Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Zakarian isn't as much of a jerk when he's on Chopped, but this Super Chef competition has exposed him to the world. Girls? Really Geoff???

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Whee for Elizabeth Faulkner for pulling off the upset in that final challenge.

I'm rooting for her or Anne.

I think Alex lucked out with the "storytelling" part of the challenge, however. It didn't seem like the judges were very enamored of her dish. I get that was part of the "challenge," but I don't think that is something they really consider very much in actual "Iron Chef" judging.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I think Alex lucked out with the "storytelling" part of the challenge
    I was sure would be "out" after her mishap in the kitchen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    ^^^
    He may seem so; but after you've seen him cook - and talk a little about his background (on the "Chopped" Charity series) - you understand more about why he behaves as he does.
    I thought he was an a** on the Chopped episodes where he was competing.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=248
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Zakarian is my favorite judge on chopped. I really like him. However, I'm rooting for Anne.

vCash
    I'm rooting for Anne - big fan. She is my kind of cook, although it took me awhile to get use to her crude way of speaking.

I did buy her cook book , a book to have if you are a fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    I totally agree. There is a five letter word that I would apply to him but I'll be a lady and won't "say" it. I would love either Alex Guarnaschelli or Anne Burrell to win. I love them both to pieces.
    Me too--I the think Alex is relaxing a bit (she is so tense on this show) but was a bit surprised that she was not in the cook off. If I have to be honest Zakarian always makes these elegant little dishes that seem Iron Cheffy even if they don't exactly fit the theme. I remember his brunch at the ball park when he was in the bottom three and yet one of the judges said it was the best dish he had tasted. If you just go with the ingredient I think he is strong. But I want a woman to win dammit!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepaydays View Post
    At the end the chef talk about their rivalries. The "She's a chef, a pastry chef, and a baker - how does she do that?" comment that Zakarian made about Faulkner was jerkish to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Not many bakers/pastry chefs are equally comfortable with savory dishes.
    It's a common view, even among chefs; so Zakarian's comment doesn't surprise me.
    True. How many times in these cooking comps have we seen savoury chefs break out in a cold sweat when they have to make desserts?
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    I thought he was an a** on the Chopped episodes where he was competing.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=248
    I'd agree with that, but he's not as much of an asshat as a judge.

vCash
    I'm pulling for one of the women to win this. As much as I like Faulkner, I was surprised they took her over Samuelsson seeing as how he won Top Chef Masters. You could almost see that same argument cross his face when they told him he was out. "But...but! I won TCM!"

vCash
    But Faulkner shouldn't have been in the bottom to begin with. They all liked her dish. It wasn't even her story, it was the delivery. I'm pretty sure I've ranted about this before, but I'm going to do it again. I don't care about the tale. I'm way past the age for Story Time. I understand that you have to talk on a TV show, but I don't want made-up schlock all the time.

It's not like you go to a restaurant and say, well I did think the lobster ravioli was overcooked, obviously frozen and the sauce tasted like Bourbon Street after Mardi Gras, but now that I know this recipe helped save Timmy in the well, it's my favorite dish EVER.

I want Chiarello gone, like yesterday. Then Zakarian. Zakarian's such a hypocritical ass, especially given how he reams cheftestants on Chopped for not following his rules.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    It's not like you go to a restaurant and say, well I did think the lobster ravioli was overcooked, obviously frozen and the sauce tasted like Bourbon Street after Mardi Gras, but now that I know this recipe helped save Timmy in the well, it's my favorite dish EVER.

I want Chiarello gone, like yesterday. Then Zakarian. Zakarian's such a hypocritical ass, especially given how he reams cheftestants on Chopped for not following his rules.

I want the guys (and their egos) out too.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Well I am not watching any more.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Damn

vCash
    I am glad that Chef Faulkner won the challenge! Amazed that Chef Chiarello made a good lobster and risotto in 25 minutes. But Guarnaschelli has the hardest job with that lamb!

Bummed about Burrell going home. At this point, I really only want Chef Faulkner to win. If Guarnaschelli won that would be okay.

vCash
    Alex was always my favorite but it is clear the others see her as the weakest link of the four remaining chefs. Bummed about tonight's episode.....wanted to see the "girls" win.
    Last edited by Cachoo; 12-05-2011 at 05:16 PM.

vCash

Judy Joo's obsession with Faulkner freaks me out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

Judy Joo's obsession with Faulkner freaks me out.
    I was feeling the same with Michael Symone (sp?) and Zakarian.

Blergh
    vCash
    I really dislike Burrell so no complaints from me. I hate her dopey look, her stupid hair, and fugly ridiculous skirts. Her comment about Faulkner bring a pastry chef and not cooking real food shows off her attitude behind her phony aww shucks persona. Chef Guarnaschelli's response to Burrell's comment about Not liking the look of Faulkner's dish but hoping it tasted good not bring true last episode was spot on.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I love Anne Burrell, but I thought it was perfectly clear, even before they announced who was going home, that Zakarian had the superior dish. No complaints from me. I hope either Falkner or Zakarian wins the whole thing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast