Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Pretty dress for Sinead
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Pretty partner for Sinead.

Someday, I'd like to have the money to just fly off and see the actual event, not just watch it chopped up for TV.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Lady Gaga an "old classic." Only Johnny.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Pretty partner for Sinead.

Someday, I'd like to have the money to just fly off and see the actual event, not just watch it chopped up for TV.
    Damn Sinead. She has all the luck.

vCash
    Retirement of Poker Face?

vCash
    OMG. WHEN is Sasha skating? The penguins are getting restless. They've started chanting. Mayhem can't be far behind.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Retirement of Poker Face?
    Yeah, and I hear the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale, too.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    New outfit for JWe. He never disappoints.

vCash
    Looks like Spider-Man fell into a vat of glitter.

There was another Paul routine they could've used, and we got THAT instead. Sorry, but it makes me want to retch.

vCash
    Well, glory be, we got to see ALMOST all of Sasha's routine! Cameraman must have had a crush.

vCash
    Really a shame that this broadcast was only one hour - I really enjoyed the skating AND the music.

vCash
    Was Cohen's performance ever shown? My DVR cut off just after Weir, sounds like they kept promoting her, etc. (The NFL post-game show ran over, too)

vCash
    Noticed Johnny has red sole "louboutin" skates now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Was Cohen's performance ever shown? My DVR cut off just after Weir, sounds like they kept promoting her, etc. (The NFL post-game show ran over, too)
    It was shown, but after most DVRs cut off. Everything ran over because of that stupid postgame show.

vCash

Bonus footage

Here is a link to some of the performances http://www.kaleidoscope.org/show.html

I started watching Elvis but I'm having a problem with buffering so I'm going to switch to a faster computer and see if that helps. Maybe they will have Sasha's program and anyone else that was missed. I hope, anyway. I enjoyed what was on TV but that football postgame show really messed things up!

vCash
    Thanks for that. Paul's second performance was even better than his first. How I wish they'd shown them both!

Quadless
    vCash
    I'm so glad I tuned in to watch this live about half way through the show so I could adjust my TiVo to extend the recording. I would have been really upset to miss Sasha.

Gotta say - loved every performance, and was especially surprised by how well Nancy did and looked. This was a really great show, including Patti LaBelle who could school the current crop of warblers. She's still got some pipes.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    I'm so glad I tuned in to watch this live about half way through the show so I could adjust my TiVo to extend the recording. I would have been really upset to miss Sasha.
    It's not that big of a deal to me, likely it's a performance I've seen before. Looks like I'll be seeing her live next weekend anyway.

I should have adjusted the recording though, don't know why I didn't

vCash
    Sasha skated to a new program "I'll be home for Christmas" by Jordin Sparks. They actually did a split screen type of move when Sasha was spinning and Jordin was singing, which was a pleasant surprise, and then I remembered it was FOX and not NBC! haha!

And then Sasha went into her classic spiral and they went to Jordin during the whole move!! I used to get so upset about that, but I think I'm used to it now, which is sad.

vCash
    Sorry my photos are so late this time around, but I was on vacation last week and it's remarkably hard to get photos done when on vacation.

Show and reception photos
    Dress rehearsal photos

Dress rehearsal started late and ran long so they skipped Elvis and Joannie's second numbers to go to the finale. Also, the girls (and Johnny) mostly didn't have their makeup on (except Nancy), so I took less photos of them. Still some good stuff there, though.

Hope you enjoy!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast