Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daisuke-san!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    That's one of the best skating videos I've ever seen .

vCash

Best skating clip ever!!!!
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    He is just so amazingly versatile. I didn't think he could top his SP from the Olympics, but he sure did. Really hope he continues to skate well this season.

vCash
    That's hilarious. Do they love him or hate him? Some of them seem to be trying to interfere with his skating. Maybe they prefer Chan.

I never could get my cat interested in skating. She preferred football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    That's hilarious. Do they love him or hate him? Some of them seem to be trying to interfere with his skating. Maybe they prefer Chan.

My cat never had interest in skating at all but used to try hard to catch skaters.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Daisuke Takahashi "Tik Tok"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6PcVR865lI

Daisuke Takahashi "I'm sexy, I'm cute"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UzbgMWN2PQ
    Last edited by aromadezaki; 11-15-2011 at 04:32 AM.

vCash
    Daisuke Takahashi "I'm sexy, I'm cute" vol.2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP-jbi6FIuA
    Last edited by aromadezaki; 11-15-2011 at 05:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post

My cat did watch Patrick Chan on the TV. Was quite interested.

I thought it was funny that one of those kittens tried to catch Dai every time he landed a jump.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post

But yes to everything said above- Daisuke is a great, diverse artist, a true rock-star and an amazingly strong individual. The videos from his knee rehab were so painful to watch. And here he is now! We are very lucky to have him.
    Oh, yeah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aromadezaki View Post
    Daisuke Takahashi "Tik Tok"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6PcVR865lI

Daisuke Takahashi "I'm sexy, I'm cute"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UzbgMWN2PQ

Be still my heart!

vCash
    I usually don't like cats, but can tolerate kittens.

But for some reason I think I am psychologically intuned with these fur balls in the Daisuke videos, especially the middle one who kep hobbles up and down after Daisuke ... too Kawaiii... !!

vCash
    Dai certainly makes it look fresh and new, but his fp music has been used often in figure skating, which I didn't recall.

The below program may be familiar to many, but I'd forgotten that Usova and Zhulin skated to Blues for Klook in 1992.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Txih0umNOo

If I'm not mistaken, one of U/Z moves from this program is famously one of the sketches of skaters performing their programs on FSU home page.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 11-17-2011 at 05:24 PM.

vCash
    I loved U/Z in that program! I like Daisuke's program a lot, and he gets in the mood of the music like no one else can, but that's a music for dancers, IMHO. The jumps take a bit from the music, even though Dai's jumps come from nowhere most of the time.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I just realized I have not commented on this thread yet.

Daisuke skates two of my three favorite competitive programs this year. The other is Jeromy Abbott's. Dai blew me away at NHK, and I am so pleased for him!

Whether it is his choice of music or the way he interprets it, I am simply blown away. Some of his musical choices are not ones I would have seen coming. In past years, I would watch him practice to music I despised, but when it came to the competitive performance, that music and Daisuke's interpretation somehow became "soup" and I fell in love with the music, too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    Whether it is his choice of music or the way he interprets it, I am simply blown away. Some of his musical choices are not ones I would have seen coming. In past years, I would watch him practice to music I despised, but when it came to the competitive performance, that music and Daisuke's interpretation somehow became "soup" and I fell in love with the music, too!
    That is a sign of a good skater or any performer for that matter. On SYTYCD a few years ago there was that couple who did Bleeding Love which is a song I hate. But that performance was amazing and it made the song work.

It is something also you have to look at with judging. You may hate the music but you have to give a skater credit for how they use it and whether it works.

Dai really is so in the moment with Blues for Klook. And his SP was just outstanding for musicality. Particularly in his straight line step sequence, where he stopped, moved his head and then continued. That tiny moment sucked me in totally. I have no idea why but it did.

I know one of the judges who actually judged NHK and sent her a message to say how envious I was that she got to judge his programs. She just responded that he was amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Just curious, had he land the quad with an average of +2 GOE, what will his total be?
    A fully rotated quad flip is worth 12.3 points. With the +2, he would've had 14.3

His attempt garnered him 4.6 points (5.6 points and then the fall deduction), so he would've gotten 9.7 points more for 179.02 (presuming his PCS remains unchanged, which is doubtful)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    A fully rotated quad flip is worth 12.3 points. With the +2, he would've had 14.3

His attempt garnered him 4.6 points (5.6 points and then the fall deduction), so he would've gotten 9.7 points more for 179.02 (presuming his PCS remains unchanged, which is doubtful)
    Thank you I just wonder if Patrick can be beaten, and my hope is a maxed out Daisuke with good momentum include the 4F might!!! *finger crossed*

vCash
    Daisuke just scored the 4th highest Short Program mark (after Patrick / Plushenko / Plushenko) without a quad-(the others had quads) so there really is no question that he can beat Patrick IMO.

But I adore both of them for different reasons and - as I said on another thread I am ecstatic with men's skating right now!

vCash
    【MAD】Daisuke Takahashi【Epoca】
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ai6qIY-pWY

vCash
    I definately think Dai has what it takes to beat Patrick. I would love to see a perfect Patrick and Dai up against each other because as much as I love watching both, for me Dai's musicality is greater than Patrick's. And that could give him the edge.

I have to say it is so nice to say that though because the quality of what both those guys do is outstanding.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast