Chris Hemsworth aka Thor is lovely.
Chris Hemsworth aka Thor is lovely.
Bradley Cooper looks too much like my brother. Not saying I don't have a handsome brother, but it's just like, no.
Michael Vartan, OTOH, yes!
I support this decision by People.
I just realized that they didn't include Michael Fassbender at all, which is crazy. Insanely hot, and he's in the middle of a really big year (summer super-hero movie, the Jane Eyre movie, the new Cronenberg with Viggo and Keira Knightly, and supposedly a legitimate Oscar contender for Shame.)
As a fellow Canuck I love the idea of Ryan Gosling but...
Lawd Have Mercy...
Another predictable and (for the most part) zzzzzz list from People.
I've always been a bit meh about Bradley Cooper (I always thought he looked a bit like a rodent) but for me he is preferable to Ryan Gosling. I find Ryan to be one of those men who are attractive in a generic sort of way along with Ryan Reynolds and Ben Afleck. Nothing head turning.
ITA with Idris Elba and Jason Momoa. Also, if People is going to keep recycling the same list of usual suspects they should reuse Hugh Jackman. Both Tim Daly and Shemar Moore are still pretty sexy.
Ugh the nose! The huge nose!
I'm also surprised that Fassbender wasn't included.
Richard Armitage! I watch the last scene of North & South every time I need a dose of the warm fuzzies
Personally, I think it's getting to the point where an online poll should be done to determine the pick (Twilight actors should be excluded). Though I guess that wouldn't work, if a celeb decides to turn down the title, a la Leo, but at least there'd be less reader 'uproar'.
I have to say though, I wouldn't have picked Bradley Cooper, but I do have to feel bad for the guy with all the negativity that's coming because of him being chosen.
LOL @ Peter I remember seeing Cooper in The Hangover and thinking he is too good looking for the role as one in a group of average joes.
“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare
I am quite surprised Michael Fassbender isn't on the list either.That man is so,so goodlooking.I'd seen him in 300,then I saw him in Jane Eyre this year...something so..there's just something about him that is sexy.I bought X-men First Class mostly because I love Xmen but also because it has Michael Fassbender in it. And I've heard his performance in Shame is really excellent.
I am very surprised Gerard Butler only got a nod.My gosh that man is one of the most eligible bachelors on Hollywood and thus far loved by women and hated by men.And he has had a really great movie come out this year although it's only getting limited showings in the US,it's already getting Oscar buzz. ( Machine Gun Preacher)
I'm also a fan of Benjamin Bratt's looks.
I am not a fan of Bradley Cooper's looks...Ryan Gosling is alright.
I prefer Cillian Murphy. Eric Bana would've been nice.
I think Fassbender is a very good actor, but I always thought he was too skinny to be "it" material. That said, he's been in 999 big movies in the past year and quite a few people here think he's attractive, so you'd think he could have gotten more attention at the very least.
According to Lainey Gossip, Bradley was not the first choice this year. She never went on to explain who they wanted this year, but I've been trying to think of people who have had big box offices/success recently who might have turned it down:
- Christian Bale (not American though, so likely not him as they've never done 2 non-Americans in a row)
- Robert Pattinson (I could see him not wanting it, but I doubt his 'people' would let him turn it down)
- Leonardo DiCaprio (has turned it down apparently in the past)
- Joseph Gordon Levitt has had 2 big years but I don't think he's 'name' enough for it
- Mark Wahlberg?
- Robert Downey Jr (though I couldn't see him turning it down, because with his sense of humor he'd have a field day with it)
- Daniel Radcliffe (The #1 movie of the year so far is Harry Potter - I could see him turning it down, but I think he's too young to be considered)
-Shia LaBeouf (Transformers is the #2 movie of the year, but I think he's considered a bit too 'douchey' to be considered)
- Vin Diesel. Stay with me. An online poll thing earlier this year had him picked as the sexiest, and Fast Five is the 5th highest grossing movie of the year so far. I personally don't find him attractive, and I also doubt he'd have turned it down - his career has been in the crapper lately.
- James Franco - Oscar nomination, 9th highest grossing movie (Planet of the Apes), and he could have turned it down because he only wants to really be seen as a 'serious actor'
To be fair to Bradley, Hangover 2 is the 3rd highest grossing movie of the year so far, and box office plays a big role in picking the SMA - they want someone that people might recognize.