Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Sochi - Small Stories Of A Big City- Ice Show In London UK (Merged)

It looks like "City Lights" will absolutely happen in London during Olympic Games
    Here is the information from Petrova Tikhonov official website.
    http://www.petrova-tikhonov.ru/schedule/

Date: July 28th - August 11th, 2012
    Place: Ice Arena at Sochi Part in London, UK
    Ticket information:
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Sochi-...50?list_view=1
    Skaters:
    Alexei Yagudin,
    Tatyana Navka,
    Roman Kostomarov,
    Tatyana Totmyanina,
    Maxim Marinin,
    Mariya Petrova,
    Alexei Tikhonov,
    Margarita Drobyasko,
    Povilas Vanagas,
    Maxim Stavinski,
    Albena Denkova,
    Maxim Shabalin,
    Oksana Domnina
    Created by Ilya Averbukh

http://icesymphony.org/page/musical-...ty-lights.html
    http://www.icesymphony.org/projects/...go-goroda.html

vCash
    Oooohh , anyone know how long each show lasts and are all the skaters there for each show ? Very tempting , off to look at train times

vCash
    OMG this is amazing! I never ever thought I would get the chance to see any of these skaters live

JP1, there are more details at the bottom of the page here, it lasts for 95 minutes.
    Last edited by morqet; 06-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.

vCash
    Can anyone choose the £15 seats? I only see the £45 and £70, which honestly seems expensive for a Winter sport showcasing during the Summer games... (I still want to go though, lol)

vCash

vCash
    wow! thanks!!!
    I will definetely try to go! just have to check trains!

vCash
    So this show is on when the olympics are going on ? If so good luck on venturing into London and finding hotels etc

vCash
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/l...d-7706441.html

"Residents will not want an invasion of Ice skaters and Ice skating fans "

Well ... we do have a bad reputation don't we ...

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    So this show is on when the olympics are going on ? If so good luck on venturing into London and finding hotels etc
    I've got lots of hotels sending me e-mails to book my hotel for the London Olympics. There is lots of hotel rooms available now. It's just a matter of waiting till the last possible moment to book and strike a bargain.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JP1 View Post
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/l...d-7706441.html

"Residents will not want an invasion of Ice skaters and Ice skating fans "

Well ... we do have a bad reputation don't we ...
    I agree with this article
    This is the middle of the summer and London needs as many open spaces as possible with all the tourists etc there for olympics.Surely Sochi olympics can be promoted any time up until 2014 .
    There are plenty of arena's.
    Anyway people who are there to watch Summer olympics yes ' but it doesn't nesessarily mean they will be interested in winter sports

vCash
    Mr. Tikhonov wrote his diary about the last show of the tour this year in Elektrostali and “City Lights” this summer in London.

http://www.petrova-tikhonov.ru/diary/index.php?id=236

It is said some of casts will be changed in “City Lights” in London.
    Charlie : Marat Basharov -> Alexei Tikhonov
    Programs “Station” & “Rock 'n Roll” : Alexei Tikhonov & Maria Petrova -> Tatiana Totmyanina & Maxim Marinin
    Programs “Robots” : Tatiana Totmyanina & Maxim Marinin -> Elena Leonova & Andrei Khvalko

And Alexei Yagudin, Navka & Kostmarov, Dorobyazko & Vanagas will perform the same roles.

More information
    Alexei Tikhonov & Maria Petrova will skate the program like Chaplin at the end of shows.
    Elena Berezhnaya & Anton Sikharulidze will not perform in London, although they performed their Chaplin program in Moscow.

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    A bit of Nimby-ism from the good ol' residents of Kensington (nothing new!) They clearly have no awareness of the level of figure skating fandom in London/the UK!

Frankly the plan seems a little OTT - Kensington is a bit off the track for most the Olympic venues so I wouldn't think this is going to pick up many "passing" visitors. It hasn't been that heavily promoted as far as I've seen.

I doubt very much that many Londoners are going to be interested in FS at the height of summer, especially when all the focus is on the summer Olympics. I'm actually fleeing London and know a number of people who are doing the same. It's a shame as of course I would have gone to this show - the chance to see Yagudin live - well, Wow! Maybe I can tweak my plans to be able to go but I think probably not lol. If only the first show was one day earlier!

The actual show only runs for two weeks but even then the idea that they get 1800 bums on seats 14 times is extremely ambitious! If the demand for "real" (not Dancing on Ice) skating in the UK was that strong we'd still be getting Art on Ice here and they'd come to London... I wonder if the number of seats in the article is accurate. Or what the other plans are that are going to make it "like a concert" every night

Is this venue going to be the Russian team "house"? I guess that might warrant their concerns about noisy activity every night.
    Last edited by mella; 06-20-2012 at 12:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NONKO View Post

Date: July 28th - August 11th, 2012
    Place: Ice Arena at Sochi Part in London, UK
    Ticket information:
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Sochi-...50?list_view=1
    Just be aware that the dates have changed if you want to go, it's now only from the 28th July to 6th August. I had booked for the 9th and they called saying that it was a 'mistake' on the site (probably realized they wouldn't book the entire rink twice a day for 2 weeks...)

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post

I doubt very much that many Londoners are going to be interested in FS at the height of summer
    Maybe some of the people from out of town will be.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Glad someone will go. I think it's great and am gutted I wont be around... I may be midway through drafting an email to friends and colleagues to let them know it's happening

Unfortunately it seems that not many Londoners are fussed about skating in general... :

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Whee..I'll probably be visiting/moving (?) to London later this year but it feels bad to have missed Sheffield and now that one...
    I really want to see how Tikhonov is going to be in Basharov's place.

Failing her snatch
    vCash

Sochi - Small Stories Of A Big City- Ice Show In London UK

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/350048BDC5BB9FEF

Hosted during the Olympic Games in London.

This summer, Russia's greatest ice-skating stars are bringing the beauty and spirit of the Russian winter to London. On a specially constructed, covered ice arena in Kensington Gardens, opposite the majestic Royal Albert Hall, audiences will be treated to a theatrical ice dance spectacular - Sochi: Small Stories of a Big City.

Created by Ilya Averbukh, the world-famous Russian figure-skating champion, this unique ice dance experience is being presented in London as part of Sochi.Park - a fantastic visitor attraction, designed to celebrate the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics during the London Games.

The show's creator, Ilya Averbukh has brought together a dazzling array of Russian ice-skating greats - comprising many international and Olympic champions - to perform in London. Sochi: Small Stories of a Big City will offer a unique chance for you to witness something truly special. Among the Olympic and World Champions performing will be Alexsei Yagudin, Tatyana Navka, Roman Kostomarov, Tatyana Totmyanina, Maxim Marinin, Mariya Petrova, Alexsei Tikhonov, Margarita Drobyasko, Povilas Vanagas, Maxim Stavinski, Albena Denkova, Maxim Shabalin and Oksana Domnina.

The Sochi.Park Ice Arena will present one of the biggest ice spectaculars ever to be shown outside of Russia - Sochi: Small Stories of a big City. This fantastic musical one ice features elite sportsmanship, theatre, live music, ice dancing, acrobatics and traditional and contepmorary dance. Starring only Olympic and world champions, this unforgettable show creates a world of beauty and skill, combining legendary Russian skating traditions and all the most exciting technologies.

Six Olympic champions and 18 world champions in figure skating perform the play's leading roles. More than 50 different artists from various genres (skaters, dancers, ballet, acrobats), 250 spectacular handmade costumes, seven tonnes of props, 15 original songs (composed by renowned Russian composer Roman Ignatyev) makes up 95 minutes of exhilaration!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Sounds awesome but I object to calling D&V World or Olympic champions.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I'm going while in London for the Olympics. Drobiazko/Vanagas will be my pee break.

vCash
    Please send reports starts tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast