Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The only thing Sarah Hughes should be on is all time shocker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    Sarah Hughes? I don't think she's even one of the top ten American ladies of all time. PJ Kwong is officialy a hack!
    Yeah, she lost all credibility in my mind when I saw Sarah Hughes on the list.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Was she using performance or skater? If she included Sarah's performance, I don't know how Tara could be left off of the list.

vCash
    Hughes above Kwan???? Really????
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    No Arakawa?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    Hughes? Really?

Well, that's her list I guess! Only 2 on this list (Kwan and Ito) would make my list. I think...
    Totally agree with you on Hughes. I think that most US fans(I'm one of them) would be dismayed at her absolute and relative placement on this list. In today's environment, she would be consistently dinged for under-rotated jumps and edge calls. At the Olympics, she got lucky. To place her above Michelle Kwan and nine time US champion (not a cake walk; at the time, this was IMO one of the most difficult competitions in the world) and five time world champion.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Hughes above Kwan???? Really????
    Hughes on the list, period, is the question, as well as Janet Lynn being left off the list. It's like placing Evan Lysacek on the list ahead of Brian Boitano and completely leaving off John Curry. Seriously, WTF?!

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    It's her personal list of who she would choose and how she would place them if she were a judge. And she invites you to agree or disagree with your comments. It's a bit of fun. Some of you seriously need to lay off the lemons and lighten up.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    It's her personal list of who she would choose and how she would place them if she were a judge. And she invites you to agree or disagree with your comments. It's a bit of fun. Some of you seriously need to lay off the lemons and lighten up.
    Soo... We're invited to disagree, and when we do, we're belittled for our opinions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Why would she publish her personal list if she didn't want people to discuss it?
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Sarah Hughes is on the list because her father is a Canadian citizen, and Sarah herself holds a Canadian passport. Tara Lipinski doesn't have a Canadian connection.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Soo... We're invited to disagree, and when we do, we're belittled for our opinions?
    I said some people.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Why would she publish her personal list if she didn't want people to discuss it?
    Where did I say she didn't want you to discuss it? She specifically invites you to do so in the article. I gave my two cents on some posts here that went the usually route.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    No Arakawa?
    What's with the ? Not surprising at all.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I would have included Peggy, Kristi or Tara instead of Hughes.
    Yes, or Irina, Mao, Shizuka. Maybe even Sasha. Probably one of those instead of Liz Manley too. If this were the Top 10 Surprising Moments in Ladies Figure Skating, I might have Sarah or Liz high on the list.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Yes, or Irina, Mao, Shizuka. Maybe even Sasha. Probably one of those instead of Liz Manley too. If this were the Top 10 Surprising Moments in Ladies Figure Skating, I might have Sarah or Liz high on the list.
    Or, if it were Top 10 Canadian Connections ... although that would mean kicking Henie off the list, in favor of Rochetee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Hughes on the list, period, is the question, as well as Janet Lynn being left off the list. It's like placing Evan Lysacek on the list ahead of Brian Boitano and completely leaving off John Curry. Seriously, WTF?!
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    Hughes

vCash
    I think the "Hughes" point is that she looked at this from the POV of winning a single competition, and Sarah certainly did put it out there when needed at the biggest comp ever, so I can understand why she'd be there even though she's way out of my top 10.

I submitted a comment with my top 10, waiting for it top be moderated. They were: Kwan, Henie, Lynn, Kim, Ito, Fleming, Hamill, Witt, Yamaguchi, Schuba (before you think I'm crazy, I put Schuba in there because of figures; they are the entire basis for the sport itself, and she was the best).
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    I think the "Hughes" point is that she looked at this from the POV of winning a single competition, and Sarah certainly did put it out there when needed at the biggest comp ever, so I can understand why she'd be there even though she's way out of my top 10.

I submitted a comment with my top 10, waiting for it top be moderated. They were: Kwan, Henie, Lynn, Kim, Ito, Fleming, Hamill, Witt, Yamaguchi, Schuba (before you think I'm crazy, I put Schuba in there because of figures; they are the entire basis for the sport itself, and she was the best).
    i totally agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    actually, what she said was...
    A perfect performances when it counts is very rare in skating, but Hughes delivered one of them on that special night in Salt Lake City, where the stars were aligned and she owned the event. Never happened again for her.
    which is IMHO complete and utter nonsense making her look stupid.

Does she seriously think Hughes "owned the event" in SLC in a way that Tara failed to in 98, or Kristi failed to in 92, or Janet failed to in 72 or Peggy failed to in 68, etc..?

her reasoning for Hughes could be said for almost everyone of the other 9 on the list, but not the other way around.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast