Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Parks and Recreation

Does anyone else watch this show? It started out awful in the first season, but since has grown to be one of, if not THE, funniest and best shows on TV today. Watching its ratings tumble lower and lower breaks my heart, which isn't good because my ribs are already broken from laughing too hard each week. Leslie's references to Harry Potter always crack me up, and April's deadpan personality is beyond hilarious. And Ron Swanson is one of the best characters ever.

I'm in love with this show. I just wish many, many more people were as well, because I don't know how much longer it will be around.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Interesting. I watched maybe half the shows the first season but it was just so bad I haven't watched since. I actually like sitcoms but except for The Middle there aren't any good ones on that I've found.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    I LOVE Parks and Recreation. Too many funny moments to count.

vCash
    I started to watch it before I had a DVR because it was stuck between two shows I loved and I just kept watching because too lazy to get off the couch. Season One was progressively better as it went along (at first I hated it).

I have grown to absolutely adore the show, there are so many subtle moments and Ron is just awesome with his ridiculous manly-man stuff. Leslie is sweet and inspiring. April is my evil twin. I just love all the characters, without exception. The Little Sebastian thing was just so unbelievably funny.

Sadly, I'm not suprised to hear about the ratings. People don't seem to tune into shows anymore that have any underlying feel good theme. My list of cancelations re: same that I loved: My Name is Earl, Ugly Betty, Hellcats, (almost) Make It or Break It, Outsourced (I don't think anyone watched that but me), I could go on.

People would rather watch Jersey Shore or Housewives of Wherever. I'm not a reality show snob (I do watch a couple), but I do like to vary the mean with the sweet.

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    "Little Sebastiannnn, you're like 5,000 candles in the wiiiind." oh Andy

vCash
    I love it too! I don't know why it doesn't do better in the ratings. It has great characters, recognizable actors, and although I like mean/snarky/ironic humor, I actually love that this show doesn't use it that much (except for with April). Maybe because it's on NBC? Maybe because The Office is in a rut, Whitney runs hot and cold, and Community can be a little out there sometimes?

vCash
    This show is SO AMAZING! Somehow it's quirky with soul, ernest and yet not cloying, clever, well acted, creative in storytelling, and funny as hell, all rolled into one. I love the lack of cynicism. I love the detailed world of Pawnee. Every single character is so fully conceived. Donna get's 5 lines an episode, and still rocks it.

Clueless American
    vCash
    I love Parks and Recreation - it's "awesome sauce". Unlike most folks, I've loved it since day one. I love all the characters. And I like the recurring ones they bring back all the time and the recurring places (like Sweetums and Eagleton).

Bonita I liked Outsourced too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ross_hy View Post
    I love it too! I don't know why it doesn't do better in the ratings. It has great characters, recognizable actors, and although I like mean/snarky/ironic humor, I actually love that this show doesn't use it that much (except for with April). Maybe because it's on NBC? Maybe because The Office is in a rut, Whitney runs hot and cold, and Community can be a little out there sometimes?
    We love Parks & Rec at our house. I don't get all the acclaim for Community instead.

As for Whitney, I like that, too. I think it demonstrates weekly what happens when people decide they have to "work on their relationships" instead of just living.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    My list of cancelations re: same that I loved: ...(almost) Make It or Break It...
    Never fear! We get a least one more season of Make It or Break It.

I love Parks and Recreation too. The first and current season have been a little dull, but the second and third were brilliant. It's quirky, funny, and silly without (usually) being over the top. It breaks my heart to see reality shows get renewed for season after season while something awesome like this is slowly sinking in ratings.

vCash
    Best comedy on tv. I loved seasons 2 and 3, but this season is the best yet. Just fantastic.

vCash
    I like all my shows on Facebook. I hope it counts. I know the Make It or Break It fans were very vocal with their displeasure on Facebook, and I was one of them!

vCash
    I just watched the new episode and oh my god I LOVE THIS SHOW.

vCash
    After last night's episode I felt the need to bump this thread. It was so. good. Leslie sending Ben out on a rampant scavenger hunt across Pawnee, discovering Ron's love for riddles (to the point where he's all giddy over it), and April actually caring about Ann? Ahhhh, this episode was great! Any way I can spread the word and get more people to watch this show, I'll do it!!

Afterlife
    vCash
    I loved last nights episode. The ending where Ron is doing everything he can to get Leslie to let him do riddles on his birthday was so awesome!
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I watched it last night because nothing else was on. I will not be watching it again as I was completely underwhelmed. It had some cute moments but I don't really like most of the characters.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    That's the way I felt about the very few episodes I've seen (mostly season 1).
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    That's the way I felt about the very few episodes I've seen (mostly season 1).
    Season 1 was not very good Sadly that's where it lost most of its audience who haven't turned back. They tried to make it too much like the Office with a female Michael Scott, and had weak plot lines and bad jokes. Character development was minimal as the series revolved almost completely around Leslie. Season 2 and beyond have gotten much better and balanced, and a lot funnier as well. I can see where people aren't going to like it, but I will always be a complete Parks & Rec junkie.

vCash
    Someone had suggested to me to skip Season 1 and start with Season 2, which I did do and I've watched all the eps (except for last night's) and I freaking love this show! They do such an incredible job of building up the characters over time, it's basically a heartwarming show and the inside jokes (and how long they keep them) are amazingly witty. It's probably one of the best character shows out there - everyone is so well-written, detailed and consistent, I could cry (I'm looking at you, Glee and White Collar). I think it's one of those shows that people either really love or don't see what the big deal is. If you're one of the people who were turned off by Season 1, may I suggest (if you're feeling like you want some entertainment) to watch some of Season 2? The show really does get progressively - and exponentially - better, but you'd have to know the characters to get the vast majority of the comedy.

Here's hoping it doesn't get the Arrested Development treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Any way I can spread the word and get more people to watch this show, I'll do it!!
    You were successful with me I checked out "The Trial of Leslie Knope" after reading this thread in the fall...between that one and "Citizen Knope", I was totally hooked and spent December catching up on all the previous episodes on DVDs and iTunes.

The first two January episodes were kind of up and down, but I loved this last one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast