Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Thomas Keller would probably wipe the floor with the current batch of Iron Chefs within an hour, and still have time to mix himself a cocktail.
    Not sure about that. I remember Tony Bourdain asking Ferran Adria about this sort of comp, and Adria said that he (Adria) would fail spectacularly because of the time constraints.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I think Samuelsson has a good chance,I think Irvine has a good shot simply because he is used to thinking on his feet with time contraints.It's what he does.I don't know..I'll have to watch another episode to make a decision on who I think will get it this time.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Irvine being an Iron Chef? No way in hell. He is like the fast food to the others formal dining.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I've never watched any of the shows where Irvine actually cooks, only Restaurant Impossible, so I am still a bit about him being considered a "super chef." Oh well, at least he'd keep the Iron Chef kitchens nice and clean.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    I've never seen Irvine cook anything sophisticated enough to consider him Iron Chef material.
    He also falsified his resume' and exaggerated his credentials.
    That alone should disqualify him.

If I were an Iron Chef; or any of the "Super Chefs", I wouldn't want to be associated with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepaydays View Post
    Personally, I fine with anyone but Alex Guarnaschelli winning. She has always come across as more "talking about cooking" and not really competitive herself at actually doing it.
    I've eaten at her restaurant, and that woman is no joke. She made the single best mac and cheese I've ever eaten in my life. It was one of the few pasta dishes where the pasta itself stood out--you really could have eaten it all by itself, no sauce, no veggies, no protein, just the plain macaroni. Her steak you can practically cut with a fork alone.

Have you ever seen her show on Food Network? It's I always feel ravenous afterwards...and slightly turned on. Though I can see why personality wise, Alex is not maybe suited for this competiton.

I'd be happy with any of the females winning. I'm not as familiar with the male chefs. Ciarello was AN ASS on Top Chef Masters, so I'm not surprised he's one in real life either. He's probably the only one I'd be actively rooting against. I don't know who Chuck, Beau, or Irivine are, and I wasn't real impressed with Zakarian, plus I think he's a jerk on Chopped.

I could see it coming down to Samuelson v. Burrell for the final. I hope it's one of them; Iron Chef needs some culinary diversity.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    We have to take into consideration that none of the shows that Irvine has done has really called for a fine dining presentation. Despite his falsifcation,I think he's pretty good.Do I think he ranks up there with Samuelson and Zakarian,maybe not but he has a few things going for him too.

vCash
    Alex Guarnaschelli is my favorite--- I loved her in "The Cooking Loft" and on "Alex's Day Off" as well as "Chopped." If I were to head to NYC Butter would be the restaurant I would hate to miss. Her food looks luscious and she has wonderful command of language. I love listening to her describe her cooking process. So you would think I would want her to win as she wants this so badly. But the whole process involved with Iron Chef stresses her out and she is not the same Alex imo. So who would I enjoy watching instead? Probably Chuck or Anne---they don't tighten up the way Alex does and they are masters of their craft. But if Alex wins I'd be happy too. You know with this group I wish they would choose a couple of new Iron Chefs.

vCash
    So...the showdown is between Chiarello and Irvine. Secret ingredient: peanuts.

Seriously, Chiarello putting that raw egg on that sausage & peppers? Is that a regional thing? Alton had a field day with how his yolk was separated.

I LOVED the idea of Chuck Hughes' tilipia dog! What a great idea for a ballpark snack!

And yep......Irvine goes home!!!!
    Last edited by ilovepaydays; 11-07-2011 at 03:22 AM.

vCash
    Saw that coming from a mile away.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Yeah, I think Irvine, like Spike, was put in the competition just to ensure that none of the big names went home too early.

I was pretty happy with the top 3 and the bottom 3. Zakarian may be able to cook, but tonight's episode only reinforced my view that he's an arrogant a**. Brunch at the ballpark? Really? How many baseball games are held at 10am on Sunday?

As an aside, I watched part of Chef Hunter, which came on immediately after tonight's episode. Is the female cheftestant also on Top Chef this season?
    Creating drama!

vCash
    I'm laughing at Food Network's FB page. People are all, "I'M NOT WATCHING ANYMORE! YOU GUYS SUCK!" Not like Irvine is a true great chef like the others, and hey, dude falsified everything about his resume, didn't he? So. There. HA.

vCash
    I'll have to catch this sometime this week, but i'm not surprised Irvine was sent home. I consider my mom to be a pretty sane person, but she was talking about writing complaints to FN when they originally took him off the air after his whole falsification scandal. She was thrilled when he came back. I kept saying "But he made EVERYTHING up..." and she'd say "Well I like him and I think he was doing a good job!" I think she just likes his giant muscle arms. Now she loves watching Restaurant Impossible. Sigh.

vCash
    I admit, I like Restaurant Impossible, but I like Kitchen Nightmares better. I was surprised that I liked the idea of Robert's dish more than Michael's, but I'm not surprised Robert went home.

vCash
    I'm surprised that the judges are "upset" with Marcus Samuelsson's giving them more than is required.
    Should he become Iron Chef, he'll need to challenge himself like that on every program.

vCash
    I'm not surprised they are upset.He's awesome but he has to follow the rules.
    Loved the idea of Chuck's tilapia"dog" I'll have to swipe that idea LOL

I still think Irvine is a good chef.The raw egg thing from the other guy was a bit much.That just screams ballpark lol

vCash
    Damn. Chuck went home!

vCash
    Very upset Chuck went home. I didn't expect him to win but I thought he would last a few more weeks. I can't remember his name, but the guy with the glasses is such a douche. He couldn't stop mentioning how Faulkner won because she is a pastry chef. Since when are malt balls pastry? Fish and chips? Ice cream? Get over it. He can go next, pompous ass.
    -Brian

vCash
    I want Chiarello to go. Ugh. What a dick, going on about how gummy candies aren't used by a chef of his caliber and all this other crap. It's a challenge, moron, stfu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I want Chiarello to go. Ugh. What a dick, going on about how gummy candies aren't used by a chef of his caliber and all this other crap. It's a challenge, moron, stfu.
    He was also incredibly arrogant and nasty on Top Chef Masters. He is not a nice man(understatement). I would love to see either Alex Guarnaschelli or Anne Burrell be the one to take the title.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast