Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

vCash
    Well......maybe lots is private. We couldnt know'because it is....well...private.

I think they are using the opportunity of Jubilees short life to open up a channel to others who are grieving, and let them know they are not alone and their grief and loss are real. It is so easy for society to marginalize a miscarriage ..... and that hurts. So brava to Michelle to give by example a validation of the loss and heartbreak oc that little darling who she held under her heart.
    Last edited by AxelAnnie; 12-18-2011 at 11:46 PM.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Because nothing is private to these people.
    That's become my issue with them, as well.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I'd like to know if we were not discussing the Duggars, but another family who:

1. didn't have 19 kids and had a infant loss
    2. didn't have a reality show
    3. did take pictures of their baby in a casket
    4. did post pictures of the baby on their facebook page for family and friends to see
    5. did write and recorded a poem/reading dedicated to their infant and posted on their facebook page for family and friends to see/hear
    We wouldn't be discussing the Duggars at all if they didn't put themselves in the media, along with their triumphs and losses. As far as I am concerned, the Duggars are exactly the same as Kate and Jon Gosselin.

But yes, if I knew someone who had had a miscarriage and they posted photos or poems on Facebook (which is a rather public medium), I would be posting about how weird and creepy that is.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    numbers123:
    Yes, if it was a different situation, it would be a different situation and we would be responding differently, Captain Obvious.

vCash
    Michelle and Jim Bob were on The Today Show this morning: Duggars Open To More Kids Despite Miscarriage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepaydays View Post
    Michelle and Jim Bob were on The Today Show this morning: Duggars Open To More Kids Despite Miscarriage.
    It's ultimately Michelle's decision as to whether or not she has anymore children. But for the life of me I can't understand why she keeps putting her body thru this. Her last child, regardless of what they may say publically, obviously has developmental issues and she miscarried the last child. There has to come a time where you would think that she would say enough is enough before she risks the possiblity of not being there for the children she already has.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    It's ultimately Michelle's decision as to whether or not she has anymore children. But for the life of me I can't understand why she keeps putting her body thru this. Her last child, regardless of what they may say publically, obviously has developmental issues and she miscarried the last child. There has to come a time where you would think that she would say enough is enough before she risks the possiblity of not being there for the children she already has.
    This ^

Am I the only one who wishes these people would just go away???

I also agree with genevieve...they are just another version of the Gosselins.

The only difference between them and the Gosselins is the Duggars try to hide behind a religion and make it seem somehow OK to exploit their children, future children (if they are ever able to have another one) and grandchildren.

vCash
    nm
    Last edited by taf2002; 02-15-2012 at 06:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    Her last child, regardless of what they may say publically, obviously has developmental issues...
    I don't watch the show. What kind of developmental issues is the youngest showing?

Quote Originally Posted by figurefan
    I also agree with genevieve...they are just another version of the Gosselins.

The only difference between them and the Gosselins is the Duggars try to hide behind a religion and make it seem somehow OK to exploit their children, future children (if they are ever able to have another one) and grandchildren.
    Also agree, the Duggars are just nicer, so it seems OK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    I don't watch the show. What kind of developmental issues is the youngest showing?
    I haven't seen them since the last season (apparently the new season started on 2/14) but Josie was on oxygen and a feeding tube well into her first year, she was a 18 months and still not walking or talking, and she was quite small. I won't go as far as to say that she is mentally challenged because I don't know, but physically she is not developing at the same rate as other children the same age.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    It isn't uncommon for babies as premature as Josie to have neurological deficits.
    It can take several years to determine the long-term effects and prognosis,

I hope that Josie has access to the best medical care and therapy available; and that her parents are enlightened enough to accept it.

vCash
    I wouldn't say Josie has developmental issues for sure. Her adjusted age is still pretty young so it's hard to determine since she's still comparable to a 1.5 year old, but I will admit that the way she moves her body seems different sometimes. The movements are sometimes quick & disjointed. But that's hardly an indicator that something is wrong, as everybody has their own unique way of moving. She *should* be just about caught up with her peers by age 3, so until then, it's a bit premature to say that she has issues.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    It seems like some are correlating Josie's premature birth with the fact that Michelle Duggar has had so many children. One more reason to bash people who have made different choices.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    It seems like some are correlating Josie's premature birth with the fact that Michelle Duggar has had so many children. One more reason to bash people who have made different choices.
    Hmm, no judgement here, but as a mother of a special needs child, I am interested to see if they are seeking any early intervention. (I know children referred to physiotherapists and SLPs by Josie's age for the same delays. She might be fine, but the developmental delays could be red flags.)

vCash
    I am interested to see if they are seeking any early intervention. (I know children referred to physiotherapists and SLPs by Josie's age for the same delays. She might be fine, but the developmental delays could be red flags.)
    I wondered about this, as well.
    Often, the earlier appropriate treatment begins, the more successful it is.

vCash
    Early intervention programs at the pre-school level are often affiliated with public school programs. You can bet they will not be taking advantage of that.

vCash
    I had early intervention at a very young age (I was born at 26 weeks, on oxygen til I was 2, etc). I was not in pre-school because I was younger than that. I think it was through the hospital but I am not 100% sure. I was very lucky in that I didn't really need it; they just wanted to make sure everything was okay and I was meeting milestones. But, yeah, stuff outside of school for preemies is definitely available. I figure Josie will probably do very well, but I know I am extremely lucky in that I have no lingering medical problems except lung issues. I have also always been very small, and never caught up as I grew, but someone has to be the outlier, right?

vCash
    There's speculation on Free Jinger that Anna is expecting #3. Josh's Instagram picture of her from Valentine's Day does look a little suspect. The general thought is that either she's pregnant, or she's gained quite a bit of weight through their unhealthy diet & lack of exercise.

I personally think she's pregnant, but they haven't announced yet because the new season just started and the focus is on baby Jubilee & Michelle.

Their son, BTW, is only 9 months old.

Free Jinger

vCash
    I'm 18 months younger than my older sister...which means she was round about 9 months old when I was conceived. A lot of my friends are the same way, with age differences ranging from between 13-24 months. That's the way it was 20, 30 years ago. I personally wouldn't want 2 children under 2 years old, but it's not my place to tell Anna that she's wrong for choosing that way. If she's happy and able to handle it, and if they are financially able to do it, then I say good on them.

---

R. Bryant
    http://www.trailways.com/team-trailw...silverstate-ca

vCash
    My sister & I are 18 months apart, so I have no problem with the age difference by itself. I guess I had hopes that Josh & Anna wouldn't have so many kids right away, more for her sake than anything else. It's not that they'll have 2 under 2 that's the problem, it's that they'll have 3 under 3... if she's pregnant, that is.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast