vCash

The Film 'It's All About Love' with Claire Danes

An apocalyptic figure skating movie? HAVE TO WATCH IT. On Encore (ENCL) for Comcast/Xfinity viewers right now. Totally came across this during a channel surf. I think Claire is a Russian skater and Joaquin Phoenix is her husband or soon to be ex-husband.

Anyone seen this before?

vCash
    Yes. Enjoyably demented romance.

I think the skater who doubles for Claire Danes is....a Dane. Mikkeline Kierkegaard. There are other skaters in the film's skating shows, but I'm not sure if you'll see enough of them to recognize them.

vCash
    Thanks for the feedback viennese!

Wiki said the reviews were bad. I just saw the scene where she sees her clone, who threatened to kill her. Weird.

vCash
    Here's the rottentomatoes synopsis and reviews - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/its_all_about_love/

I only saw one good review. No information about skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viennese View Post
    I think the skater who doubles for Claire Danes is....a Dane. Mikkeline Kierkegaard. There are other skaters in the film's skating shows, but I'm not sure if you'll see enough of them to recognize them.
    This is correct. Mikkeline skated for Denmark in the early 2000s, and then became a pairs skater for Germany with Norman Jeschke as her partner. They retired (largely because of her frequent injury problems) in late 2005.