Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Daisuke-san!

vCash
    I love Daisuke Takahashi. I want to see him win at worlds this year (it will be his second world title).

vCash
    Would be nice to see Dai and Mao win in Nice one year after the tragic earthquake in Japan which forced the 2011 World Championships to be canceled there.

Also it was a lovely gesture by Savchenko and Szolkowy to have their 2011 Rostelecom Trophy auctioned to benefit disaster relief in Japan.

Mao, Dai, Savchenko/ Szolkowy -- great champions who consistently demonstrate class and character.

vCash
    Cute video of the 4CC Small Medal Ceremony's Q&A with Dai, Patrick, Ross and Adam.
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Adorable!
    Dai and Adam seem to really like each other.

vCash
    Can't wait to see him at Worlds

vCash
    Not that I don't love his programs for this season, but I can't wait to see next year's programs and how they're going to top this years, which were phenomenal
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Thanks for the video, so cute!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I seriously need Dai on the top of the 2012 Worlds podium. I need it so bad!
    There are so many things to love for his skating, but for me the biggest is his willingness to try different styles and really commit to the programs. Would any of his peers (save maybe Jeremy) interpret Blues for Klook (B4K) so amazingly well?
    I don't even think Jeremy could do as well as Dai -- he is in a class by himself and I want him to win Worlds and the 2014 Olympics!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Adorable!
    Dai and Adam seem to really like each other.
    Buds from the Sticky Nicky days back in Hackensack.

I like you, Dai.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilng View Post
    I don't even think Jeremy could do as well as Dai -- he is in a class by himself and I want him to win Worlds and the 2014 Olympics!
    Here is another vote for Daisuke.I want thim to win worlds in 2012 and Olympics in 2014.

vCash
    ITA -- Dai is such a wonderful skater and person. He's also a great ambassador for the sport in the way he carries himself with such grace and charm, and sportsmanship.

Definitely, I'd love to see Dai Jeremy Adam on Worlds and Olympic podiums!!! -- Chan in 4th and Javi in 5th Oh please, skate Gods!

Well, I can dream, can't I?

ETA:
    The video clip was very cool -- love the camaraderie among these athletes. Funny and kinda sweet how Dai kept moving closer to Adam when Patrick was talking. (Thanks for reminder kwanette about their shared days of yore with Nicky ).

Patrick handled the questions well too considering the fact he has such a high margin for error in the judges' minds at least. How is it Patrick will not win in Nice? when Patrick said that this season was tougher for him and last season was smoother. In terms of his actual results, I don't see any difference. Hilarious too when Patrick said that he owes his success to watching Dai, and that his own skating style and technique are similar to Daisuke's. Uh, not really. Dai seemed quite amused at the comparison, but perhaps also somewhat flattered by Patrick's attempt to give him some props, since the judges seem to have only eyes and rewards for PC's quads and SS.

Too bad Dai's Japanese interpreter was very unclear in translating what Dai said re the first question directed to him. I preferred seeing Dai speak for himself. when Patrick helped Dai find the right word in English: "choreography." Now, wouldn't it be something if Patrick could learn to rock choreography the way Dai can do so naturally, so superbly.

Adam and Ross are so exceedingly cute and uber-talented. So happy for their success this season. Another laugh riot when Patrick handed the microphone to Ross to respond to the Worlds preparation question, and Ross deadpanned the obvious ... "I'm not going to Worlds." Really funny too when Patrick said he would answer the high altitude effects question for everyone. He answered it quite well too. "You feel dead, but you're still alive." Hope Dai can rise, summon magic, perfection, mesmerize judges' panel, whatever it might take to overtake PC for gold in Nice.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 02-20-2012 at 07:31 PM.

vCash
    Dbl post --
    Last edited by aftershocks; 02-20-2012 at 07:27 PM.

vCash
    Another vote for Daisuke in Nice. His long program is one of the strongest of the season (right up there with Chan's) and his short is the best period. He's way too talented a skater to only have one world title to his credit.

vCash
    ^Ditto! His exhibition program this year is a masterpiece too. I'm hard pressed to think of another skater who can perform this quiet piece so sublimely. Dai + Miyamoto =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNSdSA22l8

vCash
    [QUOTE aftershocks]Definitely, I'd love to see Dai Jeremy Adam on Worlds and Olympic podiums!!! -- Chan in 4th and Javi in 5th Oh please, skate Gods!

Well, I can dream, can't I? [/QUOTE]

Now, that's a plan that I get behind!
    Last edited by FiveRinger; 02-21-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Congratulations for a really good (although not perfect) skate at Worlds ! Of course, that (and silver) was what I expected and hoped for (to hope for gold seemed too unreal in the given situation). But good anyway that it really did happen .

vCash
    Love watching him so so much!
    Congratulations Dai - on your skates at Worlds, your silver medal and on regaining the quad!

vCash
    So what do cats think?

My cat showed no interest in his performance, but his name is Joubert.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    So what do cats think?

My cat showed no interest in his performance, but his name is Joubert.
    My cat is called Daisuke & slept all the way through Chan's skate. But he did wake up for Carolina .
    Did not get Chan winning. He does nothing for me but I'm kinda leaning to be more like my nan. Never watch the marks & just enjoy the skating. I get way to angry

vCash
    Aussie Willy & PashaFan -- your cats are toooooooo funny. Fortunately for me, I only have dogs but once gets a bit upset when I get excited whether it's good excitement, bad excitement or nervous excitement. Poor dog, he's had it a bit rough the past few days.

My congrats to Dai on a job well done this weekend.
    Crazy about sports!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast