just plain ugly. There's nothing I can do to change it. I just have to focus on being who I am and hoping that's enough.

O-

vCash
    Thank you all for the encouragement. I really don't think I could have done it without everyone's words of advice. I do think my self-esteem is improving and I do contribute some of that to Christopher (that's his name). I am now trying to save money to go to Boston to visit him. It's hard for him to visit me due to him being in school and doing monthly duties for the Army. The hotel will not cost me much because I work for a hotel where a room will only cost me $25. It's the gas and making sure my car can make it that is holding me back. I think I will have to wait until income tax time to go but I will let you all know how it goes when I do go.

vCash
    That's awesome!!

vCash
    Tracylynn, you were very brave to ask FSU, it surely was not easy! It is a good example for everyone: if we think that there is something wrong in us and don´t dare to wish good things because or it, we never get it.

I am also very happy for you and Christopher!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234