Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    I'd say move it to January 25th, have everyone dress up in kilts, and hand out Haggis instead of candy.
    Will there be Scotch? I'm all for men in kilts, but Scotch helps. If so I'm for it.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think teachers that give students a lot of homework due or a test on Nov 1st are just being downright crabby. You can give the students a break from time to time. Send them off without homework for one day and don't schedule a test on that day. It is simple enough. Having said that, the parents need to make sure to get their kids in at a decent hour on Halloween night.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I like Oct. 31st for Halloween. The parties can take place before or after. I like giving candies to kids on Oct. 31st.
    That is what I like too. If it were always Saturday, I would be out and I wouldn't get to see all the costumes.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I went to Catholic school, so we always had off on November 1 (All Saints Day).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I went to Catholic school, so we always had off on November 1 (All Saints Day).
    Really? Lucky. I went to Episcopal elementary/middle school and then Catholic High School. It was definitely a celebrated holiday but not one we got off from school for.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash

Da-Da-Da-Da! (Snap!Snap) Da-Da-Da-Da! (Snap!Snap!)

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Really? Lucky. I went to Episcopal elementary/middle school and then Catholic High School. It was definitely a celebrated holiday but not one we got off from school for.
    Change your last name to Addams, and claim it as a religious holiday!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    It's a holy day of obligation in the Catholic Church, which means you're required to go to mass. At my schools they always gave us off on those days so we could go to mass with our families. As if. The only times I went to mass were at school, so they should've just held classes and made us go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    we have several kids in my building now and I need to ask the parents if they plan to go trick or treating on the 31st or over the weekend. I want to make stuff, but it'll only happen if they come around on Monday. I hate the idea of moving Hallowe'en to the last weekend in October. It just ain't right!
    Then there's no need to ask the parents!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    It's a holy day of obligation in the Catholic Church, which means you're required to go to mass. At my schools they always gave us off on those days so we could go to mass with our families. As if. The only times I went to mass were at school, so they should've just held classes and made us go.
    Yeah, we had mass AT school! lol
    -Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12