Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Once Upon A Time
    Revenge
    Pan Am

Only three so far. I keep meaning to check out New Girl, but I always forget. I lost interest in Terra Nova halfway through the second episode, but the series has an interesting premise, so maybe I'll try again. Add me to the list that really did like The Playboy Club. IMO it could've been advertised better, and didn't it have a weak time slot? Either way, that it got cut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    The only one I've kept watching is Grimm - and it's only 2 episodes in! If I had Showtime, I'd be watching Homeland I'm sure. I adore Damien Lewis.
    Well I have Showtime...love Lewis, Clair Danes and political drama but just can't get into this---yet. I'm going to give it some time and come back to it on Demand. I didn't put the BBC's America's "Dramaville" on the list because I believe they are simply putting well received British dramas on in a mini-series format: So far we've had "The Hour", "Luther" (second season) and "Whitechapel." All were wonderful and all would be at the top of this list if I didn't think of it like a Masterpiece/Mystery miniseries.

Nobody seems to enjoy "Enlightened" but there is something about Laura Dern's character's anger and her attempt to find peace that I recognize. Of course I've never pried elevator doors open (with mascara streaming down my face) yelling motherf***** at my boss who had screwed me in more ways than one. But something there resonated. Mike White is writing this series and I'm a fan so I'm sticking with it.

vCash
    Terra Nova
    Person Of Interest
    Pan Am
    2 Broke Girls
    Grimm
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    One other show that I am loving that I found this summer - Law & Order UK - very good, always a fan of the original, but love the London setting, and they are using the same scripts.
    Not the same scripts -- same storylines, but then substantially altered to reflect the English criminal justice system, as well as social and technological realities of the 21st century (since a lot of the storylines they used were from the very earliest seasons of the original series).

I absolutely love L&O-UK. In particular I love the relationship between the two DIs -- obviously modelled after Briscoe & Logan, but Walsh and Bamber (and of course the writers) give the characters their own spin. In the most recent season, there's a new chief prosecutor, and I'm not really warming to him, but I love having Peter Davison as the new head of the CPS, and Freema Agyeman's character has really grown. (Plus having 2 former Doctor Who actors is fun!)

vCash
    Once Upon a Time
    there have been a two others I've tried to watch but they haven't taken, like
    Grimm
    Ringer
    Guess it doesn't help that I missed the first episode of each series
    Alphas - for as long as it seemed to last.

And strangest of all is one show I've actually watched every week - Camelot. It has aired 9 episodes and #10 is the series final! Go figure, our tax dollars at work. Only in Canada, hey!?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Not the same scripts -- same storylines, but then substantially altered to reflect the English criminal justice system, as well as social and technological realities of the 21st century (since a lot of the storylines they used were from the very earliest seasons of the original series).

I absolutely love L&O-UK. In particular I love the relationship between the two DIs -- obviously modelled after Briscoe & Logan, but Walsh and Bamber (and of course the writers) give the characters their own spin. In the most recent season, there's a new chief prosecutor, and I'm not really warming to him, but I love having Peter Davison as the new head of the CPS, and Freema Agyeman's character has really grown. (Plus having 2 former Doctor Who actors is fun!)
    Check my wording if you are being picky - 'using .." if you read the credits, they are referenced, therefore using, which can be interpreted different way. Jamie Bamber is gone, miss him.

vCash
    Revenge
    Once Upon a Time
    Ringer

Although I'm getting over Ringer. The station is broadcasting the picture size wrong so it's always overly large and scrunched up on my screen. I've emailed them and they haven't bothered to fix it yet and it's really, really, really annoying. It has to be them because I'm not having that issue with any other show. I'm also a little annoyed that Sarah Michelle Gellar is still too Buffy-like in her acting.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    Once Upon A Time
    Revenge
    New Girl

vCash
    Revenge and Pan Am are the only two that caught on with me. I think I might watch Ringer during the summer.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Check my wording if you are being picky - 'using .." if you read the credits, they are referenced, therefore using, which can be interpreted different way. Jamie Bamber is gone, miss him.
    Yeah but I like to watch Walsh. He doesn't say a lot but conveys emotion born of lots of experience on the job. Good acting.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    I'm amazed I'm watching 5 of the new shows at all! Ringer, Revenge, Once upon a Time, Grimm and American Horror Story.

I can't really see how the plots of Ringer, Revenge and OUAT could be dragged out over multiple seasons, but for now Ringer and Revenge are the ones I don't want to miss. I'm not entirely sold on OUAT and Grimm yet, but I'll probably watch the first season of both to see if it goes anywhere. I'm also convinced at least one of the five will be cancelled.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123