Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I want Chiarello to go. Ugh. What a dick, going on about how gummy candies aren't used by a chef of his caliber and all this other crap. It's a challenge, moron, stfu.
    Agree... he really doth protest too much. Zakarian got over his red hots pretty quickly, as did the others.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Some of the snack items were much more difficult to "manipulate" than others.
    Alex admitted that she gave Anne something she knew she could work with.

Sorry to see Chuck go, as well.
    I don't know how much longer Beau will last., though.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    for cutie Chef Hughes.

for Elizabeth Faulkner though! Whee!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    B-b-b-but, she's a PASTRY chef!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Wow....Kevin Nealon's improv gives them octopus, tortillas, cumquats, and marshmallows and they have to make one dish with them....YUCK!!!

Apparently it takes 30 minutes to pressure cook an octopus and they have 45 minutes....I think it will come down how well that is prepared.

Really impressed with Chef Faulkner so far. I can't believe she used "marshmallow ash".....HA!

Can't believe Chiarello made a Marshmallow Aioli.....and he wins the challenge!

The more I see Food Network advertise Anne Burrell's "Cook Like a Rock Star" cookbook, the more I want to buy it.

So it is MacMillian vs. Zakarian for the pair off......secret ingredient is coconut! I think this is the easiest ingredient the showdown has had so far.

And MacMillian goes home! Really, he should have gone home last week.
    Last edited by ilovepaydays; 11-21-2011 at 03:00 AM.

vCash
    I was expecting Beau to be one of the first to go. I also expected Alex to win the challenge. I really despise Chiarello.

vCash
    I really despise Chiarello.
    So does Chef Falkner, apparently.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    I really despise Chiarello.
    Me too and it's really sad because I used to love his Food Network show. The way he treated the former Top Chef contestants on Top Chef Masters made me never want to watch him on any other series. I sure hope he doesn't win this because I do not want to watch him on Iron Chef America.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    So does Chef Falkner, apparently.
    Well, they are both from the San Francisco area - any on a feud?

My guess is that Chiarello didn't win anyway - especially aftter this Facebook post. Looks like he is getting another show.
    Last edited by ilovepaydays; 11-21-2011 at 01:22 PM.

vCash
    That was a challenging group of ingredients.
    Apparently, some remarkable dishes were made with them.
    Beau's doesn't seem to have been one of them.
    That would give the judges a "tipping point", if they needed/wanted to use it.

Could Chiarello's "issue" be with female chefs, in general; not just Falkner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Could Chiarello's "issue" be with female chefs, in general; not just Falkner?
    That would be weird - his youngest daughter just started studying at the CIA.

I am rooting for either Elizabeth Faulkner or Anne Burrell to win this. I think they both have the creativity to win this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Me too and it's really sad because I used to love his Food Network show. The way he treated the former Top Chef contestants on Top Chef Masters made me never want to watch him on any other series. I sure hope he doesn't win this because I do not want to watch him on Iron Chef America.
    I totally agree. There is a five letter word that I would apply to him but I'll be a lady and won't "say" it. I would love either Alex Guarnaschelli or Anne Burrell to win. I love them both to pieces.

vCash
    So far, none of the men have done enough humorous communicating during the cooking to warrant IC status. I think this will be an all female final unless one of the men suddenly acquires a TV persona.

vCash
    So the chefs prepared a dish based on a NYC landmark. Thought that Chiarello gave Faulkner a gift by taking her Empire State Building and having her get the Brooklyn Bridge.

Chiarello's dish looked a little blah but I have never had rabbit. Is it tasty?

Burrell totally deserved to win with those cornish hens and fried chicken livers. Guarnaschelli looked like she would rather be somewhere else.

Whoa - it was Faulkner and Samuelsson in the final two for the challenge! Really - Zakarian needs to go. His dishes looked like a hot mess - I would have been confused as to what was even on the plate. I thought Faulkner's pork schnitzel with apples looked great! Too bad they didn't like her story.

Secret ingredient was bagels - Faulkner's "Bagel with the Works" was GENIUS. It looks like she has done the best job of any contestant with making ice cream so far. Samuelsson's Lox with Gazpacho looked blah to me.

And Samuelsson goes home. WHEW!!!!

At the end the chef talk about their rivalries. The "She's a chef, a pastry chef, and a baker - how does she do that?" comment that Zakarian made about Faulkner was jerkish to me.
    Last edited by ilovepaydays; 11-28-2011 at 03:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepaydays View Post
    At the end the chef talk about their rivalries. The "She's a chef, a pastry chef, and a baker - how does she do that?" comment that Zakarian made about Faulkner was jerkish to me.
    That didn't bother me, but I wasn't so happy with his repeated use of the term "girls" when referring to the remaining 3 female chefs.

I was surprised to see Falkner in the bottom two. It seems they loved her food, but hated her story. I agree that the story was really poorly presented (despite the judges trying to coax it out of her ), but since when is that more important than taste?

I caught a few minutes of ICA tonight. I guess I haven't watched in a while, but is Iron Chef Cora gone? If so then (1) good, she was weak and (2) they are definitely looking for a new female Iron Chef. The fix is in for the girls ladies.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Yeah, Cora is leaving because she wants to deal with her restaurants and stuff, from what I heard.

for Anne!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    It simply must be Anne. I will be so upset if anyone else wins, even thought I like all the female chefs. The only man left that I could deal with was Samuelson and now he is gone. Anne all the way!!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Sorry that Samuelsson is gone, as he had a diverse background and mastery of styles that would have made a great Iron Chef.

Not many bakers/pastry chefs are equally comfortable with savory dishes.
    It's a common view, even among chefs; so Zakarian's comment doesn't surprise me.

vCash
    For those of you who really follow this sort of stuff, is Zakarian really that big of a prick, or does he just play one on TV?

vCash
    ^^^
    He may seem so; but after you've seen him cook - and talk a little about his background (on the "Chopped" Charity series) - you understand more about why he behaves as he does.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast