Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Thumbs up Support Gregory & Petukhov by voting for Fever on Ice in the Pepsi Refresh Project!

Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov's "Improve academic achievement thru Olympic sport of figure skating" (their Fever on Ice brainchild) is currently #39 in the $50K Tier.

•Specifically, my idea will help Youth to reach their dreams thru my programs fusion of education & sports
    •I believe my idea is unique and innovative because As Olympian I inspire youth to be athletic while improving academic achievement
    •One thing that might surprise people about my idea is Im creating a diverse cultural environment to enrich the community lifestyle
    You can vote for their idea here or via text message: http://www.refresheverything.com/feveronice

Fever on Ice was awarded one of the six $12,000 grand prize Team USA Grants by the US Olympic Committee back in September -- help keep their momentum going!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-10-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukov's "Improve academic achievement thru Olympic sport of figure skating" (their Fever on Ice brainchild) is currently #39 in the $50K Tier.

You can vote for their idea here or via text message: http://www.refresheverything.com/feveronice

Fever on Ice was awarded one of the six $12,000 grand prize Team USA Grants by the US Olympic Committee back in September -- help keep their momentum going!
    Thanks, Sylvia, for posting this. Melissa and Denis work hard and do so much for the kids in their program.

vCash
    ^

Done!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Press release: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...e_pressrelease
    Fans of figure skating can help the not-for-profit Fever on Ice win a $50,000 grant from Pepsi.

Founded by four-time U.S. ice dance silver medalists and 2006 Olympians Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov in 2009, Fever on Ice combines ice skating instruction with academics with the goal of fostering cultural diversity and relationship-building skills.

The program reaches more than 100 middle school students in Portland, Ore., and Hartford, Conn.

"We want to take Fever on Ice to more schools and communities," Gregory said, "to help introduce figure skating to those who otherwise would not have the opportunity to explore the sport. We've had to turn some kids away and that really hurts."

To help put more inner-city youngsters on the ice, text your vote to: 73774 and write in the message body: 109998.

You can also vote online at www.refresheverything.com/feveronice. Voting ends [Wednesday] Nov. 30.