Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1000

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    ....Gracie isn't a lock, nor is anyone else. .....
    Agreed. Even little Nathan Chen; 'cute and fearless' at 10 & 11 doesn't necessarily guarantee that he'll be Olympic champ in 2018 or 2022. Especially with the Code of Points system, what matters is what happens on the day of competition. Que sera, sera.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Has competed in 10 straight Nationals at the Senior level: Alissa Czisny (starting in 2002; 2012 will be her 11th)
    5 straight: Rachael Flatt
    4 straight: Mirai Nagasu, Ashley Wagner, Caroline Zhang
    2: Christina Gao, Joelle Forte (2009, 2011)
    1: Agnes Zawadzki, Vanessa Lam, Yasmin Siraj, Samantha Cesario (2010, WD last year), Morgan Bell
    Senior National debut in 2012: Kiri Baga (WD last year), McKinzie Daniels, Haley Dunne, Nina Jiang, Angela Wang, Leah Keiser, Sophia Adams

ETA Senior National debut placements & ages:
    Nagasu 1st at 14 years old (2008)
    Zhang 4th at 14 (2008)
    Flatt 5th at 14 (2007)
    Siraj 8th at 14 (2011)
    Czisny 11th at 14 (2002)
    Gao 5th at 15 (2010)
    Lam 7th at 15 (2011)
    Wagner 3rd at 16 (2008)
    Zawadzki 4th at 16 (2011)
    Cesario 14th at 16 (2010)
    Forte 12th at 22 (2009)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-10-2012 at 11:51 PM.

vCash
    Crazy streak there for Czisny...talk about peaking late!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    But not "everyone" is, or has been, declaring her anything. First things first -- *IF* she skates/competes the way she has all season, then obviously she has a very good chance to go to Junior Worlds as the U.S. junior champ. I expect the other 2 will most likely be the highest placing age-eligible Senior ladies who are not assigned to 2012 Worlds or Four Continents and who have competed no more than 2 seasons on the Senior Grand Prix.
    ITA Sylvia. There are by far most posts with a wait and see approach to Gold than there are posts declaring her anything, so I don't know who "everyone" is referring to.

For the most part, I think people are excited about her potential but most realize that only time will tell how far she goes. Frankly, it's nice that American's have someone with that kind of potential to get excited about. Sure makes a nice change from the same old Nationals rehash of so and so was robbed, sucks, their coach sucks etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Along with Mirai Nagasu and Caroline Zhang, perhaps?
    I know it isn't the way it is............but don't ya think that if you move to SR Ladies, you should have to stay there? I never understand them doing both levels in one season.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Thanks for the stats, Sylvia
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    OMG we need to open up a 3rd US Ladies thread!!! We are really talking up a storm!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Agreed. Even little Nathan Chen; 'cute and fearless' at 10 & 11 doesn't necessarily guarantee that he'll be Olympic champ in 2018 or 2022. Especially with the Code of Points system, what matters is what happens on the day of competition. Que sera, sera.
    Not to mention that there's a very good chance he will not necessarily but cute, little, or fearless after a growth spurt hits. Ice is slippery, you don't know what will happen...
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Placement on the Junior Worlds team is going to be ridiculously competitive. So many great candidates. Zawadski, Gao, Keiser, Lam, Cesario, Baga, Jiang, Siraj, Wang, Daniels, Dunne and Adams... plus the ladies skating Juniors who are totally competitive with the above, most notably Gold, Long, Bell and Miller. Wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Ice is slippery, you don't know what will happen...
    ICE IS SLIPPERY?!?! When did this happen? ALERT THE PRESS. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    Placement on the Junior Worlds team is going to be ridiculously competitive. So many great candidates. Zawadski, Gao, Keiser, Lam, Cesario, Baga, Jiang, Siraj, Wang, Daniels, Dunne and Adams... plus the ladies skating Juniors who are totally competitive with the above, most notably Gold, Long, Bell and Miller. Wow.
    I can see your from Midwestern section lol. You mentioned only the age eligible junior ladies from mids. How bout the pacifics girls in Kulgeyko and Edmunds? They both have more national Junior experience (one year) than the mids girls combined (none).

vCash
    Junior Worlds team will be .... Gold, Keiser, Lam ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    I can see your from Midwestern section lol. You mentioned only the age eligible junior ladies from mids. How bout the pacifics girls in Kulgeyko and Edmunds? They both have more national Junior experience (one year) than the mids girls combined (none).
    Ha ha, caught me. (Though the mids girls scores are very high in comparison.)

vCash
    As soon as someone mentions something positive about a skater, then someone shoots that skater down. I've come to the conclusion that those of you who do that are either parents of another skater or just plain bitchy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    As soon as someone mentions something positive about a skater, then someone shoots that skater down. I've come to the conclusion that those of you who do that are either parents of another skater or just plain bitchy.
    If I were a paid member, I'd ask to use this as my signature. Well-said, Jayar!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    That's because based on everything we've seen this year, the Mids junior ladies are the strongest by a long ways. Not to say Katarina and Polina couldn't develop into champion skaters someday, but this season has been a bit rocky for both and I'm just glad to see them make it to Nationals. IMO todd was correct in naming the 4 Mids ladies as the contendors for Junior Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Junior Worlds team will be .... Gold, Keiser, Lam ??
    I would guess it will be three of the following six:
    Gold, Keiser, Lam, Zawadski, Gao, Siraj with Wang as possible wildcard.

I think even with one year on the senior GP, Zawadski and Gao would still be sent to Jr Worlds if they are near the top and don't get sent to Sr Worlds.

vCash
    Why is Keiser skating as a Senior at Nationals? Isn't she only 14? It would probably be better to skate against the Junior skaters i would think.

vCash
    I hope Ash tweaks her Black Swan Lp for Nationals as the Skate Canada version won't cut it IMHO

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by longingfornia View Post
    I hope Ash tweaks her Black Swan Lp for Nationals as the Skate Canada version won't cut it IMHO
    I'm pretty sure she said they reworked the program in an article on icenetwork.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I'm pretty sure she [Wagner] said they reworked the program in an article on icenetwork.
    Yes, here's the relevant article excerpt/Wagner quotes, posted earlier in this thread:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=745

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950