Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So I'm thinking about going to the Chicago show, but of course its the only show without a date, argh!!!!!! Its probably a 7 hour drive for me, but by golly I've gotta get there. I've been going to SOI since the late 90's, and am glad that I have some personal time off from work lined up!!! Although it might be fun to go somewhere else, I would love to go to LA, or the east coast. bummed that its no longer in the Twin Cities, but I am still going to show my support. You would think that with so few cities, they could get a lot more major stars that don't want to be on the road for very long due to family and other commitments, like Kristi (even though I know she doesn't skate anymore, I think her skating would get more people to shows, Sale and Pelletier, Lipinski (hey, I was/am a fan of her's!) its weird that Belbin/Agosto and michael weiss aren't doing the tour. and even Scott (although I am sure he can't because of his health, would help the tour. Dang you economy!!

vCash
    although I am sure he can't because of his health
    Scott appears to be in very good health these days; actually in Cleveland a few weeks ago he looked great and acted like he felt great. There's a point (he's 53 and that's reason enough) where anyone would give up performing and touring and he reached it several years ago (he has been clear that the last performance several years ago in Cleveland was great to do but pretty much the end for that sort of thing). He appears very focused on his family, his various charities and of course producing SOI - that's a full plate.
    Last edited by Willowway; 11-17-2011 at 03:46 PM.

vCash
    I'm just grateful for the SOI shows I've seen over the years. Good memories. Won't be going anymore.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Did Johnny's public battle with SOI (and Smuckers) help bring it down?
    It would not surprise me if the negative publicity was a factor in Smuckers dropping out as sponsor, since they got the blame for it. I doubt, though, that the furor caused many people to stop buying tickets. Still, it may well have been a missed opportunity to draw new audience members. Johnny can be a captivating skater, though his exhibitions the past couple years have not been the kind of stuff that would have saved anyone's tour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    I'm just grateful for the SOI shows I've seen over the years. Good memories. Won't be going anymore.
    Me too. I am really bummed they aren't coming to the NY/NJ/CT Metro area this year. Lake Placid is great but it is way too far to travel for a one-night event, and Hershey's show is late on a Sunday afternoon, which does not work for us with a 3+ hour drive home on a school night. It's sad -- Mini flutz and I have always enjoyed our 'skating night out'.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    Why do other Countries have such great shows?
    Do any of these countries have a touring show with 10 or more performances? They may exist but I haven't heard of them.

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    well I'm really pissed. A lot of skaters I would dearly love to see and there's not a show anywhere near me. Pfffffffffffffffft!

vCash
    Tanith explains it all
    http://www.tanithbelbin.com/

vCash
    health issues, I hope everything works out for Tanith.

vCash
    Good for her, she's earned the right to take a break.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I wonder what Ben is doing to keep busy now days?
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemiddle View Post
    Tanith explains it all
    Hm. Some interesting wording in there from Tanith. She didn't seem injured on BotB.

Interesting to me that she wouldn't do SOI when it's only 10 shows. But maybe she just needs a break after Battle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Hm. Some interesting wording in there from Tanith. She didn't seem injured on BotB.

Interesting to me that she wouldn't do SOI when it's only 10 shows. But maybe she just needs a break after Battle.
    Injuries and health are not always related.

It might be easier to say no to what they were offering for 10 shows then a big well paying gig IMHO.

And if we are lucky, Ben will come to Nationals and "commentate" on Skate Radio again. He was hysterical!

vCash
    Geoffrey Tyler (Kurt's musician/actor friend who co-choreographed and performed Steppin' Out with him, and who is co-choreographing both Celebration on Ice and Stars on Ice with him) tweeted the other day:

@mypantsronfire Geoffrey Tyler
    Principal choreography for @starsonice w/ @KurtBrowning & @J_Butt done! Whew that was a long week! Now 2 the details…details…

Looks like the choreography team is Geoff, Kurt, and Jeff Buttle.

What I find kind of intriguing is that earlier that week, Linda Garneau, a friend of Geoff's who choreographed "Downstream" for Kurt last year, tweeted:

@Helixdance Linda Garneau
    So beautiful watching contemporary lines on the ice, Kurt Browning and Jeffrey Buttle are such beautiful artists. A blessing to work with xo

I wonder if they got some help from her on the Stars choreography??

vCash
    Ryan Bradley finally joins the tour yet Texas and anywhere near me gets left off the list of dates again

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The February Seattle date will be tough for me to get to, and I'm hoping the Vancouver or Victoria date works. The schedule is still listed as to be announced in Fall 2011, and we've run out of fall.

Belbin and Agosto are listed as returning cast member for the Canadian tour.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    The February Seattle date will be tough for me to get to, and I'm hoping the Vancouver or Victoria date works. The schedule is still listed as to be announced in Fall 2011, and we've run out of fall.

Technically fall runs until December 21st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemiddle View Post
    Tanith explains it all
    "health issues" is so vague as to sound ominous. Hope she is OK.

I have to laugh at the two shows in WA. Seattle makes sense, but Wenatchee? Wenatchee??? That's like, nowhere. Trying to draw the Spokane crowd from US Nationals of a few years back?? It's nearly 3 hours from Spokane, further from Portland, OR. Must have been a stadium/arena deal they couldn't pass up???? Mystifying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I don't see a cast list for next year's Canadian tour on the CSOI website. Am I looking in the wrong place or did you see it somewhere else?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    I don't see a cast list for next year's Canadian tour on the CSOI website. Am I looking in the wrong place or did you see it somewhere else?
    My mistake. I followed a search lead to the "The Tour" page and thought it was for 2012, when they reference 2011 at the bottom.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast