Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    JR's completely blown past Ricki like she was standing still... it's not even close anymore, as far as I'm concerned. If he doesn't win this season, then I'm going to A) eat my shorts, and B) give up on this show forever.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    JR's scores:

10 10 10

vCash
    well deserved
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    JR's completely blown past Ricki like she was standing still... it's not even close anymore, as far as I'm concerned. If he doesn't win this season, then I'm going to A) eat my shorts, and B) give up on this show forever.

vCash
    ^ What he said.

JR FTW!

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    You have to give it to Nancy, she's no quitter. I think the twins, all the weeks of practice and two dances in one night was just too much for her though.

To her credit, I don't think she even once went on about how old she is and how that makes everything worse.
    Doesn't Nancy have a nanny for her twins? I If had her schedule and her kind of money, I sure would!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Presumably when she's at work, but she does go home sometimes...I'd assume she doesn't wait until they're in bed and then sneak out before they wake up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Presumably when she's at work, but she does go home sometimes...I'd assume she doesn't wait until they're in bed and then sneak out before they wake up.
    Well, yeah, of course she goes home. I was thinking more of a live-in nanny!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Maybe they do, but what's the point of having children if you only do the allegedly fun bits? (I guess I kind of get it, but I'd rather be a Victorian housewife--a nanny AND I don't have to go to work, either....)

vCash
    Well Ricki just has to get into the final two, and then the audience will decide. How much of a fan base do Ricki and Derek have combined?

I do think it's the season for J.R. and Karina to win though, but it's not over until the fat lady sing. Does Nancy Grace sing?

vCash
    I didn't see this posted yet - JR is going to be the Grand Marshall of the Tournament of Roses Parade.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Well, yeah, of course she goes home. I was thinking more of a live-in nanny!
    From what Nancy said, she's the one who spends all days with her twins from the time they wake up until she goes to work at 9 PM. If she doesn't have a nanny in addition to that, I'm sure she got one for the duration of DWTS. She's been rehearsing 7-8 hours a day every day and I think her husband has a full time job. Although he's in LA with her. But I definitely saw some woman with her kids in a rehearsal.

As for the show tonight. What a prick Len can be, seriously. It may be or not Nancy's last night, but there's no need to be so nasty. "Only cool kids get to go to the ball and you don't belong." It's like that high school shit they pulled with team captains and choosing people for the team dance. Thanks to Len's remark my sisters' two cats have now email accounts (I can't bring myself to telling her that, though ), along with a neighborhood feral cat and they all voted for Nancy. I soo hope she's going to last one more week just to be able to say "In your face, Len and producers." He gave Bristol 9s for god's sake and he thinks that with Rob and Hope still there Nancy doesn't belong? Let's face it, it's a poor season and those three are on the same poor level. And Ricki was as awful tonight, lead-footed if she moved her feet at all and getting completely lost in the routine at least 3 times. Rob got lost once and didn't do much between jumping. But he got 9s for that, why not.

Did Tristan dance around Nancy like a frenzied bumblebee to distract people from her shortcomings like Derek does with his partners when they don't deliver? No. He was trying to dance as a unit and help her. Isn't it what this competition is about anyway? We all know pro dancers can dance really well without their celebrities. It's about how well they can dance with and not around their celebrities.

Did Tristan blow up at Len like Maks after that nasty remark? No (although a part of me wished he did). Instead Nancy had a great comeback with "That's what the Wicked Witch said but Cinderella got her prince and got to stay at the ball" (or something close to it) Her comeback to Tristan was pretty good, too. "We're tired of each other so let's just get married."

Maks' "redemption footage" was so forced and so over the top it was hard to watch.

Tristan, if it's your time to go, it's your time to go (nooo... don't go). You've definitely earned your spot on the show times ten and I hope you'll get it.

Nancy, it is your partnership with Tristan that kept you as long as it has on the show. Be nasty to nasty people if you must, but give the guy a break. He's good people.

Len, maybe it is time to get out (© Maks), at least for a little while. You're past being a grumpy old man, you're a nasty old man. Bring Craig from Strictly in his place! At least he would tell everyone exactly what they did wrong, not just some people.

vCash
    I think tonight was a good example of proof of Maks' comments about people needing to be judged based on the same criteria. They praised hope's first dance, then nitpicked about Ricki - 'your shoulders lifted up once or twice' etc in her waltz. No, Ricki didn't deserve the same scores as JR (who I would have given a 28-29 for his waltz - didn't think it was quite a 30 with the part on his knee where his foot kept sliding around) but to nitpick over Ricki and then have 2 of the judges give her the same score as Hope in that round? If JR was 10s, then Ricki should have been 9s, then 8s for Rob, 7s for Hope and Nancy.

Hopes 9s were a 9 for her, but compared to the other 9s of the night? No way. In theory they are judging the stars against each other, not against their own performances, yet the scores do not reflect that.

JMHO.

ETA: I would love it if they had Carson take over for Tom for one episode so that Tom could sit in as a judge. I'd love to see his take on things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    I didn't see this posted yet - JR is going to be the Grand Marshall of the Tournament of Roses Parade.
    Fantastic! Another reason to enjoy the parade.
    He was wonderful last night.

Eh?
    vCash
    JR's a great dancer, but for some reason he's starting to get on my nerves...

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Loved JR last night. He really seemed to be having a blast and I'm glad he's getting to be the Grand Marshall!
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    That is absolutely fantastic!!! JR is a natural.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Our work-study is a vet and even though she's Navy and he's Army, she's pulling hard for JR. See, he even overrides inter-service rivalry!

(Reading his DWTS bio page...his soap character is named "Brot"? Is that a typo?)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I was on the phone during Ricki's dance. I watched it with the sound down. I thought she did pretty well and was surprised to see only one 10.... Was it worth three 10's?
    I was at a friend's house waiting to catch a bus, and he had it on with the sound off. I thought their dance was lovely. I had to leave just before JR's dance -- I hope the DVR was working while I was away.

Nancy and Ricki are looking fantastic, in such great shape!

Didn't someone tell Carrie Ann that Halloween was last week?
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    I won't be able to watch tonight, maybe that's a good thing. I don't want Nancy to go home because I want Tristan to stay. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right. (©TWoP)

If Nancy goes home, I hope Tristan will get some pro dances for the rest of the season. Keep the shirtless Val, bring back Tristan and Kym.

BTW, I just watched Strictly. Jennifer Grey was a guest judge (Len got a week off, it obviously didn't serve him well ) I didn't watch the DWTS season with her, except for single clips here and there and I thought she should have won. But now I'm beginning to understand people who couldn't stand her as a person, because just from that limited time when they let her speak when she was "judging" I found the woman insufferable. She was completely useless as a judge, too.

Does anyone know how much they pay the celebrities to be on the show? I read someone that someone (can't remember who but that person got eliminated pretty early) in the past got $700K. Holly molly. How much do they pay the dancers? Like Tom said (love him, BTW, he's so funny and quick-witted), Tristan deserves hazard pay.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast