Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Still nothing about the Canadian tour? I heard people in Quebec talking about already having tickets, and yet I still don't see that the venues have been announced. I assume they pre-ordered their tickets last year and are just assuming that the same venue will get the show again? I live in London and am hoping we get it again at the JLC....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Still nothing about the Canadian tour? I heard people in Quebec talking about already having tickets, and yet I still don't see that the venues have been announced. I assume they pre-ordered their tickets last year and are just assuming that the same venue will get the show again? I live in London and am hoping we get it again at the JLC....
    From SOI's Facebook page:
    Sears Stars on Ice presented by Samsung
    Due to the Worlds the last week of March, and the Team Trophy event in Japan 3 weeks later, the start of the Stars on Ice Canada Tour will be a little later than normal. With all of this in mind, the 2012 SOI Tour will go on sale soon after the 1st of the Year.
    The people in Quebec may have meant "Celebration on Ice". It tours this week in Quebec & NB:
    Dec 16 - Boisbriand, QC
    Dec 17 - Matane, QC
    Dec 18 - Bathurst, NB
    Dec 19 - Saint John, NB
    Cast is Kurt Browning, Sale & Pelletier, Joannie Rochette, Jeff Buttle, Elvis Stojko, Cynthia Phaneuf, Shawn Sawyer..
    http://www.celebrationonicetour.com/

vCash
    OT (kind of) but I stumbled on a Sasha Cohen Twitter and I was wondering if you guys knew if it was real? It seems like it. I didn't want to start a topic for it and I can't search the forum so thanks

http://twitter.com/#!/SashaCohenNYC

vCash
    Yes, that's Sasha Cohen's real Twitter account.

vCash
    Cool-Thanks

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    We know we have our CSOI tickets for this coming tour because they were charged to a credit card. I can't remember if we actually got the tickets or not yet but we usually get them around Christmastime or shortly after the new year. We always go to the Hamilton show though so we never worry about if the show is going to be there or not since that's always the taped show.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Heather - the schedule for the 2012 tour has not yet been released and tickets are not on sale yet.
    A posting on Facebook about a week ago indicated that the tour would be starting later than usual. Here's what it said:
    Due to the Worlds the last week of March, and the Team Trophy event in Japan 3 weeks later, the start of the Stars on Ice Canada Tour will be a little later than normal. With all of this in mind, the 2012 SOI Tour will go on sale soon after the 1st of the Year.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    I think the people who filled out the advance order forms last year have already been charged for their tickets (at least the ones for the Hamilton show). I hope they release the schedule soon. If they are changing up the dates because of the later start, that would bode well for me! For the last 3 years, my mom has been unable to attend the JLC show due to a conflicting commitment. Fingers crossed.

vCash
    Going to do my best to get up to Lake Placid for opening night (as long as there aren't any major snow storms) trouble is I'm not having any lucky booking a room..it's New Years Eve week-end in a Ski town...they want a 3 or 4 night minimum. We are just going to wing it...I guess if we have to we'll just drive the 3 hours back home in the same night...just glad I finally got someone to work for me Sat. morning! I'm really looking forward to seeing this years cast!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    Going to do my best to get up to Lake Placid for opening night (as long as there aren't any major snow storms) trouble is I'm not having any lucky booking a room..
    Me and my friend are going to Lake Placid on Friday for SOI. We already bought tickets. We will come back home the same night, because hotels are too expensive there! It's a 2 hour drive(4 in total). I'm glad I'm not the one who will drive!

vCash
    Have a great time, skamper & quebecoise! Safe travels!

vCash
    Keep trying on the hotel reservations! I just booked the Golden Arrow for one night (they previously had a 4-night minimum), and I'll be cancelling my 2-night Northwoods Inn reservation in the next hour.

I'm excited for the show, but I hate the date change! A Friday night before a major holiday?! Who thought that was a good idea?!

Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    I'm going as well with a couple friends of mine for the weekend. It should definitely be fun! We are staying where we stayed when we went to LP Skate America so it wasn't too bad price wise.
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waddlercu View Post
    Keep trying on the hotel reservations! I just booked the Golden Arrow for one night (they previously had a 4-night minimum), and I'll be cancelling my 2-night Northwoods Inn reservation in the next hour.

I'm excited for the show, but I hate the date change! A Friday night before a major holiday?! Who thought that was a good idea?!
    Here's an article talking about the schedule change: http://adirondackdailyenterprise.com....html?nav=5008

vCash
    Thanks for the article. I guess it makes sense, in theory. Maybe they'll get a lot of NYC/NJ folks that are in town already and are willing to shell out $$$ for tickets, whether or not they're serious skating fans.

I guess I'm just flustered because they changed my 15+ year post-Thanksgiving weekend tradition on me.

vCash
    Just catching up to this. Wow, what a reduced schedule - 10 shows? This is really sad. I'll be surprised if there'll be a USA show next season.

No Tanith & Ben? No Michael Weiss??? Gee whiz...As much as I love Kurt, this is not worth a drive to the closest stop to DC - Hershey, PA. I'll pass on SOI this season.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    ^ Same here. I've gone the past 4 years but the streak is coming to an end. The skaters in this year's tour I've seen live already- even met a few of them- so IMO there's no need to travel out of the way/incur more expenses than necessary to see the show. (And especially since a big incentive was that pre-show reception)

vCash
    And just to represent another point of view -

A whole bunch of us skating pals will be pleased to see Ilia, I/Z and others. Unfortunately they aren't coming to any of our towns or near them either so we're all meeting in Pittsburgh to have some fun together and enjoy SOI. I look forward to what Kurt and Jeff Buttle can do in terms of group choreography and direction - I'm hoping it will be interesting skating and something new.
    Last edited by Willowway; 12-28-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I'd love to see the show, but the schedule just doesn't work for me this year. I hope they're able to extend the tour next year, but I understand how difficult the economics of a live tour are.

Have a wonderful time, Willowway, and looking forward to your reports.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    As am I. Willowway.
    I wish I could join you.

I plannied on going; and treating a guest, if they had dates anywhere in the South.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast