Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1062
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795

    Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

    Time to start new tread.
    Did you saw banquete photos?
    http://www.facebook.com/isufigureskating

    Could someone tell me what Tracy Wilson said about T-S FD and teher competition with M-C?
    And what Kurt thinking about this?
    Last edited by pani; 10-31-2011 at 10:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    GP circuit induced land of insomnia
    Posts
    789
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    That turtleneck ankle pant practice outfit is boss.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,449
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    i'm not a fan of dresses with this funny face dance. i really liked tessa in a black bodysuit for practise at finlandia. i felt like the lines and the mood were captured perfectly. i was then pleasantly surprized to see that this style really works with the movie. with a little tweaking it, it can look like this. in the fluff piece at skate canada, she was wearing that look on ice, dancing with scott. if they skate the whole season, i doubt tessa will wear the same dress each time. i hope she does wears that outfit for at least one performance

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,666
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    if they skate the whole season, i doubt tessa will wear the same dress each time. i hope she does wears that outfit for at least one performance
    I loved the red dress so much, I think it fits so perfectly with this FD and the Audrey-character. Even if Tessa plays around with different costumes, I would be happy if the red dress becomes "the one" associated with this FD.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Age
    64
    Posts
    613
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5489
    Pani - I will try to recap what was said on CTV by Tracy Wilson and the CTV commentator, Rod Black. Rod Black introduced them as they took the ice as "the class of the field, class of the world, along with Merle Davis and Charlie White of the US - we'll be watching both teams leading up to the worlds and the next Olympics". Nobody made any comments at all during the dance (so appreciate this). At the end both of them gave a little amused laugh - then Tracy said words to the effect of - absolutely oozing with confidence and class - they become the dance, they become the characters. Rod made a reference to them becoming Audrey and Fred. Tracy said their versatility as performers is tremendous - the details of the dance - we talk about him being a photographer in the movie - any shot would be perfect in the dance. What they do better than anyone else is they have wonderful matching lines and unison - they showed the first lift - she commented it was very difficult and original with Scott on one foot - twizzles very smooth, watch the free leg - arms very close together and in perfect unison. Tracy said it is everything - the point of the toe - every move intentional - commented on last lift - look at the line, the detail of the fingers and the back. They talked about their coaches and gave praise to Marina and Igor - Tracy said they are giving the public what they want in terms of programs like this - they referred to it as a new dynasty. Rod commented on their marks as being eye to eye with Merle and Charlie and that they would push each other which was so good for dance. In the wrap-up Tracy mentioned how rare and precious it was for skaters to have performances like theirs where they couldn't put a foot wrong. And she said she was happy for them that they had started off the season on the right foot.
    pug lover

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On a ship
    Posts
    899
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm already anticipating the next dress I wonder if she will wear a new one in romantic Paris. There are still the "balloons black dress" and the "yellow flower dress" left
    http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3...3982812039.jpg
    http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/628...3989272039.jpg
    not sure about the pant outfit maybe it wouldn't match the final part of the program.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    904
    Would black tights/pants even be allowed under ISU rules? Do female ice dancers all have to wear skirts?

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Their costumes at Worlds 09 were black tights, though Tessa had a skirt on as well.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Near Montreal...
    Posts
    1,465
    vCash
    561
    Rep Power
    1045
    I loved the costumes they wore in the fluff piece interview they did, to introduce the Funny face program concept, esp the one with Scott in the trench coat and Tessa as the bride. I guess they will have to go with what suits the entire dance though and not just certain sections of it. Obviously too, they have to take into account what will work and move with them properly while doing intricate lifts etc, while playing within the ISU costume rules...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,892
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Tessa and Scott did a commercial for Toyota: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlFfOXO9sAY I'm not sure what to think of it lol
    Last edited by Shayii; 11-01-2011 at 07:51 AM.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    To the left, to the left...
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,459
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Tessa and Scott did a commercial for Toyota: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlFfOXO9sAY I'm not sure what to think of it lol
    I don't know why I'm still up at 4 am but this commercial is keeping me up with its lolariousness. XD

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    559
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Tessa and Scott did a commercial for Toyota: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlFfOXO9sAY I'm not sure what to think of it lol


    Hahahahahahahaha. Soooooo Japanese. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during the filming of the car scene.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    559
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Good quality FD video with British Eurosport commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npyEW9aQD74

    Who on earth is the second commentator? Clearly a D/W fan! Not that there's anything wrong with that - one thing I appreciate about those guys is that they will actually give a real opinion - but I was a little at some of his comments. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could comment on the supposed 'open-ness' of the program.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,489
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    No, I think both British Eurosport commentators have adored both V/M and D/W in the past. I wouldn't dispute the occasional "openness," because I agree, but the comment about how the first step sequence wasn't good was very strange.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    Pani - I will try to recap what was said on CTV by Tracy Wilson and the CTV commentator, Rod Black. Rod Black introduced them as they took the ice as "the class of the field, class of the world, along with Merle Davis and Charlie White of the US - we'll be watching both teams leading up to the worlds and the next Olympics". Nobody made any comments at all during the dance (so appreciate this). At the end both of them gave a little amused laugh - then Tracy said words to the effect of - absolutely oozing with confidence and class - they become the dance, they become the characters. Rod made a reference to them becoming Audrey and Fred. Tracy said their versatility as performers is tremendous - the details of the dance - we talk about him being a photographer in the movie - any shot would be perfect in the dance. What they do better than anyone else is they have wonderful matching lines and unison - they showed the first lift - she commented it was very difficult and original with Scott on one foot - twizzles very smooth, watch the free leg - arms very close together and in perfect unison. Tracy said it is everything - the point of the toe - every move intentional - commented on last lift - look at the line, the detail of the fingers and the back. They talked about their coaches and gave praise to Marina and Igor - Tracy said they are giving the public what they want in terms of programs like this - they referred to it as a new dynasty. Rod commented on their marks as being eye to eye with Merle and Charlie and that they would push each other which was so good for dance. In the wrap-up Tracy mentioned how rare and precious it was for skaters to have performances like theirs where they couldn't put a foot wrong. And she said she was happy for them that they had started off the season on the right foot.
    O, thank you a lot I knew she love them And respect there main competitiors.
    You know, i am a little scary, because D-W and V-M show such a high skating level in October. How this will be at WCh? Couldthey save this high level? Or could they skate better? Amazing....

    Good quality FD video with British Eurosport commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npyEW9aQD74

    Who on earth is the second commentator? Clearly a D/W fan! Not that there's anything wrong with that - one thing I appreciate about those guys is that they will actually give a real opinion - but I was a little at some of his comments. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could comment on the supposed 'open-ness' of the program.
    Its was Nikki Slater. He compete in 80th, in the same time and team with T-D.
    He is great guy. Maybe not such Kris Haward (second commentator) who wish all skaters "good luck" all the time, but Nikki is nice person.
    I agree with open choreo, but only in last part. But i prefer to see them skating even open with open choreo, then don tsee there skating at all I think this help Tessa to stay in good condition. They had really difficult FD last season and she felt not good after WCh and they didnt get gold. So i prefer to see her happy and healthy on ice.
    But i totally disagree with his comments about there step sequens - and tech specialist agree with me And i disagree with hi comments about twizzles- they had really great twizzles and they were so in synchro.

    Tessa and Scott did a commercial for Toyota: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlFfOXO9sAY I'm not sure what to think of it lol
    WOW! I always want to see them in commercial, like Yu-na and Kira did for sport wear. I like Tessas dress color - she is so femini.

    O and last - i love her red dress. This is really iconic Audrey dress and look good on Tessa. I wish they will made exibition from this FD and they could change costumes during this exibition - will be funny to watch

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Tessa and Scott did a commercial for Toyota: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlFfOXO9sAY I'm not sure what to think of it lol


    I emailed this to my brother who does the advertising for Toyota in Canada. Told him his Japanese counterparts are getting it right.

    But rather pathetic and sad that V&M star in a commercial in Japan and not in Canada. Then again, it seems that Sidney Crosby takes up all the ad space in Canada.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Then again, it seems that Sidney Crosby takes up all the ad space in Canada.
    He is hot
    Not usuall we could see skaters in commercials in any country, no?
    In Russia after Ice adge we could see only Averbuch, Navka, Slutskay, Kostomarov and Zhulin.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    Good quality FD video with British Eurosport commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npyEW9aQD74

    Who on earth is the second commentator? Clearly a D/W fan! Not that there's anything wrong with that - one thing I appreciate about those guys is that they will actually give a real opinion - but I was a little at some of his comments. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could comment on the supposed 'open-ness' of the program.
    After D/W's FD at Skate America he also said that their dance was open. I guess he wants everyone to be in hold the entire time
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Next they can do a commercial in Finland!

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post
    After D/W's FD at Skate America he also said that their dance was open. I guess he wants everyone to be in hold the entire time
    Given his background and the era in which he skated, that would likely be the case.

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •