Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I cannot believe I am weighing in on this, but... Do the DNA test, get ruled out and sue her. Who cares that she has no money? She will be working at McDs and half of her paycheck will go to Bieber. It will teach her and everyone a lesson.
    I too can't believe I'm weighing in, but the problem I see with this, is that it will hurt the child. If the suit could specify that the awarded amount be put in an education fund for the child, that would be great. I'm sure that isn't possible so I'm not sure how taking money from the mother is going to improve the situation.
    I do agree they should do the test to prove JB is not the father - just on principle.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    you can't get blood from a stone, i think he is right to sue her but she appears to own nothing but a bunch of face piercings

if she made any money from interviews, i'm happy with her losing it. she had no right to it in the first place.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    There are reports he took a DNA test on Friday and have told her people to have the baby tested. Just google Beiber/DNA test and you´ll get hits.

I think they should sue to make a point. Maybe they can sue her for any future earnings she tries to make off this story. That way he isn't seen taking from her money she doesn't have but making sure she doesn't profit from this lie.(alledgedly ;D)
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    Why make the kid suffer by suing the mother? I know what she did is awful (if Trystan isn't Justin's), but it'll effect his life more than his mother, down the road.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    He has no choice to sue or this sends out the message that anyone can make up ANY story about a celebrity in order to sell it to the tabloids, even if the story could be very damaging to the celebrity's reputation. He doesn't have to sue her for any money she had but he can sue her for any cent she made off of selling this story and the suit can ban her from making any money off of this in the future.

You simply can't go around doing this and you don't get a free pass because you have a child. Sure, the child will suffer if the mother is broke but the mother is responsible for her child and she made this decision. She can't get away with murder just because it means her child will have to be raised by someone else.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    The mother was broke before the story so if she remains broke afterwards nothing changes. She isn't the first teenage mother living on welfare and won't be the last. Sad but it's the reality she and the baby daddy created. If Beiber is completely innocent here then he does need to set a precedent to any others out there who might be thinking this is a good way to help pay their bills. She didn't just leave it at "he's the father of my baby", she went on to say more explicit details. Stupid to say all that if she knows it was all false because it would have just pissed them off even more.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    She should be charged with fraud. If she gets away with this then others will try this or similar stunts for money. There is a case in court right now where a woman faked having cancer to get money from donations. All these people should face some sort of charge.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

DoneIt
    vCash
    Could some guy have pretended to be Justin Bieber and had sex with the woman? Maybe he looked an awful like Justin and took advantage of that? She seemed almost believable on TV )except when she started with the fake crying).

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SceneIt View Post
    Could some guy have pretended to be Justin Bieber and had sex with the woman? Maybe he looked an awful like Justin and took advantage of that? She seemed almost believable on TV )except when she started with the fake crying).
    i thought most of the people who looked like bieber were lesbians?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I doubt that, but the woman seems so delusional that it's possible she had an encounter of some kind with a roadie or someone else backstage, and in an effort to convince others it was Bieber, has even convinced herself. Or, as I speculated earlier, she did meet him - there's a picture I think, no? - and has taken her fantasy and lies to the point that she now actually believes it herself.

Although, according to the TMZ article linked above, since she named Bieber, she tried to get a friend to delete text messages in which she said it was someone else.

vCash
    I"m not sure if suing the woman would do any good whatsoever. First, if she is delusional, it won't change anything. Second, I don't think it will deter any others. I've represented enough criminals on appeal to learn that they usually think "it won't happen to me".

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    I"m not sure if suing the woman would do any good whatsoever. First, if she is delusional, it won't change anything. Second, I don't think it will deter any others. I've represented enough criminals on appeal to learn that they usually think "it won't happen to me".
    I think it could, as well as serve another important objective.

First, it's one thing to find some shady lawyer who will represent you for free for the publicity and the chance at a payoff, and to make some cash with the tabloids and enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. Being countersued, having to appear in court and having to spend money on defense is entirely different - it might be just the sobering reality that will stop others from doing this to Bieber and other celebrities in future. Plus, it would force her to admit that she was wrong, and for serial liars, that's no fun.

Second, by officially closing the case with the DNA test and a countersuit, Bieber puts it on the record that he is not this baby's father. Without firm action on his part, there would always be the rumour or assumption that the case went away because he paid her off. Even if she makes a statement conceding that it was a lie, that little nugget might be missed by many, and in years to come, it would likely come up over and over, with fresh speculation each time that he is the father, and that he paid her off.

Look at Prince Harry after all - the claim that he is not Prince Charles' son has been refuted many times over the years, and yet it still comes up again and again. The palace has good reason not to allowing DNA testing of the Royal Family, but at the same time, lack of concrete "proof" means that rumour will never fully die.

This is all assuming that the DNA test clears Bieber of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I think it could, as well as serve another important objective.

First, it's one thing to find some shady lawyer who will represent you for free for the publicity and the chance at a payoff, and to make some cash with the tabloids and enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. Being countersued, having to appear in court and having to spend money on defense is entirely different - it might be just the sobering reality that will stop others from doing this to Bieber and other celebrities in future. Plus, it would force her to admit that she was wrong, and for serial liars, that's no fun.

Second, by officially closing the case with the DNA test and a countersuit, Bieber puts it on the record that he is not this baby's father. Without firm action on his part, there would always be the rumour or assumption that the case went away because he paid her off. Even if she makes a statement conceding that it was a lie, that little nugget might be missed by many, and in years to come, it would likely come up over and over, with fresh speculation each time that he is the father, and that he paid her off.

Look at Prince Harry after all - the claim that he is not Prince Charles' son has been refuted many times over the years, and yet it still comes up again and again. The palace has good reason not to allowing DNA testing of the Royal Family, but at the same time, lack of concrete "proof" means that rumour will never fully die.

This is all assuming that the DNA test clears Bieber of course.
    Why do you think the DNA test alone, without any lawsuits, might be enough in the case of Prince Harry (if the palace allowed it), but would not be enough for Bieber? I would think, if the DNA testing clears Bieber,it would stop any further comments about this incident, whether he sues or not ... but those who want to hold him responsible will claim that he got the lab to "fix" the results, again, whether he sues or not.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    Why do you think the DNA test alone, without any lawsuits, might be enough in the case of Prince Harry (if the palace allowed it), but would not be enough for Bieber? I would think, if the DNA testing clears Bieber,it would stop any further comments about this incident, whether he sues or not ... but those who want to hold him responsible will claim that he got the lab to "fix" the results, again, whether he sues or not.
    Because nobody is suing Prince Harry. If Bieber doesn't handle this decisively, it leave the door wide open for people to attempt to cash in on his wealth and fame for the rest of his life, perhaps even beyond that if he leaves behind a large estate. His people have said from the start that if they countersue, it's about sending a strong message to all who might consider attempting anything like this in the future.

Similarly, if the DNA results were contested, the fact that he's willing to go through a countersuit that could involve intense scrutiny of the process and possible additional testing says that he feels very strong in his position and is ready to have the testing disputed.

vCash
    I can understand why Bieber is being advised to take some kind of action. Unfortunately it has become part of the U.S. culture to reward liars, hos, creeps, and cheaters ... as long as they are interesting, compelling, or make people watch (Kim Kardashian anyone? ... even Casey Anthony, to some extent). Everyone is looking for their 15 minutes and the temporary infusion of cash that comes with it. Sad, but true. If I were Bieber, I would want to make sure I proved myself to be an undesirable target.

O-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I cannot believe I am weighing in on this, but... Do the DNA test, get ruled out and sue her. Who cares that she has no money? She will be working at McDs and half of her paycheck will go to Bieber. It will teach her and everyone a lesson.
    Pros of suing her: Will demonstrate that Bieber is not an easy mark and that his team will punish anyone who attempts to blackmail or slander him.

Cons of suing her: Potential embarassment if Bieber isn't as squeaky clean as his handlers would have us believe. His sex life, any drug use or drinking, bratty behavior, etc. would be put under a microscope and become tabloid fodder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Pros of suing her: Will demonstrate that Bieber is not an easy mark and that his team will punish anyone who attempts to blackmail or slander him.

Cons of suing her: Potential embarassment if Bieber isn't as squeaky clean as his handlers would have us believe. His sex life, any drug use or drinking, bratty behavior, etc. would be put under a microscope and become tabloid fodder.
    That's going to happen anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I'm sure some people at the palace don't mind that this rumor lets Diana's reputation twist in the wind. Wasn't Harry born years before The Cad Hewitt was her riding instructor?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    If the State of Hawaii releasing Obama's birth records didn't stop the Birthers from screaming it was a fake, I doubt a DNA test will stop people from speculating about Prince Harry's birth origins.

OTOH, it might shut people up about Bieber as the people who don't like him don't seem to be whacko conspiracy theorists.

Then again, given that the suit was withdrawn, I'm not sure what he can do. If I were his advisor, I'd tell him to lay low and it will all blow over as his accuser has no credibility and will soon enough shoot herself in the foot (as it seems she's already done).
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Actually, Justin Bieber lookalikes have fooled 1 or 2 ( or 3 ) people in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyEuj...F6300574548D6F

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast