Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

vCash
    Since going to Yuka, his strategy has been to start the season without the quad and second 3A then work them in as he got the program down.

Maybe because the competition is so tough, he's tried putting all the jumps in from the start? (and it hasn't worked)

He really does need to find a way to get the jumps in so they're doable under pressure.

This Free program really is going to be one I watch over and over. I just want to watch it with successful jumps.

(fingers crossed he makes it onto the World Team this year)

vCash
    Perhaps they could change his layout to:

4toe
    3axel2toe
    3flip3toe
    3axel
    3lutz2toe2loop
    3loop
    3lutz
    3sal

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Maybe Jeremy's layout could be:

4toe
    3Axel (he has to leave it the way it is, a solo jump to fit the musical timing; that transition he has going in and out of the jump is too exquisitely beautiful to allow a combo to foil with it. I can't believe anyone could even suggest changing this from how it currently stands.)
    3flip (again, the transition out of this jump should not be spoiled by adding a combo to it; it fits the music so well choreographically.)
    *3Axel+2toe
    *3Lutz+2toe+2loop
    *3loop
    *3Salchow+3toe
    *3Lutz (keep the transition he had coming out of the 2Axel.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Agree. Hopefully Yuka and Jason and Jeremy can rework his FS some for the rest of the season. This amazing program deserves to blow the roof off at competitions and I hope Jeremy can really get it under his skates.
    You said it for me. I LOVE Jeremy's programs this season, especially the FS. One off my favorite men's programs in a few years. I really hope to see this skated lights out at some point in the season, and wouldn't it be fabulous if it happened at Worlds? I don't know enough to jump in (haha) about what his jump layout should be, but I hope if he needs to reorder jumps that it happens so he can indeed get it under his skates.

Congrats to Jeremy for qualifying for the GPF!

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    What? Some of you would change the layout of Jeremy's freeskate? NOOOO! That's just wrong on so many levels! When you have a program this gorgeous, leave it alone and let Jeremy work out things that need to be improved.

Sheesh.

vCash
    I believe in Jeremy/Yuka/Jason; and these programs.
    I trust them to do whatever they think necessary to develop them to best advantage during the season.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    Since going to Yuka, his strategy has been to start the season without the quad and second 3A then work them in as he got the program down.

Maybe because the competition is so tough, he's tried putting all the jumps in from the start? (and it hasn't worked)

He really does need to find a way to get the jumps in so they're doable under pressure.
    He's better off doing all the jumps from the beginning of season; mid-season jump upgrades (adding a quad or second 3A) haven't exactly been successful..

vCash
    Abbott's planned jumps (only 2 combos, apparently) in his FS were posted in the Cup of China forum as follows: 4T, 3A, 3F, 3A+3T, 3Lz+3T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3S, 2A.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Abbott's planned jumps (only 2 combos, apparently) in his FS were posted in the Cup of China forum as follows: 4T, 3A, 3F, 3A+3T, 3Lz+3T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3S, 2A.
    He's attempted 3S+2T in both China and Russia though, so it appears he is planning 3 combo passes. In his recent interview, he said his LP has 12 jumps, the quad only being one of them.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 11-26-2011 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    Here's the GSD thread/post with the interview link:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadin View Post
    Jeremy Abbott: “I wanted to find a piece of music where I could just breathe in the program and relax into the choreography”

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index...11jeremyabbott
    Abbott's ISU bio currently lists these choreographers: Buddy and Benji Schwimmer [SP], Y. Sato, R. Campanella

Excerpt from the Rostelecom Cup Press Conferences thread in Kiss and Cry (thanks to TAHbKA for transcribing):
    To Abbott: you said that the bloody trails on the ice suit the programme. What the programme is about?
    I didn't mean the programme in general I meant this performance. It was just... I guess my programmes supposed to be about a flying bird that growing wings, think this time I was a shot down bird.

To Abbott: you tried to choreograph your programmes. How much of you is in this programme?
    Abbott: I have quite a bit of an input into this programme. Yuka and I did it with help of Campanella in Toronto, Yuka and I choreographed, Roberto expanded it and made it bigger. I'd say it's 50/50, we give equally to the programme. I think it's easier for me to skate the programme - it comes naturally from me. Competing is a different story.
    I assume this is the Roberto Campanella in Toronto: http://www.proartedanza.com/pages/artistic.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-27-2011 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    What? Some of you would change the layout of Jeremy's freeskate? NOOOO! That's just wrong on so many levels! When you have a program this gorgeous, leave it alone and let Jeremy work out things that need to be improved.

Sheesh.
    I agree. They shouldn't make any big changes in it - that could only spoil this beautiful program.

A pity that Jeremy couldn't keep it up and together in the long, but good that he is in the Finale - one more chance for him to skate this program cleaner, and show it for the beauty that it is. I just hope he will also be able to repeat his clean skate of the SP once more.

vCash
    ^^ Yes, I too hope Jeremy's able to skate his fp cleanly at the GPF, however, he will have more than just "one chance" to skate the program again, but yes, one more chance in the GP series this season.

Thanks for the excerpt from the CoR press conference, Sylvia.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    I agree. They shouldn't make any big changes in it - that could only spoil this beautiful program.

Wait till he loses or misses the podium by a handful of points and everyone will wonder why he doesn't do a third jump combo or a 3-3-2.

vCash
    I don't see anything wrong with Jeremy's programs. They are fine just the way they are. He just needs to skate with more confidence- JMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    The single jumps in the beginning fit the "sparer", quieter first statement of the theme, and the combos fit the more embroidered restatements of the theme as it crescendoes (and speeds up) to the part with the electric guitar.

Jeremy sometimes HAS sacrificed art for points; in his "Life is Beautiful" long, the double axel after the circular footwork was absolutely perfect at the beginning of the season, but he shifted it to later in the program as the season progressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with Jeremy's programs. They are fine just the way they are. He just needs to skate with more confidence- JMO.
    I think Jeremy skated with a great deal of confidence in his short program at CoR, but even before he began his fp, he seemed more nervous, and the hard fall on the quad probably rattled him further. His programs are just too good not to be skated to the level of brilliance which is in them and in him.

Wishing Jeremy good luck at GPF and on to Nationals!

Title-less
    vCash
    That's what people said about his last year' long too-until he missed the national's podium by such a slim margin people were saying how he missed out on COP points in spins and such.

Anyway, that is Jeremy's call. I'm sure he knows full well the risk of not maximizing his COP potential

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    That's what people said about his last year' long too-until he missed the national's podium by such a slim margin people were saying how he missed out on COP points in spins and such.

Anyway, that is Jeremy's call. I'm sure he knows full well the risk of not maximizing his COP potential
    IIRC he missed a few jumps and other skaters landed theirs, that's how he missed the podium and the world team. Based on how other skaters have performed this season, I don't see history repeating itself.

Title-less
    vCash
    IIRC he missed a few jumps and other skaters landed theirs, that's how he missed the podium and the world team. Based on how other skaters have performed this season, I don't see history repeating itself.
    That was what people thought last season

ETA: The margin of error is also smaller now that there're only two world spots
    Last edited by jlai; 11-30-2011 at 01:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    That was what people thought last season :SHUFFLE:
    ^ This

It's too bad Abbott can't skate for a country that would appreciate him. (and you, know, send him to Worlds, as he's medaled at all his GP events for the last two seasons)

If only his programs were as innovative and complex as Ryan Bradley's he'd be sent for sure

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast