Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    Juststop would be my suggestion for a name...
    Or Justsayno...
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    How about Judas, or maybe Judas Priest (it just adds that religious touch...)
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash

Cool

For those that want to know the children's names, ages and sequence check this wikipedia entry:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Kids_and_Counting

It seems to cover the bases for the entire family, in fact....

NJL

vCash
    slightly off topic, but if anyone has experience with down syndrome kids, can you please pm me? a close friend of mine just had an unexpected baby with downs, and she's taking it very hard.

vCash
    Not personal experience, but a friend of mine just did this interview about her own experience with her daughter. (She's just published a critically acclaimed book on the subject.) You might glean some ideas from it. Best wishes to your friend and the little one.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    I think most people would assume, upon reading the name "Jinger" that it rhymed with "ringer" unless they knew someone with that name or had watched this show.
    I don't see how anyone could have thought Jinger would be pronounced differently from the name Ginger, unless they had never heard of the name Ginger (might be a generational thing, as Teh Kidz today might not have seen Gilligan's Island and may not know about Ginger Rogers).

I think "Jinger" looks like a stripper name - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but somehow I don't think it's what the Duggars are going for.

As for names for the new baby, if it's a boy, how about Joachin?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Jingle
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I don't see how anyone could have thought Jinger would be pronounced differently from the name Ginger, unless they had never heard of the name Ginger (might be a generational thing, as Teh Kidz today might not have seen Gilligan's Island and may not know about Ginger Rogers).
    Well, I for one, didn't know that Jinger was a Duggar daughter when I first saw it in the list of all their children's name and thought that it was pronounced Jing-er (rhyming with ringer), which seemed a more likely (albeit strange) name for a boy. Perhaps if I'd known Jinger was a girl, I would have thought differently.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I don't see how anyone could have thought Jinger would be pronounced differently from the name Ginger
    because only a teen crack addict or apparently an evangelical baby machine would spell ginger with a j.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I am another one who would have said jinger like ringer. I have heard of the name Ginger - and actually have one in the family - but we call her Bunny. But Ginger it is not common enough for me to have thought of it in reference to jinger.

But I am not opposed to jinger like ringer as a name. Though it sounds more like a name for a cat or dog.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    It is rumored that John David is courting a girl named Anna Hacken (Hackel?). I'm pretty sure his tow-truck company is as successful as one can be when you spend half your time away filming special episodes for a reality show. Like Josh's business, this one is apparently also actually owned by Jim Bob. People have said he lives outside of the Duggar house, at one of their rental properties, so that is a plus. I think the justification was because he gets lots of towing/fire department calls in the middle of the night.

It is also rumored that Jana is pretty well set to be a stay at home sister for quite some time, as she and Jill seem to be the only of the older girls that enjoy the kids. (Jinger seems to do the bare minimum, Jessa is always filled with eye rolling when she is with the kids.)

I think both of them don't like the camera, at least John David has always appeared shy, and I would suspect, as legal adults, even if they still have to stay under their parents authority due to the religious beliefs that maintain children as kids until marriage, that they can ask to not be filmed heavily.

(I really hope all the adult children are being paid separately by the show. I know they don't have to pay the minors...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I've seen the show once this year and John David was shown as a firefighter, I think, and I think Jana and one of the other girls (I don't know the kids, so I could be way off) were EMTs. Jana apparently wants to be a nurse, if she's the one I'm thinking of.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    Thanks for the info. I had no idea.
    I think technically ALL the older kids seem to be involved in the volunteer fire fighting (the girls had an episode where they made "fire skirts" -well Anna sewed them for the girls- from the uniform, and showed the chief. They clearly are not actually fighting fires...but are first reponders, and maybe the skirts are for parades?)

Josh has said he is involved too. JD seems to be the one who is most involved.

vCash
    Seems to me both Jennifer and Jordyn (2 and 1 respectively when Josie was born) were completely deprived of their mother's presence while Michelle stayed in the hospital with Josie. That had to be a distressing and confusing time for them.

Michelle has a 60% chance of developing preeclampsia and having to have a premature delivery. That means Josie, who's had her mother's nearly undivided attention since her birth, will be the next one to suffer.

Let's hope #20 is born healthy and is the LAST one. Please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I think technically ALL the older kids seem to be involved in the volunteer fire fighting (the girls had an episode where they made "fire skirts" -well Anna sewed them for the girls- from the uniform, and showed the chief. They clearly are not actually fighting fires...but are first reponders, and maybe the skirts are for parades?)
    No---the Duggar girls NEVER wear pants, as that would reveal that they actually have hips . The skirts are their firefighter/first responder uniforms.
    Last edited by euterpe; 11-09-2011 at 09:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    No---the Duggar girls NEVER wear pants, as that would reveal that they actually have hips . The skirts are their firefighter/first responder uniforms.
    The only time we've seen the girls on call with the firefighters they were wearing normal clothes. They don't have the actual firefighting uniform (are they called turn outs? I don't remember the jargon, my FIL was a firefighter and he was talking about them recently), the fire skirts were the dress uniform.

We actually saw some of the girls, including Michelle in pants recently. I wish I could remember what it was they were doing...
    (In trying to search I found a few blogs that had references to interviews that the girls do wear pants when working as first responders, they just aren't filmed. This picture has the younger Duggar girls in coveralls w/pants, but the older ones are in the back in normal clothes. http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/09/...and_count.html Usually even they don't get to. I'm happy Josh and Anna let McKenzie wear them!)
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 11-09-2011 at 09:53 PM.

vCash
    What would happen if the four older girls (ages 21, 20, 19, 17) all decided to pursue higher education?

That would leave 14-year-old Joy Anna the task of taking care of the 5 younger kids (7, 6, 4, 3 and 2) all by herself, since the next-oldest girl is only 6. The boys do not seem to have any obligations when it comes to child-tending.

My guess is at least two of the older girls would be strongly discouraged from abandoning their child-caring chores.

vCash
    Jonjo!

(Or Jojo if it's a girl)

Children should be taken care of, not taking care of other children. :/

vCash
    JohnJacobJingleheimerschmit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    What would happen if the four older girls (ages 21, 20, 19, 17) all decided to pursue higher education?

That would leave 14-year-old Joy Anna the task of taking care of the 5 younger kids (7, 6, 4, 3 and 2) all by herself, since the next-oldest girl is only 6. The boys do not seem to have any obligations when it comes to child-tending.

My guess is at least two of the older girls would be strongly discouraged from abandoning their child-caring chores.
    They aren't going anywhere. The family has connections to organizations pushing young women to "stay at home" until marriage. More info here:

http://jezebel.com/5708306/the-women...hters-movement

vCash
    Jamakinmedroop?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast