Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Chef Guarnaschelli's response to Burrell's comment about Not liking the look of Faulkner's dish but hoping it tasted good not bring true last episode was spot on.
    I must have missed that - what happened?

I've been pretty ambivalent about Burrell, but her comments on Falkner were just rude. I'm not a fan of her hair either. But last night they showed an unfortunate shot of her head, more or less from above. Poor Ann has really thin hair, so I have some sympathy for her on that.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    There is a double elimination next week.
    My goodness, could there be a Chiarello vs. Falkner finale?

vCash
    I really started to dislike Falkner last night. She came across to me as super arrogant.

vCash
    Even if it seemed like poor sportsmanship I like how honest Anne was regarding Falkner's entries week to week. I don't agree with her and she may regret it now but I'm glad she said what she thought.

Blergh
    vCash
    Zakarian and others have been honest too but have been criticized as well.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    This was the first episode where I noticed a bad attitude from Chef Anne. She made some snarky comments that I had not noticed from her and she was acting quite childish during the judging with her arms folding and a clear pouty face going on. I wonder if many of her comments were recorded AFTER elimination. I think they do most of those after the challenge and judgement. She may have been bitter and upset, although that is no excuse. The one thing I can forgive her for is I felt her comments about Falkner were kind of an "enough is enough" comment. She has continued to do dishes that center around her pastry chef background and you can't be Iron Chef Pastry and expect to be of much use all the time. Falkner may be proving her wrong on that but I didn't feel like Anne attacked her at every turn like Chef Zakarian has been doing.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I wonder if there is a dynamic on this show that the chefs may feel they are superior to the people judging them. I'm not sure---just putting it out there....

vCash
    Did anyone else watch "Chuckmas" on The Cooking Channel tonight before Next Iron Chef. It was fun to watch! It will air again at midnight and I am sure again before Christmas.

In Chef Faulkner's & Chiarello's defense - I think scallops are hard to get just right. I like them seared but it is the one seafood I am afraid to make because I think they are too easy to overcook.

Chef Zakarian won the challenge and is in the finale! Chiarello is going to the secret ingredient challenge against Faulkner. Guarnaschelli finished last and is going home.

vCash
    The secret ingredients are Keebler Town House Crackers and Entwine wine! They must make three appetizers and each must use a different cracker flavor.

I think that Chiarello's apps were too much alike - and I wasn't a fan of all the crumbles in the bottom of the glasses.

Thinking Faulkner did a better job of making distinct apps. She was thrilled that Simon Majumdar liked the curry meatballs!

Just saw the Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives commercial for Guy Fieri doing a tour around Detroit with Kid Rock. Interesting.
    Last edited by ilovepaydays; 12-12-2011 at 03:07 AM.

vCash
    It will be Faulkner vs. Zakarian in the finale!

vCash
    Thank goodness! Zakarian vs. Chiarello would have left me .

Anyone else notice Zakarian's Hello Kitty bandaids? My 6 year old daughter has those.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    No Alex...oh well...she gave it a shot.

vCash
    Not watching anymore. Faulkner will win because of Judy Joo's "foodgasms". Yuck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I wonder if there is a dynamic on this show that the chefs may feel they are superior to the people judging them. I'm not sure---just putting it out there....
    I wonder about that, as well.
    Does Simon Majumdar have any qualifications beyond being a restaurant/food "critic".
    At least Judy Joo is an Iron Chef UK.

I don't know which finalist I prefer.

vCash
    Would have preferred Burrell vs. Chirello... at least IC would get a genuine personality. Half the fun of watching it is the snarking. Since I can't taste the food, I don't care if the best chef is there or not.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    The competitors are top-level chefs, and they believe in the dishes that they put out. Of course it's off-putting to have critics, especially those that are non-chef themselves, publicly put down their dishes and more or less question their abilities as chefs. I thought one of the critic's comment about how he hated powdered sugar dusting on the souffle because it was so 70's was just petty. It was about his personal taste and nothing to do with how the food was cooked and tasted.

vCash
    It was Simon Majumdar who said that.

I agree with you.
    Many of his comments have been ridiculous.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    I think the present ICs should be the judges. I know I’d find Morimoto San a bit intimidating.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I've been under the impression that Iron Chef Simon (is that his name?) has not really appreciated many of the other man's comments. They sometimes, maybe even often, agree, but then there are times when it seems like the other judge just goes for the kill and Iron Chef Simon seems to get defensive. I think it is understandable, he knows how all of the contestants feel right now.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    So out of this pairing,who do you all think will win it?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast