Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    i think Miki would have won this thing again.

cheers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    I know she doesn't get great PCS, but does anyone think that Shelepen could make the top 6? She is doing two 3-3s in her long program.
    If Leonova can come in 4th, I definitely think Shelepen could make top 6. I personally think there's a chance she could pull a Gatchinski and wind up on the podium considering how wide open the medals are this season and that the favorites all have histories of being inconsistent...

vCash
    I don't want to jinx any of the ladies, particularly my faves, but here is my prediction (more like my wish)

1.Mao
    2.Carolina
    3.Akiko
    4.Alissa
    5.Haruka
    6.Leonova

(I am assuming that Miki will not compete, otherwise she would have been on the podium)

vCash
    Miki would have been no lock for the podium, merely a contender for it. I expect several women to go over 200 points by Worlds, which Miki in her life has never done in competition. Miki is the flukiest and worst 2 time World winner ever, she just lucked into peaking in one of the worst years ever for ladies skating (2011) and another where the favorites all had untimely fluke like errors at the big event (2007).

I doubt Miki will even bother coming back either. The Russians will be age eligible for Worlds next year, Yu Na might be back, Mao should be fully back by then, and a couple of skaters should have gained confidence and momentum from their World medals this year. She seems like a smart women and surely knows going out with a fortunate 2nd World title is the perfect note to end things on.

vCash
    My wish:
    1. Mao
    2. Alissa
    3. Carolina

My forecast:
    1. Elizaveta
    2. Carolina
    3. Adelina

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    My wish:
    1. Mao
    2. Alissa
    3. Carolina

My forecast:
    1. Elizaveta
    2. Carolina
    3. Adelina
    For 2012 Worlds? Elizaveta won't be age-eligible until 2013.

ETA: Actually, I just checked her birthdate-and it appears Adelina Sotnikova won't be age eligible either-she doesn't turn 16 until July of next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post

ETA: Actually, I just checked her birthdate-and it appears Adelina Sotnikova won't be age eligible either-she doesn't turn 16 until July of next year.
    That's right.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    1. Flatt
    2. Asada
    3. Suzuki
    Don't be mean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Miki would have been no lock for the podium, merely a contender for it. I expect several women to go over 200 points by Worlds, which Miki in her life has never done in competition. Miki is the flukiest and worst 2 time World winner ever, she just lucked into peaking in one of the worst years ever for ladies skating (2011) and another where the favorites all had untimely fluke like errors at the big event (2007).

I doubt Miki will even bother coming back either. The Russians will be age eligible for Worlds next year, Yu Na might be back, Mao should be fully back by then, and a couple of skaters should have gained confidence and momentum from their World medals this year. She seems like a smart women and surely knows going out with a fortunate 2nd World title is the perfect note to end things on.
    2011, Four continents

I'm not sure we'll see the 200 point barrier broken as readily as you do.

vCash
    I think the main challengers for the gold/podium will be:

Mao Asada (gold)
    Akiko Suzuki (gold)
    Carolina Kostner (gold)
    Alissa Czisny (podium)
    Mirai Nagasu (podium)
    Kanako Murakami (podium)
    Alena Leonova (podium)
    Viktoria Helgesson (podium)

This is assuming the three Japanese skaters will be Mao, Akiko, and Kanako, and the two US skaters will be Alissa and Mirai, but Ashley could shake that up. I think it's more than likely Leonova, Helgesson and Kostner will not have their spots 'stolen' by another countryman.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone important, though. Imai crossed my mind but I don't think she's really podium material yet, and so did Phaneuf, but with the way she's been skating this season I don't think she is podium material either. OH - I know who it is, Korpi, but I think she's probably a long shot for a medal. Gedevanishvili too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post

Hi, thank you for pointing out.
    OK, my forecast now is:
    1. Carolina
    2. Mao
    3. Akiko

!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I think the main challengers for the gold/podium will be:

Mao Asada (gold)
    Akiko Suzuki (gold)
    Carolina Kostner (gold)
    Alissa Czisny (podium)
    Mirai Nagasu (podium)
    Kanako Murakami (podium)
    Alena Leonova (podium)
    Viktoria Helgesson (podium)

This is assuming the three Japanese skaters will be Mao, Akiko, and Kanako, and the two US skaters will be Alissa and Mirai, but Ashley could shake that up. I think it's more than likely Leonova, Helgesson and Kostner will not have their spots 'stolen' by another countryman.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone important, though. Imai crossed my mind but I don't think she's really podium material yet, and so did Phaneuf, but with the way she's been skating this season I don't think she is podium material either. OH - I know who it is, Korpi, but I think she's probably a long shot for a medal. Gedevanishvili too.
    I think Czisny is more a contender for gold this year than Murakami or Helgesson are for the podium. Murakami and Helgesson have done nothing that indicates they are podium threats this year.

vCash
    personally i think it can be
    mao asada
    alissa czisny
    carolina kostner

akiko suzuki
    the russian ladies depending on who they send.

miki ando if she goes
    kanako if miki doesn't go.

not mirai why-she only fights for it when she wants to.
    like in cc she attack in short,but she didn't attack in the long program

vCash
    My hope:

1. Carolina Kostner (land a 3f-3t, which she's been working on, in both programs! Maybe get the lutz back enough to land it once in the LP?)
    2. Alissa Czisny (with a clean program and at least six triples)
    3. Akiko Suzuki (with a clean program)

Realistically, I'd like any one of the three of them to win it. I'd love for them all to skate their best in both programs. I want Carolina to win so she can feel like she can retire, if she's ready. I've loved her speed, footwork, unique music selections, and choreography for a long time.

My prediction... ehrm... let's think positively!

vCash
    Hopefully it will be:
    Mao Asada
    Carolina Kostner
    Akiko Suzuki

I think there's a chance that these three women will medal as well. Obviously, Csizny has a great shot as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Yes, fair enough, that Carolina has made some improvements too. I still don't like her leaving out jumps. No question, going to Frank helped Carolina. She now seems happier back with her former coach and in a setting she's more comfortable with, plus having applied what she learned from Frank Carroll and Christa Fassi. I read that Carolina didn't like living in the U.S.
    Dude, she's been INJURED!!! Do you expect her to totally obliterate her knee just so she can say she attempted the lutz and flip???

vCash
    I expect Carolina will win it -- and oddly, this is the first season I'd be happy with her winning it. (I'm sure she'd be thrilled to hear it, right? ) I like her much better this season than ever before.

I'd like to see Akiko and Alissa take the other two podium spots, but Mao may have something to say about that. (Ideally, I'd LOVE to see Ashley take one, but I don't think she's there just yet.)
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Whoever has the biggest skating, hopefully also with the 3/3 will win.

1. Carolina.

2 and 3. Alissa and Mao or Mao and Alissa.

vCash
    Ashley Wagner will finish in the top 5. Kostner will choke and finish 3rd. A Japanese Skater will finish 2nd, maybe Akiko. Who knows with Alissa, either 1st or 4th or 6th or 11th. Throw a dart on that one. I luv Mao's long program this year. I hope that she skates well. Maybe Leonova will finish top 6 or 7.

1. Mao
    2. don't know (could be US skater)
    3. Akiko or
    3. Kostner
    5. Alissa or 2.
    6. Ashley
    7. Leonova
    8. Nagasu ? or European TBD
    9. Gedevanishvilli

No way Flatt will make the World team. Splatt. Splatt. (but i luv her, really. just not her year for competition.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BmcC102 View Post
    My hope:

1. Carolina Kostner (land a 3f-3t, which she's been working on, in both programs! Maybe get the lutz back enough to land it once in the LP?)
    2. Alissa Czisny (with a clean program and at least six triples)
    3. Akiko Suzuki (with a clean program)

Realistically, I'd like any one of the three of them to win it. I'd love for them all to skate their best in both programs. I want Carolina to win so she can feel like she can retire, if she's ready. I've loved her speed, footwork, unique music selections, and choreography for a long time.

My prediction... ehrm... let's think positively!
    I'd love these three on the podium too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast