View Poll Results: Who's your faves? As many as you like...

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kiri Baga

9 25.00%
  • Yasmin Siraj

16 44.44%
  • Nina Jiang

4 11.11%
  • Sophia Adams

1 2.78%
  • Vanessa Lam

6 16.67%
  • Leah Keiser

6 16.67%
  • Samantha Cesario

10 27.78%
  • Angela Wang

1 2.78%
  • Amanda Dobbs

9 25.00%
  • Alexe Gilles

6 16.67%
  • Amanda Hofmann

0 0%
  • Morgan Bell

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.

vCash

Who is your favorite non-GP US lady?

Just thought it would be fun to talk/poll about the lesser-known's who may wind up at Nationals...

vCash
    Are you just asking about this year's "non-GP ladies"? Alexe Gilles competed in a GP last year, IIRC.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Are you just asking about this year's "non-GP ladies"? Alexe Gilles competed in a GP last year, IIRC.
    Well, Alexe fell alot (a LOT) last year on the GP, I would never say she 'competed' though.

I was impressed with Cesario.

vCash
    I like Kiri Baga a lot. I hope she's recovered from her injuries come Nationala, and continues to skate as she moves into seniors and gets older. She has a lot of musicality for someone her age, and she's just really charming to watch.

Cesario is wonderful, too. I hope she'll also stick around for a long time.

vCash
    I picked Jiang. She's got a lovely, delicate about her and great technique on the jumps that she can land. She also has good speed and flow and while she isn't a contortionist, she has good carriage and hits positions that are more than adequate. She's like a less bendy Caroline Zhang but with better speed and sans jumping technique that makes you want to tear your hair out.

My only fear is that she's already moved up to senior (I think?) and still seems to have trouble mastering the more difficult jumps.

vCash
    Amanda Dobbs!

vCash
    Yeah, Amanda Dobbs. Half of those people I haven't seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    She's like a less bendy Caroline Zhang but with better speed and sans jumping technique that makes you want to tear your hair out.
    So basically their skating has nothing in common. I loved her SP but her jumping in the FS was so dismal I couldn't really enjoy it. Not sure what to think now.

I highly recommend Sophia Adams' SWP short program. She just has a way with movement that is rarely matched.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    I highly recommend Sophia Adams' SWP short program. She just has a way with movement that is rarely matched.
    I just looked up her short at Glacier Falls on YT (I couldn't find her SP at SWP), and yes, she has lovely arms and extension - very graceful indeed. She was absolutely crawling during the footwork, though, and the lack of height and power on the easier jumps are a bit worrisome. She appears to have already undergone a growth spurt, so at least she doesn't have to worry about that impeding her future mastery of the jumps.

I haven't kept up with Jiang lately, so it'd be most unfortunate to learn that her jumps have deteriorated. I saw her last at the Val Gardena Spring Trophy and she was lovely there despite the falls.