Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Nancy's fans saved her!!!!
    I'm guessing more like Tristan's fan base saved them. (At this point I'm just in the "Keep JR in at all costs" camp. They are REALLY trying too hard to make it look like Ricki's going to run away with it.)

vCash
    I'm with you, I gave all my votes to JR. Now I wish I'd saved a few for David. He didn't deserve to leave.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I'm with you, I gave all my votes to JR. Now I wish I'd saved a few for David. He didn't deserve to leave.
    What really frosts me is krob and Hope staying over David. Especially Hope--ye gods, people, if I wanted to watch an unhealthy emotional relationship I'd...go watch the Kardashians' show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I'm guessing more like Tristan's fan base saved them. (At this point I'm just in the "Keep JR in at all costs" camp. They are REALLY trying too hard to make it look like Ricki's going to run away with it.)
    This just seems like a weird season judging wise. Each week I sit and shake my head in amazement and wonder if I'm watching the same dances the judges are watching. How on earth did the clomper get so far???

vCash
    Hope got through because the rest are crap too. (Except for JR )
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    OMG I was dying in my chair. Serves me right for getting invested.

Nothing against David (who's been growing on me) and I would pick Hope and Rob to go before him, but I'm just soooooo happy Nancy & Tristan were saved.

After sitting in the dark and cold for 3 days, I have something to cheer about.

Yes, Nancy's not a great dancer, but she's not worse than Hope, Rob and David. She has a great partnership with Tristan, and Tristan himself is just wonderful. Week 8 he's still there. I really hope he's going to get hired for another season.

ETA: I don't know who picked Nancy's jive music but that thing was brutal.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Whoever thought "Devil Went Down To Georgia" was a good choice for a newbie doing jive was either an idiot or trying to get her eliminated.

vCash
    I just realized what Hope's dancing reminds me of - remember the scene in the original footloose where Chris Penn is learning to dance and he and Kevin Bacon are walking in the school halls? Chris steps mostly on time, but bends his knees all wrong. Basically, she's the first half of the montage, but especially that part.

I ADORE David. His farewell speech was so classy (and loved the dig at Maks). And he was just so damn likeable. And I also liked how they showed him congratulating everyone in the skybox after everyone's performances.

I still don't get the Rob hate. I think that out of the remaining dancers, he's probably the third best after Ricki and JR. And I also don't get the Ricki hate. Her personality is no more grating than most of the celebrities on the show. Last night I watched just her and didn't focus on Derek and she really is quite good. JR, who I also adore, was quite clunky at times and their tango, aside from the open and close - the actual dance - had nothing to do with the theme. Also, tango to Ghostbusters is no more difficult than tango to the Psycho score.

I really will miss David though.

Also, I don't like Beiber AT ALL, but I do have to say that I didn't mind the performance of the first song - no his vocals weren't perfect, but you have to give him props for actually singing live, and dancing during part of that live singing. Not many do those two things together these days.

Also, surprised to see Sean Stockman from Boyz 2 Men there, since DWTS Monday show is up against his freaking awesome Sing Off.
    Last edited by screech; 11-02-2011 at 03:46 AM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash

I do think Max crossed a line here; but I also think Hope has been a nightmare as a partner. She totally refused to go outside her "I'm a strong, star athlete, I can't be girly" mode and they are both stubborn as mules.
    I'll agree with the stubborn, but I thought she looked gorgeous in that dress last night and didn't seem to me like she was fighting it. She also looked beautiful in the paso dress, but her solo dress was much nicer.

In the paso, she could teach Skary Babs a thing or two about death stares.

I admit to not paying the most attention last night, and I missed the push and only saw Maks storm out, and then Derek stepping in immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    DWTS has run out of celebs. A and even B list celebs cannot make the time committment. Same for a lot of athletes. This is overall the worst cast they've had. I, like a lot of viewers, just watch for the pros now.
    I don't: I really don't care who the celebrities are. I like watching the process of how they learn to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    David is gone?!!!!

At least Tristan is safe.
    I'm sorry David is gone. I thought he looked very good last night, and it was very sweet to see him try to pass on what he learned to his teammate. I also didn't have a problem with krob getting the same scores as JR: it's the first time JR looked a bit galumphing to me, as much as I adore his presence.

I loved the dress they made for Ricki's solo, and I loved watching her.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 11-02-2011 at 05:50 AM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    JR, who I also adore, was quite clunky at times and their tango, aside from the open and close - the actual dance - had nothing to do with the theme. Also, tango to Ghostbusters is no more difficult than tango to the Psycho score.
    Agree JR didn't do well in the tango; he just looked uncomfortable. But I do think Ghostbusters is a harder song than the Psycho score. At least the Psycho music's tension set the right mood for tango; Ghostbusters is pure cheese and just...no. Oh well, hopefully he'll bounce back next week.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I just realized what Hope's dancing reminds me of - remember the scene in the original footloose where Chris Penn is learning to dance and he and Kevin Bacon are walking in the school halls? Chris steps mostly on time, but bends his knees all wrong. Basically, she's the first half of the montage, but especially that part.
    I don't watch this show, so the only way I pay any attention to what goes on is from reading this thread, so your description above has me .

I cannot stand Nancy Grace, but I'm glad to see she's outlasted the likes of David Arquette (who's worked my last nerve for over a decade), Chaz (who, bless his heart, just can not dance), Clooney's Ex, the Lakers Dude, and (sadly) Carson, who is cute as can be but cannot dance his way out of a paper bag.

Again, even through my loathing, I'd like to see her outlast the KarTrashian Man-Ho and Hope(less), the former simply because of his FameWhoring Family Franchise, and the latter because she always looks like she'd rather be having a root canal without anesthesia.

vCash
    Just wanted to thank everybody here for supporting JR - because on our local news they have dancing experts on the morning after every show and one was talking about how Nancy and Hope are being saved by their fanbase voting in. And they are worried that Ricki and JR, the best dancers, might not make it all the way because they are not out in the public eye every day, like Rob K. (Remember how long Kate stayed on? And all the other times the best dancers got voted off early - or not voted on to stay.) I'm glad there are enough people out there who are voting for the best dancers whether they are actually famous enough or not.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Watched most of the results last night and have a question. I saw the original show where Max had a go at Len and the whole "this is my show comment. Read how the drama found it's way to the entertainment shows the next day and how Maks wasn't backing down but didn't really continue anything either.

Last night I noticed he said as little as humanly possible and seems to have shut himself off and is just going through the motions to get this over with. Has something else happened?
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    I really don't care who the celebrities are. I like watching the process of how they learn to dance.
    This is why I watch, also.
    I think that it's difficult to find people who can commit to what the show demands in training/rehearsal/performance time.

Many celebrities have no idea of what's required to do well on the show.
    Aside from the willingness to work hard, they need a fanbase; and "likeability" helps, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    Just wanted to thank everybody here for supporting JR
    Uh, he seems like a really great guy/good dancer, but I haven't voted for him, not even once...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    Just wanted to thank everybody here for supporting JR - because on our local news they have dancing experts on the morning after every show and one was talking about how Nancy and Hope are being saved by their fanbase voting in. And they are worried that Ricki and JR, the best dancers, might not make it all the way because they are not out in the public eye every day, like Rob K. (Remember how long Kate stayed on? And all the other times the best dancers got voted off early - or not voted on to stay.) I'm glad there are enough people out there who are voting for the best dancers whether they are actually famous enough or not.
    Oh, please. There could be NO ONE voting for Ricki (and I suspect her phone-in numbers aren't that great) and she'd make the final. The tongue bath/gross overscoring for Team Paso made that pretty clear. JR's the worry, because there are voters out there who actually take the judges seriously and honestly think that was on a par with k-rob.

Hope and Rob both should have been gone a while ago (I would have kept Carson, David, and probably Chaz over her), Nancy gets the least likely/most improved slot (plus the "insanely popular new pro" boost) and JR FOR THE WIN.

marbi--I would guess Maks is both a bit depressed as I don't think he expected this season to go like that, and I kind of wonder if he got a bit of a "Remember, sunshine, we can replace you" with a nod to Derek, Tristan, and most of all Val--they can go right ahead and put his brother on the show if he doesn't feel like cooperating. Really, though, it hacks me off--even when I know I've danced crap I've never had a pro be anything but positive RIGHT after we've competed. He could have said SOMETHING nice to Hope in that backstage thing, and I hope (but doubt) that it's just editing and he came up with something kind to say. It's just not the right time to be all 'well, THAT was shite'. She's not a pro partner, she's a learner, she's obviously taking body blows to the ego, screaming at the judges is not as helpful as a "You did X well".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Watched most of the results last night and have a question. I saw the original show where Max had a go at Len and the whole "this is my show comment. Read how the drama found it's way to the entertainment shows the next day and how Maks wasn't backing down but didn't really continue anything either.

Last night I noticed he said as little as humanly possible and seems to have shut himself off and is just going through the motions to get this over with. Has something else happened?
    He's given up on Hope and has decided to do a public sulk ala 15 year old teenage boy instead of working with what he's got and taking responsibility for being a jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    This is why I watch, also.
    I think that it's difficult to find people who can commit to what the show demands in training/rehearsal/performance time.

Many celebrities have no idea of what's required to do well on the show.
    Aside from the willingness to work hard, they need a fanbase; and "likeability" helps, too.
    There have been a few exceptions where I've been excited to see a certain celebrity announced (Kristi, Evan, Donny) I feel the same way. Doesn't matter who the celebs are--I don't know a lot of them. I like watching the pros teach someone, work with someone who may or may not have any chance and being delightfully surprised when someone gets it and really starts to blossom and gain self confidence.

Which is why Maks's behavior and treatment of Hope is getting on my very last nerve.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by suep1963 View Post
    He's given up on Hope and has decided to do a public sulk ala 15 year old teenage boy instead of working with what he's got and taking responsibility for being a jackass.

Pretty much. Yes, she's an athlete, she's probably heard much harsher words, she shouldn't expect the judges to just feed her honey (after all she's not paired with Derek) but she shouldn't have to be sitting there desperately hoping her own teacher will say something nice.

vCash
    I don't think Maks has ever been paired with a partner who seemed so miserable. He had partners who weren't great -- Denise Richards and Debi Mazar -- but they were at least enthusiastic and they tried. Hope seems so hopeless and Maks clearly hasn't got a clue how to work with that. He's also getting slammed for his inability to work with Hope's lack of desire, and he really doesn't know how to work with that. I cannot even imagine these two trying to do a freestyle, which means beyond hoping Ricki and JR make the final, I have to hope that either KRob or Nancy joins them. What a crappy season this is.

vCash
    Hope is known to cop a major 'tude fairly frequently. I have a feeling she came into this thinking it would be easy compared to World Cup soccer, only to find out she was really out of her element and it's very hard. I don't envy her with Max or Max with her; they are a bad pairing, and let's hope they get put out of their misery next week.

I don't think there is "Ricki hate" on this board; it's just seems like she and "golden boy" are being overhyped for the win. She hasn't helped with her early dramatics about her weight (you weren't CLOSE to what Kirstie was dealing with, honey) and now she's on a wide-eyed little "JR will be hard to beat" tactic with the press which I find disingenuous and more likely an attention-getting mechanism for herself than honest reflection (ie: "don't forget how good I AM".
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast