Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Hanyu was totally awesome, I'm grateful there's someone who has such excellent skating skills PLUS the passion and musicality to knock Chan off his golden throne. I REALLY enjoyed his long porgram, I hope Bestemianova and Bobrin continue to do his choreography

vCash
    Whoohoo, such a big skate (if I can say so )! Really glad for him - he was the third guy whom I really, really wanted to do well at those championships - after Dai (good skates as well - and also a good place ) and Jeremy (not so good skates and placing ). But I truly didn't expect a podium finish with so many great and more experienced skaters in that competition. So, it would have been a double joy, if not for Jeremy who could have been on the podium, if he had skated as he did at the USA Nationals. But huge congratulations to Yuzuru anyway ! That really was the skate of the day (not of the night - that belongs to Carolina ).

vCash
    My first time seeing him and I hope not the last. I'll be watching. He is something very special. He had me teary-eyed today with his absolute exhaustion and emotion. It's why you love skating, for those moments. Loved that he got a medal and the way he was when he came out to step onto the podium was too cute. I think Dai and Patrick got a kick out of him too. It was a great podium I love all 3, they are all so special and so supremely talented.

vCash
    Congrats Hanyu. You skated brilliantly. I am sure we will be seeing you more in the international scene. You are so talented and cute!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I just watched the World's medal ceremony- and he is so fantastic! His excitement is just contagious.
    Oh oh isn't he CUTE!!

vCash
    Yuzuru, your journey from last year earthquake to today podium touch my heart.

Travel six hours to practise after you rink is damage, dealing with sadness and tragedy, attend show to get ice time.

You are incredible skater but better human being.

vCash
    This young man pours his soul into his skates- which is why every once in awhile you'll see him splat on simple footwork because he's so into the music and the performance... He's special!

Also, I've loved the Baz Luhrman Romeo and Juliet soundtrack for a long, long time but no one has ever done justice to it in a skating performance. Not only has his choreographic team found the perfect edit to that music but he has both the power and the tender youthfulness to really bring it to life. Just amazing.

I also love his Justin Bieber exhibition- too cute!

I look forward to watching more of his skating in the future.
    Last edited by missysays; 04-01-2012 at 07:47 AM.

vCash
    His tears at Worlds were so touching. Very cute !

vCash
    If anyone haven't seen; Hanyu gala at DOI 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4YtnB1VGfc&feature=

What happen to his jump? His 3A air position is never this bad and he enter it with no transition; so different than last year.

His height in other jump is not so good too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justAfsfan View Post
    If anyone haven't seen; Hanyu gala at DOI 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4YtnB1VGfc&feature=

What happen to his jump? His 3A air position is never this bad and he enter it with no transition; so different than last year.

His height in other jump is not so good too.
    OMG what happend to Hanyu? Is he still injured?

vCash
    ((Hanyu)) His falls tend to look so painful, and he's such a slight figure on the ice, it's not a wonder people gasp as they do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234