Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hula-hooping with Michelle Obama
    Posts
    3,803
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33765

    Conrad Murray Found Guilty

    Live report....no articles yet
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

  2. #2
    gold dust woman
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,054
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  3. #3
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,564
    vCash
    875
    Rep Power
    76283
    Jury reaches verdict in involuntary manslaughter case against Michael Jackson's doctor

    Outside the courthouse, supporters and fans of Michael Jackson seemed to get word that the jury had reached a verdict. They started cheering and started chanting, "Guilty! Guilty!"
    Is there a standard amount of jail time that someone convicted of involuntary manslaugher will serve? Or can it vary on the case...and is the judge the one who decides on the length of time to serve?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,214
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Our local news said he could get jail time, probation, or house arrest.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,390
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4361
    Here's another article:

    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/451615...entertainment/

    California law provides a range of sentences, depending upon the presence (or absence) of mitigating or aggravating circumstances. The judge will make a determination as to the applicable factors and impose sentence. According to the article, sentencing date is Nov 29, with a potential maximum of four years.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    3,377
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Lindsay Lohan served 4 hours of a 30 day sentence due to over-crowding. I'm betting Dr. Feelgood doesn't get any jail time. Just probation. Here's hoping the story will just go away. I try to avoid all the celebrity-related court stuff, but can't seem to escape it.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,514
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7659
    Well, if he already remanded him to prison, and off he was taken, handcuffed and surprised, does that make a prison sentence more likely than probation or house arrest?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    Posts
    5,832
    vCash
    4511
    Rep Power
    9461
    Never mind. Ignore post. I should read links first.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,155
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    44806
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Well, if he already remanded him to prison, and off he was taken, handcuffed and surprised, does that make a prison sentence more likely than probation or house arrest?
    Not necessarily. The time he spends in custody will be counted as credit time served.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Top of Utah!!
    Age
    55
    Posts
    7,538
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17978
    Will he loose his license to practice medicine? Maybe he's already lost it?
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,214
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Will he loose his license to practice medicine? Maybe he's already lost it?
    Yes. He will no longer be able to practice (thank goodness!!!)

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southern CA
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,512
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Yes. He will no longer be able to practice (thank goodness!!!)
    Considering what MJ was paying him, he may not need to work.

    I suspect he'll do some time, seeing as he was trying to hide evidence of his guilt.

  13. #13
    Loving on babies!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Twin heaven!
    Posts
    11,724
    vCash
    1570
    Rep Power
    41476
    About effing time. I believe in the system of justice, but really, see no reason why a court trial should have been wasted on this loser. ANY doctor (or nurse, even) with a brain knows better than use Propofol, of all things, in a home setting with NO medical staff or equipment; to monitor closely ANY patient receiving the drug (in most hospitals, it is used only in OR, ER or ICU; we use it only in OR or ICU, on intubated/vented patients who are on all kinds of monitoring devices); and for feck's sake, knows when to start freaking CPR!! What a waste of oxygen this man is.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    About effing time. I believe in the system of justice, but really, see no reason why a court trial should have been wasted on this loser. ANY doctor (or nurse, even) with a brain knows better than use Propofol, of all things, in a home setting with NO medical staff or equipment; to monitor closely ANY patient receiving the drug (in most hospitals, it is used only in OR, ER or ICU; we use it only in OR or ICU, on intubated/vented patients who are on all kinds of monitoring devices); and for feck's sake, knows when to start freaking CPR!! What a waste of oxygen this man is.
    Agreed. However, we still have to go through the correct procedure, as per our constitution.

    His lawyer said they are going to appeal the decision. This man should never be allowed to treat a patient again. He has shown a complete lack of ethics & responsibility. I am glad he is going to serve at least some time in jail.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Havering-atte-Bower
    Posts
    3,483
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Considering what MJ was paying him, he may not need to work.
    Considering what Michael Jackson's income and earnings potential were, a wrongful death action brought on behalf of his children could wipe out whatever savings Murray has.

    As for the California medical license, it was suspended before trial and will almost certainly now be revoked. I have no idea whether Murray is licensed in other states.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    10,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33547
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    As for the California medical license, it was suspended before trial and will almost certainly now be revoked. I have no idea whether Murray is licensed in other states.
    He also had a license to practice in Nevada, which was suspended at the same time as his California one.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southern CA
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,512
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Considering what Michael Jackson's income and earnings potential were, a wrongful death action brought on behalf of his children could wipe out whatever savings Murray has.
    Considering those three are already worth hundreds of millions, I'm not sure how well that would go over with the public. They'd have to make it clear that anything they would get in a settlement would be donated to charity IMO.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Havering-atte-Bower
    Posts
    3,483
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Considering those three are already worth hundreds of millions, I'm not sure how well that would go over with the public. They'd have to make it clear that anything they would get in a settlement would be donated to charity IMO.
    They are all still minors. There's no way that their legal representative (most likely Michael Jackson's mother) could agree to that or that any court would approve it either, if it went to litigation. It's likely that any funds received would be kept in trust until the kids reached the age of eighteen, at which time the children could decide what to do with it.

    Yes, there might be a public relations problem, but, then again, the guy is responsible for their father's death! Why should he be able to hold on to any money he made from his star client?

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    2,218
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5633
    I don't see how a jury could have reached any other verdict. No, Murray did not have any intention of killing Michael Jackson (involuntary), he was Murray's jackpot. But, yes, Michael Jackson did die (manslaughter) due to the propofol that Murray obtained and administered.

    Murray should lose his license. Greed overrode all of his ethical and professional obligations and responsibilities.

    I will say, if it wasn't Murray, it would have been someone else. MJ would have found another doctor willing to do the same. Sad, but true.

    And the CPR thing still gets me. But I've seen many people fail in similar situations. I had 2 cardiac arrests in July. I was in a public place when the 1st one happened (the 2nd one happened at the hospital). Not one single person, including my husband, administered CPR. Wow, just wow. You never know. I can't believe I'm still here even able to write about this stuff.

    O-

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hula-hooping with Michelle Obama
    Posts
    3,803
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33765
    The thing that makes me the most angry about this case is Murray's obvious abuse of authority. How are you going to let an addict tell you what he wants and you acquiesce?

    Murray was greedy. He gave MJ enough drugs to kill an elephant before he even gave him the propofol. And, even after he gave him the fatal dosage he tried to cover it up. He didn't call for help....he called his effin' assistant before he called 911.

    And it really pissed me off to watch him while the verdict was being read. No remorse, no emotion, nothing. He just sat there looking like a complete and total ass.

    Murray was already in dire financial straits (he had to pay child support on 6 kids), so there isn't anything for anyone to collect. I hope he had malpractice insurance to pay for the civil suit that is coming.

    Murray had licenses to practice in TX, CA, NV and HI. CA has already been suspended. The other states are expected to follow suit.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •