Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    As for the dance company - a nice idea , but I have to say that not all skaters are very good dancers (even the most artistic ones).
    Though I am pretty sure Jeremy ( a big fan of contemporary Dance) and Stephane ( lots of party videos and photos serve as a great testament) are; Jonathan Cassar, for example, studies Dance ( possibly a Dance Major?), and I cannot imagine Takahashi not being able to bring the same tiger-like grace to the floor as he does to the ice I'd rather see them all skating, though.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Though I am pretty sure Jeremy ( a big fan of contemporary Dance) and Stephane ( lots of party videos and photos serve as a great testament) are; Jonathan Cassar, for example, studies Dance ( possibly a Dance Major?), and I cannot imagine Takahashi not being able to bring the same tiger-like grace to the floor as he does to the ice I'd rather see them all skating, though.
    Yes, but party dancing is one thing, and modern dance is another. Ice dancers should be the best dancers among all figure skaters also on the floor, should they not? But I am currently watching a Russian dance show called 'Bolero', where figure skaters (including ice dancers Kostomarov, Staviski, Shabalin, Vanagas and Chernishev) are dancing with russian prima ballerinas (modern dance, sometimes a little balletic, but not real ballet). Well, I have to say, at the moment they look quite weak next to those ballerinas - not very bad, but still...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I was thinking of Matt Savoie when I saw Jeremy's long program last week. Both because of the transitions and because of the subtlety and restraint. I always thought that Matt did not get enough credit for his transitions, choregoraphy, and difficulty. There were times when a certain skater beloved by judges would do little besides crossovers between elements would get higher transition and choreography scores than Matt would, and it drove me crazy. I have sometimes thought that Jeremy similarly did not get enough credit, so I was happy to see that he did get a lot of credit for his long program last week.

My NBC station apparently is boycotting skating this year, so if anyone has a link to a particularly good video, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I was also thinking of Matt while watching Jeremy skate. Matt - particularly the last couple of seasons - had beautiful programs loaded with difficulty - which I just loved. He took me on the journey with him. I find Jeremy doing the same. I find Daisuke to be wonderful, but he is more outward - more of a showman - so it is just a strikes me a little different. But, saying that (and not very well) I do love both Jeremy and Dai's programs this year.

vCash
    Russian video of Abbott's winning SP in Moscow today (3F+3T, 3A, 3Lz): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p3tJNHfZJw

vCash
    Congratulations to Jeremy for his successful skate so far . I am really glad for him. I read and opinion somewhere that Brezina deserved higher component marks than Abbott. I can't agree with that at all. Brezina's SP and it's choreography is good, but he's not a performer and interpreter like Abbott, and I think that his ss are also not quite on par with Jeremy's.

I truly hope that Abbott can keep this up in his FS. True, it will be difficult to do because of Hanya's superior technical content (and, of course, Brezina and even Fernandez are still contenders), but not impossible if he skates clean. So I'll keep my fingers crossed for Jeremy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Congratulations to Jeremy for his successful skate so far . I am really glad for him. I read and opinion somewhere that Brezina deserved higher component marks than Abbott. I can't agree with that at all. Brezina's SP and it's choreography is good, but he's not a performer and interpreter like Abbott, and I think that his ss are also not quite on par with Jeremy's.

I truly hope that Abbott can keep this up in his FS. True, it will be difficult to do because of Hanya's superior technical content (and, of course, Brezina and even Fernandez are still contenders), but not impossible if he skates clean. So I'll keep my fingers crossed for Jeremy.
    As long as Jeremy keeps it together enough to be in top 4 and thus make the GPF, I'll be over the moon!
    That was a GREAT SP from him in Moscow. Finally after so many years the internationals judges give him PCS he deserves (and deserved for so long). May it continue!
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Loved his SP!! And I can't wait to see his beautiful FS again. Even flawed as it was in CoC, it was gorgeous. Love his confidence this year.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I'm so happy for him, can't wait for the long tomorrow, it's one of my fav programs this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    As long as Jeremy keeps it together enough to be in top 4 and thus make the GPF, I'll be over the moon!
    That was a GREAT SP from him in Moscow. Finally after so many years the internationals judges give him PCS he deserves (and deserved for so long). May it continue!
    He often doesnt get the scores from the judges since he has let them down in the past. He was undermarked for over a year after the Olympic disaester. I think even the judges were pissed at him for that one (which followed his equal disaester at the 2009 Worlds) and were ready to force him into retirement. Now he is finally getting some of their respect and trust back, and if he continues to skate with reasonable consistency it will continue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    He often doesnt get the scores from the judges since he has let them down in the past.
    I only wish this applied to all skaters.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I only wish this applied to all skaters.
    Yes, absolutely.

vCash
    ^^ So right! ITA!!!

Go Jeremy! Feel the music ...

Title-less
    vCash
    Okay, now that GP is over, I'd like to say that Jeremy needs to rework its jump layout. All the combos are in the second half and when the first jump is messed up there's no room for him to tack on another triple toe anywhere. He's better off doing more combo in first half so when they don't happen you can try adding the combo again later.

He needs the 3A-3t in the first half, at the very least. Sure, PCS is higher but at the expense of his TES. I haven't seen a single 3-3 combo in his free skate yet, and that's NOT GOOD.

vCash
    WOW - what a LP! His SP is really great too, but this LP - i can watch it maybe all day long.
    Wish Jeremy show clean skating at Nationals - he need to skate it at WCh for sure.

vCash
    Uhh, my heart just sunk when I saw his hand all bloody. Hope it's alight . Such a beautiful program tho even with the mistakes, so excited he'll be in the gpf.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Okay, now that GP is over, I'd like to say that Jeremy needs to rework its jump layout. All the combos are in the second half and when the first jump is messed up there's no room for him to tack on another triple toe anywhere. He's better off doing more combo in first half so when they don't happen you can try adding the combo again later.

He needs the 3A-3t in the first half, at the very least. Sure, PCS is higher but at the expense of his TES. I haven't seen a single 3-3 combo in his free skate yet, and that's NOT GOOD.
    Agree. Hopefully Yuka and Jason and Jeremy can rework his FS some for the rest of the season. This amazing program deserves to blow the roof off at competitions and I hope Jeremy can really get it under his skates.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Since IJS doesn't award any bonus for combos based on the difficulty of the first jump, he doesn't need a 3A/3T - he just needs a triple triple of any kind. Better to tack the 3T onto the back end of a more reliable jump for him.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    In case anyone missed it, there's a new interview with Jeremy posted in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81314

vCash
    The program was definitely there for Jeremy, and he could have won. Good to see that he scored higher than anyone else in everything except technical. I wonder how he hurt his hand (maybe on the quad fall?). I thought the "bloodbath" was supposed to occur at Nationals.

I hope Yuka and Jason are able to work with Jeremy on what he needs to do with jump layout and de-stressing to skate this program to perfection. It is an unfinished masterpiece.

Sending lots of support and encouragement Jeremy's way!

vCash
    ^^^
    These are my wishes for him as well, aftershocks.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast