Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Skate America 2012

Has that been announced yet?

vCash

You are kidding right?

First they have to find someone to take it....

My bet... Lake Placid which seems willing to take it anytime (Of course when it was last in Lake Placid I went to TEB... it was cheaper, easier to get to and actually took LESS travel time!)

vCash
    I wondered. Thanks.

Well that sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post

You are kidding right?
    Well, the USFSA seems to announce locations of future competitions earlier than Skate Canada. And since Skate Canada is announcing next year's location tomorrow, patc's question seems quite reasonable.

vCash
    Please Lake Placid. PLEASE!! (Or hartford or boston or even reading)
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Please NOT Lake Placid! Somewhere with an airport please!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Lake Placid gets a JGP in August 2012, I doubt they would get both that and SA.

vCash
    Really, anything within driving distance of NYC is good, even if it's Bum****, PA.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    Well, the USFSA seems to announce locations of future competitions earlier than Skate Canada. And since Skate Canada is announcing next year's location tomorrow, patc's question seems quite reasonable.
    I don't follow the Candian Federation.

Last year Skate Amerca was announed in the late spring

Just because Canada gets organized, doesn't mean the US is.

It's a reasonable question! It's just that the USFS really belives "it doesn't matter what we do fans will put up with it!" (Looking at the Skate America attendance brings that thought into question) They fail to realize that "planning ahead" would allow fans to plan to. Just look we now know where 2012 Skate Canada is. Worlds' 2013 is selling a pay plan for tickets. USFS has not announced 2013 Nationals.... For a lot of US citizens it's just as easy to go to 2013 Worlds and we have limited funds for skating. If the Canadians are more organized they get the funds..

Wonder why USFS doesn't get this?

vCash
    Reading would be AWESOME. Unless SA is during my fall break, I'd be at school and only 45 minutes away!! But I'd also take Boston or Hartford if I'm home, lol.

vCash
    Just look we now know where 2012 Skate Canada is. Worlds' 2013 is selling a pay plan for tickets. USFS has not announced 2013 Nationals.... For a lot of US citizens it's just as easy to go to 2013 Worlds and we have limited funds for skating. If the Canadians are more organized they get the funds..
    2013 U. S. Nationals will be in Omaha, Nebraska. I think the announcement was made in April of this year, so nearly 2 years in advance. Although it's potentially helpful to know even farther ahead of time, I do not miss the days when the announcement came 3 years in advance, tickets went on sale almost immediately, and 100% payment was required at time of order.

vCash
    US Nationals is always announced almost 2 years in advance. I've read much kvetching over my years online about how USFS sells tickets so far in advance.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I don't follow the Candian Federation.

Last year Skate Amerca was announed in the late spring

Just because Canada gets organized, doesn't mean the US is.

It's a reasonable question! It's just that the USFS really belives "it doesn't matter what we do fans will put up with it!" (Looking at the Skate America attendance brings that thought into question) They fail to realize that "planning ahead" would allow fans to plan to. Just look we now know where 2012 Skate Canada is. Worlds' 2013 is selling a pay plan for tickets. USFS has not announced 2013 Nationals.... For a lot of US citizens it's just as easy to go to 2013 Worlds and we have limited funds for skating. If the Canadians are more organized they get the funds..

Wonder why USFS doesn't get this?
    2013 US Nationals was announced a long time ago. Omaha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acraven View Post
    2013 U. S. Nationals will be in Omaha, Nebraska. I think the announcement was made in April of this year, so nearly 2 years in advance. Although it's potentially helpful to know even farther ahead of time, I do not miss the days when the announcement came 3 years in advance, tickets went on sale almost immediately, and 100% payment was required at time of order.
    I thought they "withdrew" that announcement and it wasn't offical yet? Hopefully I am wrong. That's not a bad lead in. In that case I owe USFS an apology. I can live with anything over 18 months or so. Actually I could live with a year or even less. The risk to USFS is that while they are waiting others "spend thier cash" They are in competition with other skating events and just "life" for money and time which I don't think they get. Especially with something like Skate America. I think they need more time to market and "lock" those attendees in.

I think everyone KNEW months before it was in Omaha, but they spent several months "dancing" around LOL! (When you asked at last years event you were told "we have no idea" but folks in Omaha were saying "it's us!" )

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i'll go back to reading but someone has to be proactive and make sure i dont get stuck in a hooker hotel this time. i'm pretty sure jamsey and i witnessed a murder/kidnapping.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    The USFS press release for the local announcement of 2013 Nationals is dated 4/28/11:
    OMAHA, NEB., SELECTED TO HOST 2013 U.S. FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS

The 2011 Skate America location announcement was pretty late -- March 3, 2011: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=45812&type=news

vCash
    Come on, Everett!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Lake Placid gets a JGP in August 2012, I doubt they would get both that and SA.
    Ooh really? That is great news! I'm so there!
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Come on, Everett!
    Yeah, or Portland.

vCash
    Portland was good...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast