Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I fear the editors of the Daily News didn't go to their excellent arts people and have the same misconceptions of what ballroom is that many of the stars do coming into the show. They clearly were not reared on the old PBS ballroom competition specials on PBS (Nancy Grace has NO excuse, being in her 50's )
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    If you vote in the poll on who should win, the results are something like JR 71%, everyone else splits 29%.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I fear the editors of the Daily News didn't go to their excellent arts people and have the same misconceptions of what ballroom is that many of the stars do coming into the show. They clearly were not reared on the old PBS ballroom competition specials on PBS (Nancy Grace has NO excuse, being in her 50's )
    Heck, I was watching those when I was in grad school...alas, no more funding for them. (Besides, in fairness, it did kind of make Ohio's schedule a PITA for everyone else...)

But really, half the Russian teachers in the US are based out of NY and the others are in NJ--they couldn't have walked a few blocks and found SOMEONE who actually teaches ballroom, not AT? (That's a whole other planet...I have been lead through it once by someone who does it well, but I do not begin to understand the minefield of AT culture...)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789