Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    at Zac/Laurence u-turning a team that was already past them.

I can't believe I'm to see _______ eliminated.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    ((((sibs)))) Poor Jennifer.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Marcus is superhuman! There is no way.....eight people???!! Wow!
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I also can't believe I was sorry to see Justin and Jennifer go. Too bad she didn't go right back...wonder if killer fatigue struck there.

Wanna bet now that Cindy and Ernie u-turn next week it backfires on them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I'm not. At least 20 minutes late. I hate not being able to keep up with the thread during the show. It's not as fun reading and posting afterwards.
    Welcome to life for those of us on the west coast.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    Welcome to life for those of us on the west coast.
    at least we get to skip through all the posts about what time the show starts.

for cindy/ernie for spending too much time trying to find the u-turn spot and narrowly missing 1st place. It's not wrong that the Boarders gave it their all to win the footrace, but damn.

for Jennifer/Justin. I wonder just how long Jennifer stayed before heading back to the beginning - and didn't some teams come to the fich place while she was stopped? how did she not see Marcus at the least? I wonder if she got more lost than we saw and actually got to the fish guy later. Good for Justin for not getting hot about it, but I'm sad to see them go. I really liked them

to Marcus and Amani for coming back so strong this leg, especially after getting an extra challenge that was actually challenging.

to laurence/zac for U-Turning a team they had just seen leaving the u-turn stop

to ma and Pa for being AWESOME!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I said it a few weeks ago, but complete that the snowboarders are hoarding this entire season. It makes the season a lot more fun if multiple teams are winning legs, IMO. They're great racers, but it's like they're the hippies v2.0.

Good thinking on Ernie & Cindy to avoid the U-turn with their express pass, although such tough luck finding their next destination. That seemed like such a long distance on foot to the pit stop, and I believe we were shown Cindy with an inhaler earlier in the season? Certainly must have been tough on her.

Ma & Pa are amazing and all of the younger teams can learn from them, in what they said about not arguing or blaming and thus things just getting done faster.

That slide puzzle speed bump was just awful. I would have been pitching a fit over it and probably ended up wilting to the ground in tears. I HATE slide puzzles. They made up tons of time with both the roadblock and the detour, although they must have been beyond exhausted after that detour, my goodness.

Laurence is the biggest ass I have seen on TV in 2011.

The Invisibles are still invisible. I can barely even remember their bickering canoe ride.

Poor Jennifer, obviously the most logical thing to do would have been to just ride back and check the clue again (which obviously would have put her in the right place) but I'm wondering how much her brain was fried from traveling. Can't believe that after the first couple of episodes that I'd say that I'm sad to see them go, but I am.

Random: Papyrus font for the roadblock's on-screen graphics? Vom. iPads being used for the U-Turn? Awesome.

vCash
    I like slide puzzles and am pretty good at them, but given the exhaustion and the pressure of the race, I can imagine having a hard time with it

marcus impresses me - loved when they got to the bike thing and he said he's been training riding bikes with, what 80 pounds? in advance of the race. guess that's where being a former NFL player would really come in handy - he's probably used to giving himself heavy duty training regimens to prepare for a season. I can't imagine how exhausting it must have been to carry all those people through the water And Amani was no slouch, carrying all the furniture. great teamwork.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I like slide puzzles and am pretty good at them, but given the exhaustion and the pressure of the race, I can imagine having a hard time with it

marcus impresses me - loved when they got to the bike thing and he said he's been training riding bikes with, what 80 pounds? in advance of the race. guess that's where being a former NFL player would really come in handy - he's probably used to giving himself heavy duty training regimens to prepare for a season. I can't imagine how exhausting it must have been to carry all those people through the water And Amani was no slouch, carrying all the furniture. great teamwork.
    NFL and Ma and Pa continue to impress me with their teamwork. They work so well together and they all have a lot of patience. I'm rooting for both of them to get to the end.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I heart Ma and Pa. I would love for them to somehow win.

vCash
    Me too. I'm just hoping that the next couple tasks don't come down to foot races that favor the Young & Spry.
    "You just can't underestimate the power of positive underwear." 2013 Fruit of the Loom ad

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I really hope the Boarders and NFL make it to the finals. I'd be happy with either Ma/Pa or Ern/Cin being the 3rd couple. I don't mind Zac at all. It's his dad that is the jerk. Zac actually seems like a nice kid. However, it will the ultimate hoot if the Invisibles make the finals after being invisible the entire show.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Phil tweeted something about wanting Zac to yell back at his dad. He's also mentioned in the past that you really can't comprehend how exhaustion takes its toll and makes you do things that just seem silly.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Phil tweeted something about wanting Zac to yell back at his dad.
    I understand that feeling... especially when Zac has been correct 99% of the time that they've had disagreements.

Some of these legs this season have had some really difficult physical challenges. My friend and I like to imagine being a team and how it would go if we had to perform some of these tasks. The season when they had to identify classical music pieces, speed skate, and ride snow mobiles would've been such a snap for us because we are both skaters and love winter activities. However, neither of us are particularly strong swimmers and we're not exactly the size of Marcus, so a detour like last night, or the one where they had to plant coral, would've been very hard for us. I think the beach umbrella and tobacco carting tasks were pretty physically demanding, too.

Considering all of that, hats off to Ma and Pa! They've come through most of these tasks without so much as a heavy sigh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I heart Ma and Pa. I would love for them to somehow win.
    This please!

They're so inspiring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    I said it a few weeks ago, but complete that the snowboarders are hoarding this entire season. It makes the season a lot more fun if multiple teams are winning legs, IMO. They're great racers, but it's like they're the hippies v2.0.
    Oh, bless your gentle composition. The Frats had more leg wins than the Hippies in TAR9 (albeit not the one that counted ... curse you flags!). I think you mean Meghan and Cheyney, who won all but about three legs in their season. I don't have any problem at all with the Boarders winning these legs, especially since they are fully crediting two of those wins being due to others receiving penalties.

I'm sure that the same tiresome twelvepack of "Alpha Males are the bane of all existence" Sucksters are boohooing this seeming dominance. Their inner turmoil makes me smile.

Ma & Pa are amazing and all of the younger teams can learn from them, in what they said about not arguing or blaming and thus things just getting done faster.
    For real! I am awed by these two, and they've joined BJ & Tyler (speaking of which) and the Cowboys as my alltimers.

For weeks, I've been "ooh, I don't know"ing those who've picked Ma & Pa in the Suicide game. Heck, I'd pick them now ... even this late in the game.

The Invisibles are still invisible. I can barely even remember their bickering canoe ride
    They had a marked increase in airtime last night, but I cannot recall a single thing they said or did (besides that they bickered a bit in the canoe).

vCash
    I just recall that Sandy pointed out how bad ma and pa keep whipping their butts, both in the tasks and their overall demeanor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    I don't have any problem at all with the Boarders winning these legs, especially since they are fully crediting two of those wins being due to others receiving penalties.

I'm sure that the same tiresome twelvepack of "Alpha Males are the bane of all existence" Sucksters are boohooing this seeming dominance. Their inner turmoil makes me smile.

Yeah! Social Darwinism!
    So far this is one of the few reality game shows where people win on merrit.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Or luck.

vCash
    One could argue that this last episode was one of the ones where the Sucksters would have a point. It was very physical, and definitely to the advantage of two male athletes in the prime-of-life. A season full of these would give the boy-boy combos a huge advantage, ala the franchise's first four male-dominated seasons.

OTOH, Ma & Pa handled those muscle challenges like a mall stroll, so ... er, I'm right back to :HA: those overreacting Sucksters and other bemoaning Internet wuzrobbers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast