Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Greensboro or DC... I'm soooo there!!

vCash
    I'd be happy with any city on the east coast where SW flies (just not Reading). I doubt they'd put it in a large city like DC, given the poor turnout this year, but George Mason U's arena in Fairfax, VA might be a good spot. Or they could use Northeastern U's arena in Boston.

But please let it be somewhere near civilization - not Lake Placid!

vCash
    Baltimore would be great! There are lots of things to do within walking distance of the Inner Harbor!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I'd be happy with any city on the east coast where SW flies (just not Reading). I doubt they'd put it in a large city like DC, given the poor turnout this year, but George Mason U's arena in Fairfax, VA might be a good spot. Or they could use Northeastern U's arena in Boston.

But please let it be somewhere near civilization - not Lake Placid!
    My parents went to a gospel concert at George Mason (Patriot Center) and they complained that they couldn't find any restaurants nearby to eat dinner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    My parents went to a gospel concert at George Mason (Patriot Center) and they complained that they couldn't find any restaurants nearby to eat dinner.
    Then I guess they wouldn't like Reading. Not only was there nothing around the arena, there was nothing at or around the hotel, either. Hotel stopped serving at something like 9 or 10 (and that included room service). When we checked in, there was a sign at the front desk that said the restaurant was open until midnight, but it turned out that was only for those with credentials. I was so pissed off, I wrote a complaint on the corporate Sheraton website, which got us a free stay.

I hope to never return to Reading.

It would be awesome if it were in Baltimore, but the arena is not suitable.

vCash
    I vote for Phoenix.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I vote for Phoenix.
    I vote for Columbus or Cincinnati.

vCash
    NOT on the West Coast, please. SA and the Championships both in CA this year is just too hard for those in the East. It makes no sense to not share the events around the country to me.

I didn't go to SA because I'm going to San Jose.

Lake Placid is so nice to attend events despite the travel challenges. However, putting it in a place with an airport does make sense. Portland is a great place for skating but we went there last year. Give it a rest.

I suggest Hartford, Colorado Springs or Denver, Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Dallas, Philly, Boston, St Louis or anywhere not West since it's been West for two years! Last time SA was East it was in Lake Placid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    I vote for Columbus or Cincinnati.
    Of course, Indianapolis would do very nicely. Great facilities, hotels and restaurants all within walking distance. 20 Minute drive for me
    I suddenly find myself older than I ever intended to be--Roxy Hart in "Chicago"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Then I guess they wouldn't like Reading. Not only was there nothing around the arena, there was nothing at or around the hotel, either. Hotel stopped serving at something like 9 or 10 (and that included room service). When we checked in, there was a sign at the front desk that said the restaurant was open until midnight, but it turned out that was only for those with credentials. I was so pissed off, I wrote a complaint on the corporate Sheraton website, which got us a free stay.

I hope to never return to Reading.

It would be awesome if it were in Baltimore, but the arena is not suitable.
    That sucks. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I went to SA there a few years back and had a great time, and ate like a pig all over the place, in fact just thinking about the huge Amish meal we had one day makes me feel full! Lol so .... I guess it just goes to show, sometimes things are just a little off.

I think it's great that Lalique is always at bercy right in downtown Paris, although I have no idea how they afford to keep it up. It's always 60% empty when I go. Maybe polo or something can fund SA to always be at mad sq garden. Lol but personally I wouldn't mind if it was permanently at lp. Sure, one has to drive a few hours into the mts, but everyone always acts like getting there is an odyssey. It's not.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Lol but personally I wouldn't mind if it was permanently at lp. Sure, one has to drive a few hours into the mts, but everyone always acts like getting there is an odyssey. It's not.
    It's an odyssey when you have to take two flights to get to Albany and then drive a few hours after that to get to LP. I live in the South and my trips to Vancouver have been shorter than my trip to LP. It also adds the expense of a rental car or another form of transportation.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    ^^^
    I've never been to Lake Placid.
    Much as I would like to attend events there, the available transportation options are not feasible for me.
    I'm in the South, also.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    It's an odyssey when you have to take two flights to get to Albany and then drive a few hours after that to get to LP. I live in the South and my trips to Vancouver have been shorter than my trip to LP. It also adds the expense of a rental car or another form of transportation.
    Not everyone drives

Just to show I'm not a total East Coast hater - I would LOVE if SA went to Atlanta
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Lake Placid FTW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutzcy View Post
    Of course, Indianapolis would do very nicely. Great facilities, hotels and restaurants all within walking distance. 20 Minute drive for me
    Oooh, this! Indy is SO easy to navigate!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Not everyone drives
    Then how do you get there? I tried to see if a bus from Albany was feasible last time, but the bus schedule wouldn't work out with the flight schedule.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Since it has been announced (in the JGP thread), that there's a JGP in Lake Placid over the Labour Day weekend 2012, I doubt that they would put SA there 6 weeks later.

But stranger things have happened ....
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

Beach Bum
    vCash
    How about:

Providence RI
    Worcester MA
    Norfolk VA
    Albany NY
    Hershey PA
    Charlotte NC

I think all of those have arenas that house minor league hockey. Do they have skate club sponsors?

I'd do Hartford, Pittsburgh, Lake Placid, or Reading again too. Maybe I will finally see the Pagoda.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I think all of those have arenas that house minor league hockey. Do they have skate club sponsors?
    I don't think a local skate club is needed as a sponsor for SA. It's an ISU event, so the USFSA is considered the LOC, I think.

I'd go for Hershey - that's an easy drive for me. Providence would be good, too - cheap, direct flight on SW. Same with Albany. Charlotte is also direct. I think Norfolk and Worcester are too far off the beaten path.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Then how do you get there?
    that was my point - the requirement of a couple of hours of driving added on to whatever other travel is necessary makes LP a really challenging location.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast