vCash

Ricky Gervais a Golden Globes Host again?!

According to The Hollywood Reporter and other media, it looks like Ricky Gervais is about to return to the coming Golden Globes as the host.

Gervais' last year fearless performance as host made a lot of headlines, since he managed to almost everybody in the movie industry.
    But his performance attracted lots of rating and therefore NBC & the Hollywood Foreign Press Association asked him to return for a third year as master of ceremonies.

Gervais responde to these news (by tweeting): "Ooooooh! The plot thickens... Thoughts?"

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Oh, happy joy .
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i thought he was hysterical
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I thought he was really funny, too. And, at the very least, it made an award ceremony interesting.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    I love him...and would love if he hosted again.

vCash
    I thought he was hilarious. Award shows are way more interesting when they have a little bit of a roast atmosphere thrown in.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Somehow (don't ask - I have no excuse as to why other than it's late and I'm sleep-deproved) I managed to get Ricky Gervais confused with Russell Brand, the latter of whom I thought was the one being discussed about hosting the GGs.

I'm not all that fond of Ricky Gervais, but eh, they could do a lot worse (of course, they could do a lot better, too ).

If I had my wish, NPH and Hugh Jackman would Co-Host all award shows from here on out.

ETA: Jackman. Hugh Jackman. NOT Hugh Grant .
    Last edited by Cyn; 11-04-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: because there's a big difference between Hugh Grant and Hugh Jackman
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Can we add Hugh Jackman to that list? I still think he should have been partnered with Anne Hathaway for the Oscars and it would have been

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    I loved Gervais at the last Golden Globes and would love to see him again. James Franco and Anne Hathaway's dull Oscar hosting performance reminded me of how fun Gervais was. I wouldn't mind Neil Patrick Harris either. Hugh Jackman is good for the Tony Awards, but I didn't like him as Oscar host. I thought a lot of his material was dated.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    I thought he was hilarious as well. Although I have to say I am surprised they would invite him back.

Eddie Murphy will be hosting the Oscars this year. That could either be brilliant or a total wreck...but it will have to be better than Franco and Hathaway.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    Can we add Hugh Jackman to that list? I still think he should have been partnered with Anne Hathaway for the Oscars and it would have been
    I know, that would've been awesome. I thought Hathaway would've been just fine as the host without James Franco to drag her down.