Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Watch me move
    vCash

Detroit Lions Fans Sign Petition Against Nickelback Halftime Show

Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    This from the city that decorated the freeway to make it more inviting for the Super Bowl...
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    The entire Detroit area has gone to hell in a handbasket over these past couple of years and people are signing petitions to stop a band from playing a halftime show. Stupid...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    The entire Detroit area has gone to hell in a handbasket over these past couple of years and people are signing petitions to stop a band from playing a halftime show. Stupid...
    I would be inclined to agree with you, but it is Nickelback....

vCash
    I'm originally from about 20 miles away from where Nickelback grew up and I'd sign the petition if I was from there... Seriously... Chad Kroeger looks like he hasn't washed his hair in about 20 years...
    Kyle

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    What, every single musical performer who's actually from/connected to Detroit was booked?

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    OK, I'm hopelessly uncool, but I like a few of their songs. What's the big problem with this band?
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    OK, I'm hopelessly uncool, but I like a few of their songs. What's the big problem with this band?
    1) Their songs are overproduced
    2) Their songs have terrible lyrics
    3) Their songs are completely unoriginal
    4) Chad Kroeger is an egotistical tool
    5) The other guys in the band are completely anonymous [which for them is maybe a good thing ]
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    I'm originally from about 20 miles away from where Nickelback grew up and I'd sign the petition if I was from there... Seriously... Chad Kroeger looks like he hasn't washed his hair in about 20 years...
    True, but Kid Rock is a local hero in the D, so cleanliness is clearly not the only issue.

Dirty hair AND crappy music though? Hasn't Detroit been put through enough the past few years?

vCash
    6) Chad Kroeger sounds like he has nearly lost his voice and is passing a kidney stone when he "sings".

vCash
    7. This kind of goes with #3, bu to elaborate every song of theirs is pretty much identical in chord structure to all their other stuff. It's basically just the same song with different lyrics, over and over again.

vCash
    You've all just described a good portion of anything played on the radio. What makes Nickleback so much more cringe worthy?
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    That's true, and I expected that. But somehow it's just so much worse. On the radio you can hear two songs and even if they have the same general chords, they don't sound as identical as anything Nickleback produces. Like, listen to 'Someday' and 'How You Remind Me'. It's the same song. And one of them wasn't just a throwaway track on an album - it's the same song and yet both were singles.

Also, Chad Kroger has the 2nd worse voice in rock music, surpassed only by that guy from Creed. But luckily I don't think Creed exists anymore, or at least I haven't heard anything from them in like a decade. Please don't correct me if I'm wrong

And there are lots of bad lyrics out there, but their lyrics are bad consistently. The line, "these five words in my head scream 'are we having fun yet'" has been bothering me on so many levels since I first heard that song when I was, I don't know, 10?? Primarily because the song was the most played radio song of the 00's.

And before somebody questions my dedication, my roommate of last year loved Nickelback. It was horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    T

And there are lots of bad lyrics out there, but their lyrics are bad consistently. The line, "these five words in my head scream 'are we having fun yet'" has been bothering me on so many levels since I first heard that song when I was, I don't know, 10?? Primarily because the song was the most played radio song of the 00's.

And before somebody questions my dedication, my roommate of last year loved Nickelback. It was horrible.
    I'm not sure that is as bad as the entire song "Photograph" with the complex and meaningful lyric: "oh, oh, oh God I" repeated multiple times. What does that even mean?

That song was on every end of year senior video after it came out. And its charming lyrics about not graduating and having a criminal record for breaking and entering at the high school made it so very appropriate for that.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    You've all just described a good portion of anything played on the radio. What makes Nickleback so much more cringe worthy?
    IMHO that they got a big push and big support from record companies and radio when there are so many better acts that get blown off for not being interesting enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I can't stand Nickleback, but I also can't stand Linkin Park, Hinder, 3 Doors Down, Kid Rock, Papa Roach, Staind, 30 Seconds to Mars and the list goes on. I think those bands are equally cringe-worthy, but I guess Nickleback has kind of become a symbol for those bands.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I can't stand Nickleback, but I also can't stand Linkin Park, Hinder, 3 Doors Down, Kid Rock, Papa Roach, Staind, 30 Seconds to Mars and the list goes on. I think those bands are equally cringe-worthy, but I guess Nickleback has kind of become a symbol for those bands.
    See, I LIKE Linkin Park, Hinder, 3 Doors and Staind from time to time. Sometimes boy rock is just what I need working out or driving. Ergo Nickelback doesn't bother me, but I checked and I only own two of their songs.
    Last edited by PRlady; 11-06-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I'll sign a petition to get Bob Seger sing instead! (or Kid Rock, Nuge, Eminem, anyone but...)
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Somehow, I'd never think of Nickelback and Papa Roach in the same sentence.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    Somehow, I'd never think of Nickelback and Papa Roach in the same sentence.
    I find them equally corny, just in different ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast