Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Tribute to the Beatles on Ice

Hey all, in case anyone is interested (and tired of watching football) - this show airs on Sunday at 4pm EST on NBC. Check your local listings in other time zones. Sarah Hughes will be on the Today Show tomorrow (Friday) and Todd E. will be on on Saturday to skate and promote the show. I do think this one will be worth watching! Skating is what got me into Beatles music (SOI finale, maybe 1998/1999?). I'll never witness the Beatles live, so this is the next best thing.

vCash
    Looking forward to this one, as I love Beatles' music and the skating cast. We saw the show "Rain" live during the national tour last year, and it was fantastic. I just hope, as always, that Disson/NBC will use some common sense and present this show in a balanced way. I don't want to see skaters get "chacked" & treated as afterthoughts.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks for the info! I sure wish I had a way to record this. I'm hoping someone will upload some of the performances on YouTube.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Todd was just on the Today show. He skated to "When I'm 64!" Absolutely charming!

moving right along
    vCash
    I'm watching this now. Have to say, skatingwise, the opening number seemed totally lame.

vCash
    My hubby is really enjoying the music...wish I was enjoying the skating more. So far the choreography is just lame. It sucks that this is the best TV has to offer skating fans these days.

vCash
    Is Sarah contractually unable to jump???
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Klaatu Barada Nikto
    vCash
    I am enjoying it since I have not seen many of these skaters in a long time.
    Thanks for the heads up since I was totally preoccupied before it came on.
    Ask me about Marketing Pond for free cash.

vCash
    True about Hughes.

Bradley did a good backflip.

Boitano and Eldredge do some respectable jumps.

The Kerr's are coming up.

These Beatles are hilarious.

vCash
    Yay, Naomi & Peter.

Feels like forever since I've seen them.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Yay, Naomi & Peter.

Feels like forever since I've seen them.

vCash
    If Naomi had been able to cut loose like this when they were competing, they would have been world champions. Nothing like living a life to add depth to your expression!

Lovin all the dancers.
    Yikes, Ryan almost back-flipped into the lights.

Rain is better in person, because a little distance from the stage adds to the illusion--close ups break the illusion. Great sound, though!

vCash
    I enjoyed the music blast from the past. Nice to see Todd, Kerrs, Naomi and Peter, Brian and Yuka.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nashvilledancer View Post
    If Naomi had been able to cut loose like this when they were competing, they would have been world champions. Nothing like living a life to add depth to your expression!

Lovin all the dancers.
    Yikes, Ryan almost back-flipped into the lights.

Rain is better in person, because a little distance from the stage adds to the illusion--close ups break the illusion. Great sound, though!
    I had the same thought. Bright lights and close ups don't do them any favors.
    But even thought they don't look much like the Beatles, they sure sing like them and I always enjoy listening to them. Good thing cause the skating was not so exciting. IMO BB made the younger ones look boring. And who is Shae Lynn married to now? That wasn't Nicky! Oh, and Todd got a divorce?

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    So those guys in the band, did they like have plastic surgery to make themselves look a little bit like the real guys, or do they just have really good makeup artists. I'm not saying they look "exactly" like the real guys, but a couple of them were close enough to pass for brothers.

At least I think they do. But then again, I was never a Beatles fan so maybe I don't really know what they look like.

vCash
    I thought this was one of the better skating shows in recent years. If people prefer a more straightforward skating show, there was that oh-so artistically stimulating gala over at Cup of China.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roxynova View Post
    Hey all, in case anyone is interested (and tired of watching football) - this show airs on Sunday at 4pm EST on NBC. Check your local listings in other time zones. Sarah Hughes will be on the Today Show tomorrow (Friday) and Todd E. will be on on Saturday to skate and promote the show. I do think this one will be worth watching! Skating is what got me into Beatles music (SOI finale, maybe 1998/1999?). I'll never witness the Beatles live, so this is the next best thing.
    Geez Louise. I love skating and all things Beatles and I FORGOT TO RECORD THIS! Oh well.

vCash
    How lame is this, a Beatles cover act from some jukebox musical?
    Couldn't watch.
    Glad for all the skaters getting some exhibition and commercial hotel and jewelry shilling work, but they must be running out of pop country EZ listening acts to stand at end of rink and lip sync.

vCash
    I've seen Rain live and they don't lip synch. They sound amazingly similar to the Beatles. As for their looks, other than "Paul" I don't really see much resemblance, except for the wigs, glasses, hats, costumes, etc. But that's besides the point, because they are possibly the best imitation Beatles group out there. I did wish they would have kept the camera on the skaters more than the singers...but what else is new. I enjoyed seeing the skaters who haven't been around in a while!

vCash
    Check out our local Beatles tribute band (am I allowed to post this link?):

http://tictoride.com/ (or search Ticket To Ride, Dayton, OH)

They are fantastic. "Ringo" went to my high school and still lives in Miamisburg - across the street from my best friend from grade school.

They might not look exactly like the Beatles completely up close, but on stage in a bar with the lights and all, it's amazing. They even have so many mannerisms down - like "John" chewing gum while singing. Later in the show, they change to the Sgt. Pepper costumes and "John" has on wire rims.

(Now I have to go check their schedule!!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast