Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Chris Hemsworth aka Thor is lovely.

vCash
    Bradley Cooper looks too much like my brother. Not saying I don't have a handsome brother, but it's just like, no.

Michael Vartan, OTOH, yes!

O-

vCash
    I support this decision by People.

vCash
    I just realized that they didn't include Michael Fassbender at all, which is crazy. Insanely hot, and he's in the middle of a really big year (summer super-hero movie, the Jane Eyre movie, the new Cronenberg with Viggo and Keira Knightly, and supposedly a legitimate Oscar contender for Shame.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    I just realized that they didn't include Michael Fassbender at all, which is crazy. Insanely hot, and he's in the middle of a really big year (summer super-hero movie, the Jane Eyre movie, the new Cronenberg with Viggo and Keira Knightly, and supposedly a legitimate Oscar contender for Shame.)
    People listed online aren't always in the magazine, and people in the magazine aren't always online. I'm sometimes a bit confused too - like last year they didn't include Alexander Skarsgard (though he was there the year before, and is back this year - online at least), and he was starting to become more well known at that point.

vCash
    As a fellow Canuck I love the idea of Ryan Gosling but...

http://www.mtv.com/photos/chris-evan...38/photo.jhtml

Lawd Have Mercy...
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    It's about time that Whoopi Goldberg won Sexiest Man Alive.

Another predictable and (for the most part) zzzzzz list from People.

I've always been a bit meh about Bradley Cooper (I always thought he looked a bit like a rodent) but for me he is preferable to Ryan Gosling. I find Ryan to be one of those men who are attractive in a generic sort of way along with Ryan Reynolds and Ben Afleck. Nothing head turning.

ITA with Idris Elba and Jason Momoa. Also, if People is going to keep recycling the same list of usual suspects they should reuse Hugh Jackman. Both Tim Daly and Shemar Moore are still pretty sexy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Bradley Cooper. Yay! Love him. Issue on newsstands this Friday. Can't wait!!!

http://m.people.com/specialitem.rbml...1&pfd=20544431
    I gotta admit that I don't even know who he is.

vCash
    Ugh the nose! The huge nose!

He's hideous.

I'm also surprised that Fassbender wasn't included.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Brandon does not do it for me.

Where are the actors like Henry Cavill(Former The Tudors actor who is in the movie Immortals and the New Superman). The man is sublime. Henry Cavill in the Tudors

No Jason Momoa(Drago from Game of Thrones) or Chris Hemsworth(Thor) and Manu Bennett(Crixus character from the Starz series Spartacus). Jason and Manu are SEX ON A STICK.

Jason Momoa pic 1
    Jason Momoa pic 2

Manu Bennett
    I'd totally have picked Momoa...what a creamy-lookin' fella!!!
    I'm gettin' old and crotchety, so I don't get the big deal about Cooper.

vCash
    Word. He and Richard Armitage wuzrobbed.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    Richard Armitage! I watch the last scene of North & South every time I need a dose of the warm fuzzies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    People listed online aren't always in the magazine, and people in the magazine aren't always online. I'm sometimes a bit confused too - like last year they didn't include Alexander Skarsgard (though he was there the year before, and is back this year - online at least), and he was starting to become more well known at that point.
    Had to add - My pick, Alex Skarsgard was listed as their age 35 (in sexy at any age) online, but not in the magazine (Sam Worthington is in the magazine instead).

Personally, I think it's getting to the point where an online poll should be done to determine the pick (Twilight actors should be excluded). Though I guess that wouldn't work, if a celeb decides to turn down the title, a la Leo, but at least there'd be less reader 'uproar'.

I have to say though, I wouldn't have picked Bradley Cooper, but I do have to feel bad for the guy with all the negativity that's coming because of him being chosen.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    I gotta admit that I don't even know who he is.
    Welcome to Earth. Let me know when you want me to take you to our leader.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    LOL @ Peter I remember seeing Cooper in The Hangover and thinking he is too good looking for the role as one in a group of average joes.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    LOL @ Peter I remember seeing Cooper in The Hangover and thinking he is too good looking for the role as one in a group of average joes.
    I remember being completely shocked that the hot guy from The Hangover was the same guy that was in Wedding Crashers. Didn't even look like the same person. What a difference slightly longer hair made on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post
    When was the last time they had a non-white SMA?
    Johnny Depp has been SMA more than once and he's part Native American which makes him technically not entirely white. I think he's nice looking,don't really look at him as "hot" because he looks too much like some members of my family(mixed Native and White),so it'd feel kinda weird.lol But I do think that man is a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Chris Hemsworth aka Thor is lovely.
    Yes he is

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

I'm also surprised that Fassbender wasn't included.
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post
    Word. He and Richard Armitage wuzrobbed.

I am quite surprised Michael Fassbender isn't on the list either.That man is so,so goodlooking.I'd seen him in 300,then I saw him in Jane Eyre this year...something so..there's just something about him that is sexy.I bought X-men First Class mostly because I love Xmen but also because it has Michael Fassbender in it. And I've heard his performance in Shame is really excellent.

I am very surprised Gerard Butler only got a nod.My gosh that man is one of the most eligible bachelors on Hollywood and thus far loved by women and hated by men.And he has had a really great movie come out this year although it's only getting limited showings in the US,it's already getting Oscar buzz. ( Machine Gun Preacher)

I'm also a fan of Benjamin Bratt's looks.

I am not a fan of Bradley Cooper's looks...Ryan Gosling is alright.

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    I prefer Cillian Murphy. Eric Bana would've been nice.

vCash
    I think Fassbender is a very good actor, but I always thought he was too skinny to be "it" material. That said, he's been in 999 big movies in the past year and quite a few people here think he's attractive, so you'd think he could have gotten more attention at the very least.

vCash
    According to Lainey Gossip, Bradley was not the first choice this year. She never went on to explain who they wanted this year, but I've been trying to think of people who have had big box offices/success recently who might have turned it down:

- Christian Bale (not American though, so likely not him as they've never done 2 non-Americans in a row)
    - Robert Pattinson (I could see him not wanting it, but I doubt his 'people' would let him turn it down)
    - Leonardo DiCaprio (has turned it down apparently in the past)
    - Joseph Gordon Levitt has had 2 big years but I don't think he's 'name' enough for it
    - Mark Wahlberg?
    - Robert Downey Jr (though I couldn't see him turning it down, because with his sense of humor he'd have a field day with it)
    - Daniel Radcliffe (The #1 movie of the year so far is Harry Potter - I could see him turning it down, but I think he's too young to be considered)
    -Shia LaBeouf (Transformers is the #2 movie of the year, but I think he's considered a bit too 'douchey' to be considered)
    - Vin Diesel. Stay with me. An online poll thing earlier this year had him picked as the sexiest, and Fast Five is the 5th highest grossing movie of the year so far. I personally don't find him attractive, and I also doubt he'd have turned it down - his career has been in the crapper lately.
    - James Franco - Oscar nomination, 9th highest grossing movie (Planet of the Apes), and he could have turned it down because he only wants to really be seen as a 'serious actor'

To be fair to Bradley, Hangover 2 is the 3rd highest grossing movie of the year so far, and box office plays a big role in picking the SMA - they want someone that people might recognize.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast