vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemiddle View Post
    Is Hope gone?
    Yes, all Hope is lost.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    hope's sob story is at least worthy on face value
    I'm just catching up, and yeah, that is a serious Lifetime movie.

ETA: Her comments after her AT suggest that she inherited some of her father's mental illness. Talk about delusions of persecution.

vCash
    Random note here, but did anyone see Shawn Johnson tonight? She was there at the show and I didn't watch, but I wanted to know if she got a camera pan or something.

vCash
    Of the 3 finalists, I find Rob to be the most precise with his arm movements and very sharp. Ricki the most 'smooth' and JR the best performer. This is the first season in a while where I'd be okay with any one of the three finalists winning. I kinda called it from about week 4, who the finalists 'should' be, and I was right!

Say what you will about Rob, he does seem to be putting a lot into this, and he seems to be enjoying it as well - when he smiles while dancing (like in the Samba) it seems like he's genuinely enjoying himself, which I find endearing. I also think his Samba was better than Ricki's who seemed to be focusing too much on her shoulders last night (though the improvement in her posture was amazing!)

In the Derek/Anna dance tonight, it really showed that Derek is by far the strongest pro on the show - it looked like he was dancing circles around Anna (who I adore) out there, making her seem like the 'star' to his 'pro'. The guy may be slightly annoying, but he is an absolutely fantastic dancer and choreographer.

JR - RICE your ankle so you can come out full throttle next week, Ricki - don't stress and just enjoy it! and Rob - just keep having fun and showing your dedication. It's going to be an interesting finale!

vCash
    So much recycling of music this season. JR/Karina using the same song for their AT as Evan/Anna.

vCash
    So the one with a combination of Nancy Kerrigan's looks and Tonya Harding's upbringing is gone.

"Why, why, why?!"
    Last edited by deltask8er; 11-16-2011 at 04:42 AM.

vCash
    Hope was pretty classy in her exit--NOT! Glad she's gone.
    J.R. FTW next week, please!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I never thought that I would enjoy Nancy Grace more than Hope.

vCash
    OK, JR miraculous recovery garners big scores and his lead is sealed with votes from folks who don't understand that he was never "in jeopardy." If there's a god, Ricki finishes 3rd.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I wonder if Donny Osmond's comments about Rob winning (on GMA) may inspire the Kardashian fanbase to vote more.

I wonder if Hope/Maks declined the "morning after" GMA appearance?
    I want JR to dance really well in the finale, and win
    He was/is the wonderful "surprise" of a disappointing season, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    OK, JR miraculous recovery garners big scores and his lead is sealed with votes from folks who don't understand that he was never "in jeopardy." If there's a god, Ricki finishes 3rd.
    No way - Tracy Turnblad for the win !!!!!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I want JR to dance really well in the finale, and win
    He was/is the wonderful "surprise" of a disappointing season, IMO.
    Agreed. The fact that KRob is in the finals and actually deserves to be there is evidence of how bad this season has been.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I would love to see a Rob/JR final two. (Not JUST for the look on Derek's face.) The novelty factor of two men being the finals would be great.

Rob apparently got all the 'normal' genes in his family or something. He seems to be sincerely trying and enjoying himself. JR's got the best combination of technique and entertainment value. Ricki makes me wonder if Derek coaches his partners on what to say to try and sound either pity-worthy or unconvincingly self-effacing.

vCash
    JR for the win but Rob has greatly improved.

vCash
    most of the polls I have seen show JR way in the lead (before the injury). Here's hoping that it continues! He is such a natural talent, I wonder what he would have been like if his mama had put him on skates when he was little! Better yet, put him on "Skating With the Stars" - I'm sure he'd do great!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Rob can't win he has a big Kardashian butt!

JR for the win, but I will warn you ... I am always wrong about who wins this thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I would love to see a Rob/JR final two. (Not JUST for the look on Derek's face.) The novelty factor of two men being the finals would be great.

Rob apparently got all the 'normal' genes in his family or something. He seems to be sincerely trying and enjoying himself. JR's got the best combination of technique and entertainment value. Ricki makes me wonder if Derek coaches his partners on what to say to try and sound either pity-worthy or unconvincingly self-effacing.
    Agree here, partially because I'm also getting sick of Ricki and her "humility". Case in point: "It's a MIRACLE I'm still on DWTS!!!"
    Yeah, right honey, you've either been in the lead or near it from the start. It still comes off to me as "I know JR is a war hero, but don't forget about MEEEEEE!!!!" http://www.people.com/people/article...545886,00.html

I could personally do without most of the Kardashian clan, but Rob has worked hard, been pretty low key, and he earned his spot. I think it would be fun to have a JR/Rob final.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Rob is not the greatest dancer I've ever seen on the show (not even in the top five) but he seems to try hard and he seems like a generally nice guy. I have never seen the Kardashians' show so I don't know what he's like there, but he seems normal compared to the rest of them.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast