Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    Re-registered User
    vCash

Once Upon a Time

Is anyone watching tonight, with bated breath, like I am.

I'll spoiler my comments, in case someone who can't watch yet opens the thread.

Spoiler

vCash
    Are you already watching it?

I panicked when I read your post because I thought I had missed it. The time change made me think it was later but it will be on in about 10 minutes here.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I'm in the Atlantic time zone, so I sometimes get shows an hour earlier. It was a great episode. I really enjoy the slow reveal of the enchanted story, intertwined with the modern day story. I like the differing camera work/colours for the two eras. My son is not too impressed with the CGA but I don't find it distracting.

More spoilers-

Spoiler

vCash
    I'm watching . And I'm marking it down as watched in my Nielsen Diary, so it's a point toward keeping it here.

vCash
    Oh shoot, I had it on the wrong channel and missed the first few minutes. DUH. I've been looking forward to this one, too. The show's been only so-so thus far, IMO, but this ep looks good.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I watch it on time shift so I can everything in.
    6 pm is this show
    7 is Battle of the Blades
    8 is Amazing Race
    9 is Good Wife

Normally I'd start it all an hour later but since the stupid time change took place last evening, my body is still on "old time" and finishing up at the new 10 is like finishing at the "old" 11 for me.

Really enjoying how to interweave between the two timelines. And how cool is it that Ms Swan is rooming with "her mother" (at least I think I've got that relationship correct?)
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I really liked that. Especially the way Prince Charming got his name.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I love this show so much. That is all.

vCash
    This is a great show. I'm loving it, which surprises me a bit.

vCash
    Great episode. Is Prince Charming's fiancee in real fairy tale?

This show would fall so flat if PC and SW had no chemistry. Thankfully, they do. And James is smokin' in that tight leather vest. I also think Mary Margaret and Emma have a chemistry. I loved the quiet ending.

vCash
    I think this was my favourite episode yet. Agreed with those who said that the flashbacks were really well integrated this episode - it seemed to flow better between the two world's than the previous two.

In a relatively short amount of time they managed to totally sell me on the romance between Snow White and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin have terrific chemistry), to the point where I was kind of devastated when his "wife" showed up. I'm curious to find out whether she's really his wife or not - while I'm obviously hoping she isn't, I can't help but think it might be more interesting if she is. Liked that they took turns saving each other too, and that Snow White isn't just a typical damsel in distress here. Even though it was kind of cheesy and predictable, I even loved the scene with her "kissing" him awake.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    This show is much better than I thought it would be, and I think it's the acting as well as the writing. The premise made me but I admit I'm getting hooked.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Like the show...like that the first three "starring" are women--I'm so used to seeing shows that list several guys and maybe one or two girls in supporting roles. And I feel old as I remember Ginnifer Goodwin as a very nerdy teenager in "Ed." If you would have told me then she would be Snow White I would have been shocked. But she is luminous.

vCash
    I find it quite interesting that diabolical momma names the son she "found" none other than Henry. The very name of the loved one she had to kill to get the power she wanted - the heart of her own dad!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I was so skeptical at first when I heard about this show; I only checked it out because it's from the creators/writers of LOST, and I wanted to see what they came up with next. Each episode has been stronger than the last so far, IMO. Last night's episode was fantastic, and I already cannot wait to see what happens next week!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Each episode has been stronger than the last so far, IMO.
    I agree. I hope the trend keeps up and that it was just an issue of the writers and actors getting more comfortable with their characters and story lines.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    Yep I agree that it only keeps getting better. So far miss mayor(evil witch) is keeping up her facade well.

I hope this is getting great ratings and will be around for a while.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm not sure if the show I watched last night was the latest one or the previous week's, because I thought I had missed an episode, but last night's seemed to pick up after the pilot.

Anyway, I really like the show. I know several reviewers have said Grimm is the better show, but I think they're different enough to stand on their own - and I really like Once Upon a Time. All the actors are great (I'm a big fan of Lana Parilla), and the setting reminds me of shows like Persons Unknown or even Happy Town (stop rolling your eyes Peter G!!!). I really hope this one sticks around.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I know several reviewers have said Grimm is the better show,
    Really? Weird - I haven't watched Grimm, so I wouldn't know, but just about every review that I saw that compared the two shows said this one was better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I'm not sure if the show I watched last night was the latest one or the previous week's, because I thought I had missed an episode, but last night's seemed to pick up after the pilot.
    They aired two episodes last night - a repeat of last week's episode followed by the new one for this week. Maybe you caught the first but not the second.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast